Eagles Angels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I sent him an email a while ago and got a reply back that included his mobile number.
I sent to:
[email protected]
Thanks BwE I've just posted but I'll resend to Joe with slight adjustments to the intro...maybe.

I forwarded this. It's long. Sorry about that but I really felt like an honest rant after the last six months.

Dear Sea Eagles management – this is not about membership. This is actually meant for either the Penn family or Joe Kelly though I’ve been told they see themselves as above communicating with mere fans.
Manly supporters are not happy with what has happened to our great club since the ownership takeover. While most of us initially saw the one ownership plan as a positive after years of infighting so far we have lost:
· Anthony Watmough to the Eels for 2015
· the club’s biggest asset, DCE, to the Titans for 2016
· Foran to the Eels for 2016
· many believe Foran’s heart is already with the Eels as he is not playing like a leading 5/8
· Kapersky as our sponsor
· there is talk of the Eagle Angels disbanding as it’s rumoured the Penn family does support this group. Strong women are vital to the Manly Sea Eagles – cut them at your peril
· there are constant rumours of Sea Eagle legend Geoff Toovey being shafted as coach because some upstart players, one in particular, don’t get on with him, stemming back to Glenn Stewart’s departure.
· there has been little or no communication with fans about recruitment plans to replace our halves - ‘We have a back up plan’ is not good enough. Communicate it!
· game attendances numbers
· membership is down from this time last year
· 3 games in 4 rounds.
Please do not send me a soulless pre-generated email as a reply. This speaks volumes about the club’s lack of care about what fans really think.
Don’t treat the fans with contempt. We understand that teams go through rebuilding phases. We want honest communication from the management and honest performances on the field from the players.
We want the club to stick to the values as stated on the Sea Eagles Staff page of
www.seaeagles.com.au:

Our Values
• Have a can-do attitude
• Be a team player
• Act responsibly and with integrity
• Respect people
• Be adaptable to change
• Be accountable for our actions

Please reply, with integrity.
Nicci

Lifelong Mighty Sea Eagle Supporter

Holy shyte my email address might be red-flagged now.:D

Geez, next we'll be hearing The Seabirds are being disbanded cause they cost the club too much. I dont think I can take ONE MORE piece of bad news. Things have to start improving, just on the law of probability :sweating: ??

Thanks BwE I've just posted but I'll resend to Joe with slight adjustments to the intro...maybe.

I forwarded this. It's long. Sorry about that but I really felt like an honest rant after the last six months.

Dear Sea Eagles management – this is not about membership. This is actually meant for either the Penn family or Joe Kelly though I’ve been told they see themselves as above communicating with mere fans.
Manly supporters are not happy with what has happened to our great club since the ownership takeover. While most of us initially saw the one ownership plan as a positive after years of infighting so far we have lost:
· many believe Foran’s heart is already with the Eels as he is not playing like a leading 5/8
· there is talk of the Eagle Angels disbanding as it’s rumoured the Penn family does support this group. Strong women are vital to the Manly Sea Eagles – cut them at your peril
· there are constant rumours of Sea Eagle legend Geoff Toovey being shafted as coach because some upstart players, one in particular, don’t get on with him, stemming back to Glenn Stewart’s departure.
· there has been little or no communication with fans about recruitment plans to replace our halves - ‘We have a back up plan’ is not good enough. Communicate it!
· 3 games in 4 rounds.
Please do not send me a soulless pre-generated email as a reply. This speaks volumes about the club’s lack of care about what fans really think.
Don’t treat the fans with contempt. We understand that teams go through rebuilding phases. We want honest communication from the management and honest performances on the field from the players.
We want the club to stick to the values as stated on the Sea Eagles Staff page of
www.seaeagles.com.au:

Our Values
• Have a can-do attitude
• Be a team player
• Respect people
• Be adaptable to change

Nicci

That's awesome. I didn't want it to end.

