Dying inside

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Terry Zarsoff said:
I think if we'd had a better run with injuries and not having one of our impact forwards suspended for eight weeks, we could easily have been minor premiers.

In that case we would definitely have been premiers! (according to daily tele and hack pundit logic that the " best team all year" wins the gf)

Peter C said:
What pi$$es me off more is the fact every league journo acknowledges the fact that the referees greatly influenced the outcome , but say the Roosters deserved it because they were the better side, WTF!, we weren't given the chance to be the better side.

I just watched the highlights of the 2013 GF between Manly and Roosters- posted on this forum in another thread by Berkeley Eagle- message pasted below. I don't know how I managed to watch it when I'm still fuming about it, but I think that our Manly boys played really well.

Four days after the GF last year I was at the airport with my family about to take off for Los Angeles for two weeks. At the check-in, I saw someone in line ahead of us and he was wearing a Roosters jersey. It made me really cranky. Now I wished I had of been wearing my Manly jersey to show that not everyone is a Roosters supporter; wear my Manly pride.

2013 GF Manly v Roosters (gotta be an investigation!)

Published on 19 Oct 2013
If Manly won a GF with such one-sided refereeing, you would never hear the end of it! Let the Channel 9 commentators tell the story:

3rd (0:00): Pearce knocks on near Roosters line (refs miss it). Sterling: 'yeah it's a knock on', Warren: '99% of the time they would call that a knock on'.

11th (1:38): Pearce hand in play the ball makes Foran lose it (refs miss it). Warren: 'it should have been a Manly penalty'.

27th (3:21): Buhrer penalised for strip from kickoff after the try. Sterling: 'you haven't got time at full speed to think of doing that'.

30th (4:10): Roosters penalty goal after JWH drops the ball in the play the ball then head butts Horo. (refs should have reversed penalty, they blame Horo for it). Warren: 'I was wondering if the foul play may have seen it reversed'

33rd (6:08): Ballin penalised for tackle on Pearce after he kicks it (should not have been a penalty). Gould: 'that's a harsh one, a real harsh one'

38th (6:50): Jennings deflects Lyon kick into touch near Roosters line (refs miss it). Gould: 'the Roosters may have played at that'.

42nd (7:33): Penalty try to Manly. Sterling: 'the reason no one has been sent to the sin bin is because they have awarded (the try)'.

51st (12:47): Jake Friend tackles DCE late and high (refs miss it). Warren: 'there was probably a little bit of a question mark on that tackle'.

59th (14:53): Forward pass for SKD try (refs miss it). Gould: 'no risk in the world, that ball goes forward'.

70th (17:25): Jennings changes line to obstruct Lyon coming in for bomb near Roosters line (refs miss it). From next set Roosters get penalty from play the ball (for what?) and make break after touch finder leading to Jennings try. Sterling: 'at the other end of the field, I thought it was a penalty in favour of Manly'

All these incidents went against Manly except the penalty try and Aubusson should have been sin binned for 10 minutes if the penalty try was not awarded. There were no other incidents that the commentators called that went Manly's way.

Take off 14 points for 2 incorrect Roosters tries and penalty goal and 4 points for Manly penalty try and Manly wins 14-12!

Also Roosters fans showed great sportsmanship by booing DCE and Lyon during their speeches (22:19 DCE, 23:49 Lyon).

Also checkout the refs leaving the stage with big smiles on their faces (25:40).

To support the Sea Eagles, click: http://www.mwse.com.au

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6