Dying inside

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I feel so bad that if my cloud had a silver lining....

It'd break off and hit me in the head!

*TM (that's a new joke there folks).

You can also try.....

I'm so unlucky that if every cloud has a silver lining, they'd probably break off and fall on my head.

You're welcome!

:heart:

DNA said:
I know you guys feel very bad but at 18-8 all you needed to do was hold in defense and the game was yours. If we couldn't cross your line anymore at 18-8 that would have been the final score. Why did we get across? The ref only awards the tries. Your line had to hold tight and the game was yours. Yet there were missed tackles and wrong choices made by defenders.

SBW was a miss tackle. Forget the forward pass. Had he been tackled there would be no talk about it and no try. Why was Tupou allowed uncontested to take the ball and score? With Jennings it was 2 on 1 could the ball have been batted away? It all came down to protecting your lead and the game was won. A couple of miss tackles and game over. Defense is what wins grand finals.

DNA as I've said before, you're welcome here and your posts are a good read.

But all you have to do is reverse the tale and you will get a sense of the disappointment felt by Manly fans. The argument that Easts were the best side all year doesn't hold water because we are not the EPL and don't employ a first past the post system. You already received your reward for that. It's called a minor premiership.

The decisions that were made not only had direct consequences, but also indirect ones like fatigue (through making extra tackles) and field position.

I'm sure there were times this year when Easts copped repeated rough calls in matches. The standard of refereeing has been an issue all year. But this was more than a regular season match.

Accept your win and celebrate it. We would be doing the same. But insinuating that all we had to do was keep tackling and we would have won is an over simplification.

Personally. I'm over the loss. It's happened and it's over in my book.

2014 promises to be huge for Manly and finding motivation to go one better won't be hard for the boys. We have the best halves combination (and by a considerable margin too) in the competition. And a level of toughness that never ceases to amaze me. I simply can't wait for it to all start again.

I hope it's a Manly v Easts grand final again. We have a good record in repeat situations (40-0 anyone ?)

Someone has put together lowlights of the errors that the commentators picked up (not manly supporters)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxTpZoKrh4

A carve up by the referees.

Does anyone know Daniel Anderson's e-mail address to send this to?

I haven't bothered to watch any footage from the game until now. Those errors highlighted in that footage are friggin unbeliavable. 10 calls that went aginst us is simply unacceptable. What's worse is that the club can't complain about it, otherwise they will be branded as sore losers.

That video alone deserves its own thread. Match officials not being held accountable for incompetence. I am surprised Manly were not flogged, given the numerous beneficial calls the Roosters received.

IQofalimabean said:
That video alone deserves its own thread. Match officials not being held accountable for incompetence. I am surprised Manly were not flogged, given the numerous beneficial calls the Roosters received.

It is up to the supporters to make a noise about this. We owe it to ourselves, the players and the future of Rugby League Integrity.

In 1995 Manly were by far the best team all season, finishing Minor Premiers & hot favorites. In the Grand Final against the 6th placed Bulldogs, the Sea Eagles were leading 4-0 & were all over the Bulldogs until two forward passes & a 7th tackle try changed the momentum the Bulldogs way.

We used that for motivation in 1996 & ended up winning the Premiership.

I am massively confident, don't moan we will be back and hopefully not all playing busted.
Let's be honest we played a 16 man game once richie got ruled out.
Best 6 and 7 in game and centre.

TWO DOGS said:
Jethro said:
Looking at the video, I'm sure that that pass from SBW to Maloney was forward too.

You are spot on, Jethro.

I thought that it was forward on the day too but I forgot to go back and look at it later until Fluffy posted the youtube clip.

I hurt for days. Then for some crazy reason I watched the replay on Fox Wednesday night. I must be a masochist. What that video doesn't show is some of the ref errors that favoured us as well. Not as many for sure but they did do some shockers against the chooks. I originally felt so many reffing errors in the first half cost us the game. Possibly.

We had any number of chances to close it out and failed just like the first semi. Their last three tries were terrific. A forward pass like Maloney to Mini happens in GFs. Despite that we could have won it but weren't good enough. If we had dislikes on here like the old days I would probably cop 100 but to me we could have won but didn't. So I'm over it. Still hurting but not seething like I was.

Which were the ones that favoured us MB? Maybe I watched through rose-coloured glasses, but I only noticed the ones that hurt us. I'd feel a bit better to know they went both ways.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Which were the ones that favoured us MB? Maybe I watched through rose-coloured glasses, but I only noticed the ones that hurt us. I'd feel a bit better to know they went both ways.

I'm not watching it again! The Lyon penalty try. Close but under the rules as it has always been played I think they were hard done by. From memory Ballin threw a forward pass to Foran about two tackles before Matai scored. JWH was ruled as losing the ball but Ballin's hand was in there and could have easily gone the other way. I'm sure there were plenty more. If there was a ref conspiracy they could have made other 50/50 calls against us. I'm putting it down to their basic incompetence and the 'game vibe' as I will never watch it again. :)

The refs have been terrible this year, the GF is just a culmination of the crap they have been producing week in, week out.
As soon as the refs start reffing what they see in front of them rather than going into a game with a pre-concieved idea of what is going to occur the better. Why do refs need to be coached ?
Daniel anderson must be happy the parra job is open, he probably doesn't want to don the ref's hat for another term.

ManlyBacker said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I'm not watching it again! The Lyon penalty try. Close but under the rules as it has always been played I think they were hard done by. From memory Ballin threw a forward pass to Foran about two tackles before Matai scored. JWH was ruled as losing the ball but Ballin's hand was in there and could have easily gone the other way. I'm sure there were plenty more. If there was a ref conspiracy they could have made other 50/50 calls against us. I'm putting it down to their basic incompetence and the 'game vibe' as I will never watch it again. :)
The penalty try was a 50/50 but I don't think it was a blatantly wrong call. However - the decision not to sin-bin the tackler has never really been explained. Didn't notice the forward pass but I did notice the Ballin hand when JWH last the ball! Some chooks are now also saying there was an obstruction in our first try, though I never noticed it.

Next year we simply need to be a little better, that way we take the refs out of the equation.

I think if we'd had a better run with injuries and not having one of our impact forwards suspended for eight weeks, we could easily have been minor premiers.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8