Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No excuses for Dylan having a skinful of grog and carrying on obviously appallingly in public before the alleged assault incident but maybe with the apparent wrong car misunderstanding situation and intervention of other persons , a bit of latitude there . Of course no excuse again if Dylan was over aggressive and not unduly provoked and probably some actual filming of the scene will give a better indication . No doubt has improved his attitude , behavioural wise since the beginning of last year but not a good look on the weekend , top player when fit and firing for Manly but must be pushing the limit now with the tolerance factor in keeping him .

The Sydney Morning Herald reports Trbojevic was visibly upset when he was told of the alleged incident after a Blues training session on Monday.

“I’m a bit shocked, it’s very out of character, I hope it didn’t happen,” Trbojevic said.

“I’m really amazed and shocked to hear about it.

“He does a lot, he’s a great player.”

The Herald also reports the club doesn’t intend on standing Walker down and wants to find out more details before deciding on whether any action needs to be taken.

Just an interesting observation on PR as it was written by I guess you could say the pro-Dylan camp ... To give the impression of character and respect ... Dylan was referred to as Mr. Walker every time his name was mentioned ..

The moral of your too good to be true story feathered friend ?

The club has already financially supported and stuck by Dylan for five years, despite patchy form and long periods on the sideline through injury, suspension and off-field incidents.

This is now the fourth time that Dylan, as a very highly paid professional athlete, has ended up on the front page of the paper for an alleged off-field incident. Even for NRL player standards that is very ordinary.

Whatever the court verdict may be (and I am not prejudging), the club now has to deal with the consequences of this which include negative publicity, reduced ability to attract TPAs/sponsors, disruption to preparations, plus the resources it will consume to resolve this situation moving forward.

So, given all of that, I get a bit annoyed when some people then turn around and say that there is a "moral obligation" for the club to not only not sack him, but also to provide even more support for him than they already have. But even worse, I am concerned that it is exactly what the club will do.

Last edited:
Regardless of the , too many beers , wrong place at the time , made a mistake blah blah blah I fear Dylan is a serial offender of “ ****ing up”.

Joel Thompson had a “ lightbulb moment “ at the end of his career and gave up the drink and was a better man for it.

Some people ( most actually ) are the complete opposite of their normal personality with a few beers on board.

I drink little these days but back in the day you’d find me sitting in a corner very quiet if I had too much alcohol, my wife always knew when I got to that point it was time to head home.

Dylan I fear , is probably this quiet unassuming character from day to day but when he gets on the piss it’s like Jekyll & Hyde.

I doubt the club can continue on with him.

Regardless of the , too many beers , wrong place at the time , made a mistake blah blah blah I fear Dylan is a serial offender of “ ****ing up”.

Joel Thompson had a “ lightbulb moment “ at the end of his career and gave up the drink and was a better man for it.

Some people ( most actually ) are the complete opposite of their normal personality with a few beers on board.

I drink little these days but back in the day you’d find me sitting in a corner very quiet if I had too much alcohol, my wife always knew when I got to that point it was time to head home.

Dylan I fear , is probably this quiet unassuming character from day to day but when he gets on the piss it’s like Jekyll & Hyde.

I doubt the club can continue on with him.
It's apparent you haven't been really p1ssed for some time then Mark.

Doing well mate.
I think most on here in their 60’s would echo my opinion in that from about 50 your body seems to take ages to recover from a big night .

In my 20’s you’d sleep to 1pm the next day and all would be fine.

Not much different in the 30’s.

When I was 40 I used to sit on my recliner chair and say “ I’m never drinking again”.

When I turned 50 that time on the recliner was often 2 days.

Now in my 60’s I have 2-3 beers ( mid strength) and I know I’ve had enough.

I think most on here in their 60’s would echo my opinion in that from about 50 your body seems to take ages to recover from a big night .

In my 20’s you’d sleep to 1pm the next day and all would be fine.

Not much different in the 30’s.

When I was 40 I used to sit on my recliner chair and say “ I’m never drinking again”.

When I turned 50 that time on the recliner was often 2 days.

Now in my 60’s I have 2-3 beers ( mid strength) and I know I’ve had enough.
I can definitely relate. Up to the 50.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8