Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Obviously the club does not support its juniors, when they keep buying from outside and they wonder why player's aren't loyal, when they are not loyal to them.
My advice for any juniors coming through is look after No1. As a contract means nothing either. Very sad to see Ballin going as well, Mr reliable, tough and one of the nicest guys around

I think the Trjobovic boys ,Knight ect will be looked after.
I rate Ballin a great player & even better quality bloke, but fact is, he has played his best footy & in the modern game...that explosive style hooker is key.
By mid 2016 every Seaeagles fan will be super happy with the Parcell/Api impact.
Ballin will always be a Manly legend but they got it right...hard decisions need to be made to move forward.

Obviously the club does not support its juniors, when they keep buying from outside and they wonder why player's aren't loyal, when they are not loyal to them.
My advice for any juniors coming through is look after No1. As a contract means nothing either. Very sad to see Ballin going as well, Mr reliable, tough and one of the nicest guys around
Agree totally everyone IMO is getting caught up in moment. Matt ballin has been playing in pack getting walloped for best part of season and a half. Played origin won 2 grand finals is a club legend. Great work rate brilliant service out of dummy half.
Now yes we don't have depth put wide given we now have one of best packs in comp .....on paper. We have to shed some to get here. I will be pissed if stevie is moved on, he a season ago was regarded long term one of best centres in comp, still feared hitter great show and go.
I have no doubt team bozo/penn are chasing bird are rumoured heavily and walker given burgess return is around the corner.
This said if we get rid of stevie I will be livid, his form was down given he has had multiple surgery to get back 2016 fit and firing. I am a little over throwing away sucess and players and for that matter coaches who are deemed past used by when in there prime they would have received better offers. We are throwing away our culture IMO.
If we start winning game and be near top I backslap penn but at present nothing is proved.

How come every players is now being linked to Manly? Have the journos forgotten about Easts?

Dont worry Hayne will be coming to Easts....

Walker Im not sure, he was on the grog a week after getting out of hospital from a drug OD and now in some form of rehab. Pass.

Hmmmm....didn't think we had any room left in the salary cap. Isn't that why the club let Gutho go??
Wrong, Gutherson left because he wanted to play fullback and he saw that Tom Turbo was next in line after Snake retired and Hiku was in front of him as well. It's as simple as that. The slime have promised him the full back position when Gordon moves on or retires.

Why is that so hard for people to understand, he asked to leave for that reason and unless you are prepared to give him Tom Turbo's fullback spot he won't come back anyway.

Wrong, Gutherson left because he wanted to play fullback and he saw that Tom Turbo was next in line after Snake retired and Hiku was in front of him as well. It's as simple as that. The slime have promised him the full back position when Gordon moves on or retires.

Why is that so hard for people to understand, he asked to leave for that reason and unless you are prepared to give him Tom Turbo's fullback spot he won't come back anyway.

Because him leaving of his own causes doesn't conform to the narrative that the Penns, Bozo and Barrett are all awful.

Obviously the club does not support its juniors, when they keep buying from outside and they wonder why player's aren't loyal…
… Very sad to see Ballin going as well…

So where exactly do you think Ballin came from? Some Manly junior failed to be picked up because we got a quality import - Ballin!

For the benefit of anyone who has been asleep for the last 50 years ….this has been going on for quite some time…

Why do people carry on with this loyalty garbage?

There is no loyalty in business!

I don't get the extended tears for Matty in the failed two-year contract with Manly. Ballin may be disappointed with the later change of plans. But IMO he has not been disadvantaged at all by signing a 2-year contract with Manly. It secured his future income. The only party potentially hurt by this sign-and-backflip drama is Manly.

Players are picked to fit the game plan. Ballin fits Taylor's defence-is-king game plan. The bonus is it helps him off-load a trouble maker and save some salary cap. Barrett has a different game plan and is looking for different things from his hooker.

So where exactly do you think Ballin came from? Some Manly junior failed to be picked up because we got a quality import - Ballin!

For the benefit of anyone who has been asleep for the last 50 years ….this has been going on for quite some time…
We know Ballin is not a junior but he was still under contract. Having a very successful u20s team some of these players haven't even been re signed ... wouldn't you re sign some of these kids first ? After all I though the reason why Bozo was coming back ( which was stated in the media ) was to look after the club's promising juniors........

We know Ballin is not a junior but he was still under contract. Having a very successful u20s team some of these players haven't even been re signed ... wouldn't you re sign some of these kids first ? After all I though the reason why Bozo was coming back ( which was stated in the media ) was to look after the club's promising juniors........
The coach got @rseholed, why would the players get signed

Has anyone considered that ballin was signed up on a two year deal in order to secure other players and once they were locked in he is surplus to requirements ?

I don't get the extended tears for Matty in the failed two-year contract with Manly. Ballin may be disappointed with the later change of plans. But IMO he has not been disadvantaged at all by signing a 2-year contract with Manly. It secured his future income. The only party potentially hurt by this sign-and-backflip drama is Manly.

Players are picked to fit the game plan. Ballin fits Taylor's defence-is-king game plan. The bonus is it helps him off-load a trouble maker and save some salary cap. Barrett has a different game plan and is looking for different things from his hooker.

Happens quite often in the Ice Hockey. Ok, that's a bigger market, but these types of trades happen quite often if it benefits the clubs and players.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
wouldn't you re sign some of these kids first ? After all I though the reason why Bozo was coming back ( which was stated in the media ) was to look after the club's promising juniors
It was to improve our junior development overall, and development pathways, not just to rubber stamp automatic contracts for our entire current crop of juniors. Wouldn't be much point in bringing Fulton in simply to do that, would there?

Oh and surprise, surprise, Dan mentioned Walker being linked to Manly. Further proof that the Weidlers of the world read these forums and then pass online speculation on to their viewers as something approximating fact.

I've never said he was a bad coach

He's a Mundine level person in my opinion though same as Bellamy and Des

As long as he wins me a premiership in 5 years, I wouldn't care if he was Satan himself.
(I am fed up with being a teacher in the Canterbury Bankstown area)

Even though I tell the students it has been 11 years since the Bulldogs have won anything, they still figure that Manly suck, purely on 2015 form! LOL!

Cut me a little slack...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6