Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Where did you hear this? There has been strong talk here that Hiku is going to the Dragons for next season.

The club has said openly many times we don't have to cut anyone. Unless we lock in a big name player for 2016, Hiku isn't going anywhere. We will keep him then address it for 2017 pending what happens with Killer and Skivvy.

Is he ready for the bash of first grade yet?
Tom will be bigger and stronger this year coming compared to last year. He fitted in quite well in the firsts without being spectacular and he held his own and did some good things. Having seen that and realising he will be improved this year, yes I would say he should be in the firsts. His speed and height alone make him a big plus for the side.

Tom will be bigger and stronger this year coming compared to last year. He fitted in quite well in the firsts without being spectacular and he held his own and did some good things. Having seen that and realising he will be improved this year, yes I would say he should be in the firsts. His speed and height alone make him a big plus for the side.

Yeah he's ready for sure, would rather him than any other wingers in our team. He has an amazing strike rate with 8 tries from 9 games and most of those tries he did all himself. He will be ready come march

For my money, Tom Trbojevic proved in 2015 that he can handle playing first grade. I really don't get the talk that he needs a season or two in NSW Cup because he's already proven good enough to be beyond that.

So what if he's only 18? Wasn't Graham Eadie the same age when he played FB in our 1972 GF winning team? And only 19 when we won in 1973 and then went on the Kangaroo Tour where he played 2 tests at FB against the Poms? And Wombat played in a far less sanitised era when 'testing the new guy' meant giving him some in tackles, going high with less fear of getting caught.

Last edited:
For my money, Tom Trbojevic proved in 2015 that he can handle playing first grade. I really don't get the talk that he needs a season or two in NSW Cup because he's already proven good enough to be beyond that.

So what if he's only 18? Wasn't Graham Eadie the same age when he played FB in our 1972 GF winning team? And only 19 when we won in 1973 and then went on the Kangaroo Tour where he played 2 tests at FB against the Poms? And Wombat played in a far less sanitised era when 'testing the new guy' meant giving him some in tackles, going high with less fear of getting caught.

Bob Fulton was only 18 when he came into the Manly side at 5/8 outside Frank Stanton. He was 17 when he played for the Wollongong side Wests. I think Ian Martin played his first first grade game while still 17...but cant be sure..certainly played when 18

Tommy was actually one of the players called into NSW Origin camp this year to run against the selected side. Even though it was only for training purposes I don't think Laurie Daley and the NSW selectors (which included Bozo) would have done that if they didn't think he could handle it.

Without a doubt Tommy would be one of my starting wingers in 2016. I wouldn't be wasting his talent against hacks in the NSW Cup.

There is no way he shouldn't be playing first grade in 2016. He played 8 or 10 games this year and not for one second did he look out of place.

Some kids aren't ready and some kids also have such an inflated opinion of themselves that they get a rude shock in firsts. I can't see that with Tommy T. He seems exceptionally level headed and I think he only needs to look at big brothers 2015 to see what belief and hard work (and talent) can do for you.

ZtH has Manly pacing young Tom in his column today, to 'fill him out'.

Age is not the issue, it's the size and speed of the opposing players, and those have doubled since Bozo's day @:cool:

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...d-of-2016-season/story-fngr8iii-1227625817164

But what about Tommy T? The try-scoring fullback is in the midst of a training regimen readying him for his first real tilt at the NRL.

In the last season he was, rightly, gradually given experience in the top grade and showed he could handle it.

To play NRL regularly he needs to be allowed to grow and get stronger, which is the emphasis of the process being undertaken with the youngster.

He remains very much in the learning phase of his career but he has the right people around him to ensure he is thrilling crowds at Brookie for a long time to come

Last edited:
Tom T will be our first choice winger this season-end of story. Comparisons with Eadie, Fulton etc are quite irelavent. Taufua is the one under great pressure to hold his spot. If he doesn't cut down his mistake rate, he is history.
One thing is for sure, there will be competition for ALL spots. Which is how it should be really.
Promising times ahead

Tommy scored 21 tries from 13 NYC games in 2015. He had 266 runs and ran for 3,352 metres and made 33 line breaks plus had 14 offloads. Me made 51 tackles and missed 21.

In the NRL he scored 8 tries from 9 games. He made 116 runs for 1,209 metres with 4 line breaks and 4 offloads. He also made 40 tackles and missed just 6.

ZtH has Manly pacing young Tom in his column today, to 'fill him out'.

Age is not the issue, it's the size and speed of the opposing players, and those have doubled since Bozo's day @:cool:

While that could point to holding him back a bit, it could also be a bit of a smoke screen. I'd say that filling him out would mean he's hitting the weights. Personally I'd have him in my starting XIII, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
I saw him the other day in Narrabeen. Was sitting down so hard to get a read on if he's bulked up.

He will be great. But nothing wrong with pacing the good kids either. Be nice if we have two wingers ahead of him this year, let him be nipping at their heals, building confidence in the 20's. Even as cover in the backs he will play plenty of NRL. Last thing he needs is an early injury like Gutherson collected. Look how that's turned out.

I'm pretty sure that at 19 Tom is a lot bigger than Snake was at 21/22.

Does anyone know if walker is still coming it's been quiet for a couple of days hearing rumours that brisbane are keen on him also

Just wondering what the order of announcements is going to be?

I'm guessing Dylan's announcement will be first.
Hiku joins 'another team' will follow.
Once we are assured Hiku is gone,
then the 'big name - international' signing should be the final anouncement.

Though Taupau was signed long ago, Walker was not initially the 5/8 signing priority who will most likely Still be at Manly in 2017....he is obviously done unless Manly hierarchy change at the 23rd hour so all on track.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12