· 3 games in 4 rounds.
www.seaeagles.com.au:

Our Values
• Have a can-do attitude
• Be a team player
• Respect people
• Be adaptable to change

Nicci

That's great Nicci!
Hope you get a response. Mine were about DCE and Tooves. DCE generated vague response, Tooves ... nada. Also sent to membership explaining my difficulty in buying 2 country memberships due to many of the issues you've raised. Obviously the measly $600 we would have given them and our loyalty mean nothing to them because there was zero response. Surely you'd even have a generic "our fans are the lifeblood of the club" type response? Nup.

Next up the Seabirds followed by Egor, Ballboys will be after that.

Now just for 2V, Donny, Steve Gigg, Dave Penna and we will just about have eradicated everyone associated with the old regime.

Cop some short term stick, lose some fans and there you have it, the current 12 month plan !!

Next up the Seabirds followed by Egor, Ballboys will be after that.

Now just for 2V, Donny, Steve Gigg, Dave Penna and we will just about have eradicated everyone associated with the old regime.

Cop some short term stick, lose some fans and there you have it, the current 12 month plan !!
I just don't see why they don't get that without fans (customers, as you will @;)), they have empty grounds, zero merchandise, and no interest from Nine.
I just cannot see the business plan. All I see is vindictiveness. Nose to spite face, much?

I just don't see why they don't get that without fans (customers, as you will @;)), they have empty grounds, zero merchandise, and no interest from Nine.
I just cannot see the business plan. All I see is vindictiveness. Nose to spite face, much?

Virtual crowds mate, no whinging supporters ( sorry customers ) then.

You can even get rid of the membership / complaints section then, wow think of the savings!!

· 3 games in 4 rounds.
www.seaeagles.com.au:

Our Values
• Have a can-do attitude
• Be a team player
• Respect people
• Be adaptable to change

Nicci

I really like the sentiment of your letter and it really portrays how frustrated most of us all by the continuing frustration of a leadership that continues to be dysfunctional.

I have advocated that the Penns have a right to run the club as they see fit but the thing that MUST change is the way the club communicates with the members.

The dissolving of our team is happening right before our eyes as we witness the divisions that started last year widen. I watched the 2013 semi against Souths and to see that team overcome a deficit and be so together as they overcame Souths was such a reminder as to how much that has changed.

The club must start listening to its members and fans and not to do that is to their peril. There is no doubt that this unrest has badly affected the clubs membership drive for 2015 and has made it harder to attract sponsors and also attract players to the club for 2015.

The club needs to be very careful with the decisions its makes moving forward. I dont want to hear about plans for Brookvale I want to see it done, the longer this is unresolved the further we fall behind our rivals.

The club has an outstanding batch of young players coming through and we need to see from the club a willingness to re-sign as many of these kids as possible and we have the available salary cap to do this now.

Players that we sign moving forward have to be aligned with the values of the team and the club. We dont need guys who will just take the coin, seeing guys we have nurtured now leaving is a real kick in the guts for the fans. All I want now is guys who want to be at the club and show their passion. Never again should we allow to happen what occured with our halves and the failed process of re-signing them.

The club needs to treat people like the Eagles Angels who have worked tirelessly for the club when it was on its knees not that long ago with the upmost respect.

The club must back Toovey or get rid of him, there is no way we can sign new players till this is sorted out one way or another.

This is the time for decisive and fluid leadership.

The ball is now in your court Mr Kelly and the Penn clan!

I really like the sentiment of your letter and it really portrays how frustrated most of us all by the continuing frustration of a leadership that continues to be dysfunctional.

I have advocated that the Penns have a right to run the club as they see fit but the thing that MUST change is the way the club communicates with the members.

The dissolving of our team is happening right before our eyes as we witness the divisions that started last year widen. I watched the 2013 semi against Souths and to see that team overcome a deficit and be so together as they overcame Souths was such a reminder as to how much that has changed.

The club must start listening to its members and fans and not to do that is to their peril. There is no doubt that this unrest has badly affected the clubs membership drive for 2015 and has made it harder to attract sponsors and also attract players to the club for 2015.

The club needs to be very careful with the decisions its makes moving forward. I dont want to hear about plans for Brookvale I want to see it done, the longer this is unresolved the further we fall behind our rivals.

The club has an outstanding batch of young players coming through and we need to see from the club a willingness to re-sign as many of these kids as possible and we have the available salary cap to do this now.

Players that we sign moving forward have to be aligned with the values of the team and the club. We dont need guys who will just take the coin, seeing guys we have nurtured now leaving is a real kick in the guts for the fans. All I want now is guys who want to be at the club and show their passion. Never again should we allow to happen what occured with our halves and the failed process of re-signing them.

The club needs to treat people like the Eagles Angels who have worked tirelessly for the club when it was on its knees not that long ago with the upmost respect.

The club must back Toovey or get rid of him, there is no way we can sign new players till this is sorted out one way or another.

This is the time for decisive and fluid leadership.

The ball is now in your court Mr Kelly and the Penn clan!
Great post.

The old terms of service hey fall back on them what he said was offensive and should have been deleted.
I just love the double standards you have members calling other members Retards which people with an intellectual disability or family members with find equally as offensive and nothing is done.

You reported one of those inappropriate 'retard' posts and I deleted it and informed the person that using the description of 'Retard' is inappropriate and against the forum T&Cs. I have since came across numerous other posts from the same user in different threads with the same content that you reported and I have deleted those posts and informed him of the reason for their removal too so don't start with this double standards crap. We (moderators) do have lives outside of Silvertails. We are not here 24/7 reviewing every single post and thread for correct content so we do rely on people reporting possible inappropriate posts so that they are brought to our immediate attention for any action that may be required.

You reported one of those inappropriate 'retard' posts and I deleted it and informed the person that using the description of 'Retard' is inappropriate and against the forum T&Cs. I have since came across numerous other posts from the same user in different threads with the same content that you reported and I have deleted those posts and informed him of the reason for their removal too so don't start with this double standards crap. We (moderators) do have lives outside of Silvertails. We are not here 24/7 reviewing every single post and thread for correct content so we do rely on people reporting possible inappropriate posts so that they are brought to our immediate attention for any action that may be required.
And we really appreciate what you all do. Haven't said it before but, Thanks All Mods!!!!!!

And we really appreciate what you all do. Haven't said it before but, Thanks All Mods!!!!!!
Absolutely huge shout out to all you mods........ Don't know what happened to earlier comment saying same thing ..... I don't think there was any inappropiate in it?..... But here you had it .

In isolation this stuff about the Eagle Angels you'd go 'oh yeh, whatever, sounds poor but I'm sure there's just a bit of miscommunication'.

But its just another piece of bad news about poor communication and leaving everyone scratching their heads thinking 'what is going on with Manly???'.

Just imagine how a personally addressed and signed letter from Scott Penn & Joe Kelly to each and every member explaining their plan , and by that I don't mean some fluffy 10 point bull**** plan for Brooky, but their plan for 2016 and beyond would go!!

I can live with a rebuild , I can live without two star halves but what I can't live with is being treated Like a bloody mushroom.

As a customer I deserve better!!

Sometimes too many ownership groups have too much power be it in the team or on the outside----being too much of a family club can drain on the finances a sense of entitlement can flood the place and create poor attitudes.

Not saying I agree with what is happening (don't know enough detail to have a valid opinion) but sometimes a clean sweep of the place(as ruthless as it is) is what is required to streamline and make the place more efficient---yes you lose that connection that once was but hopefully the changes create new bonds.

The foundations and bonds that were created during our struggling years which made fans feel part of the rebirth of Manly will have to be created again and maybe in a different guise---hopefully not too many people are turned away during the process to the point of ruining the place.

Only time will tell I guess....

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6