Eagles Angels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mmm, yep that's right.... Sydney is supposed to be the highest populated city for GAYS, topics a little to close to home for some . Sorry if I broke any finger nails.
Not sure how this has anything to do with Eagles Angels but I think you need to start using different terminology. In this day and age society is different and to call someone or something gay is not right nor acceptable. Maybe just use a different word to express your thoughts next time!

Nicci, I have spoken to the club, and Kelly has instituted a policy that correspondence is cut off before it gets to him, so dont bother.

They have a pre formatted response they send out now. I wanted to introduce a potential major sponsor, but got a vanilla response, so screw them I thought.

Kelly has brought over the Souths / Chelsea culture. What he doesn't realise, is that we are of different size, makeup and culture, and he needs to realise that to be successful.

Honestly, I think I could do a better job. Better with corporate sponsorship. Better with culture building. Better with PR. Better with the books. Better with internal politics.

So don't bother nicci. You will hit a wall, and it will be a waste of both your time and emotion.
I think any of us could do a better job.

Please excuse the perhaps incorrect terminology....I feel that if you are going to privately own a a football club then you need to be somewhat philanthropic. Obviously I'm not particularly savvy when it comes to business but I think when you invest in a passion or a hobby you can't expect to recoup all of your investment.
So my question is....Has our club become a business investment for a couple of wealthy guy's or do the Penns hurt like us when they see the team in crisis.

Did you get a response bud?

Kelleys silence in all thing Manly Sea Eagles has been deafening...in my opinion bordering contempt and unprofessional.

Joe Kelly by far is the worst leader ever to have associated himself with the club.

Hes an avid failure at every turn.

Here are a few more facts:

There are 22 Eagles Angels in total most are mentioned in the article but thought it would be worthwhile listing the others as they are an amazing group of women. (Perhaps some of the names may not be familiar - google them)
  • Sarah Peattie
  • Jenny Owens
  • Krystal Barter
  • Mel Femia
  • Maryanne Morello
  • Amy O’Mara
  • Brooke Hanson
  • Shelley Taylor Smith
  • Shelley Oates Wilding
  • Tracey Spicer
  • Tracy Bevan
The function that Wendy and Sarah organised back in 2001 at the Leagues Club saved the club from going under. They raised $80K that evening but more importantly Max Delmege was in the audience and couldn’t believe what an amazing group of women they were. Of course he then went on to sponsor the Sea Eagles and poured millions into the club.

Since 2002 the Angels have raised over $500K for the club through sponsorships, membership and event fundraising. As well as charity fundraising. It was in 2005 that David Gallop approached us to understand the Angels model and from there in 2006 the NRL Women In League Round was born.

Joe Kelly has been in contact with the Angels. In December 2014 there was a function at the Collaroy Hotel and about 10 Angels came along. Joe was very excited about the history of the Angels and what they can continue to bring to the club as a marketing entity. Since then no further contact has been made. One hopes that he does reconnect with them and assigns the appropriate marketing and sponsorship person to look after them and continue with their value and good worth to the club. This group of women are gold – no other club can claim such an amazing group.

There are 22 Eagles Angels in total most are mentioned in the article but thought it would be worthwhile listing the others as they are an amazing group of women. (Perhaps some of the names may not be familiar - google them)
  • Sarah Peattie
  • Jenny Owens
  • Krystal Barter
  • Mel Femia
  • Maryanne Morello
  • Amy O’Mara
  • Brooke Hanson
  • Shelley Taylor Smith
  • Shelley Oates Wilding
  • Tracey Spicer
  • Tracy Bevan
The function that Wendy and Sarah organised back in 2001 at the Leagues Club saved the club from going under. They raised $80K that evening but more importantly Max Delmege was in the audience and couldn’t believe what an amazing group of women they were. Of course he then went on to sponsor the Sea Eagles and poured millions into the club.

Since 2002 the Angels have raised over $500K for the club through sponsorships, membership and event fundraising. As well as charity fundraising. It was in 2005 that David Gallop approached us to understand the Angels model and from there in 2006 the NRL Women In League Round was born.

Joe Kelly has been in contact with the Angels. In December 2014 there was a function at the Collaroy Hotel and about 10 Angels came along. Joe was very excited about the history of the Angels and what they can continue to bring to the club as a marketing entity. Since then no further contact has been made. One hopes that he does reconnect with them and assigns the appropriate marketing and sponsorship person to look after them and continue with their value and good worth to the club. This group of women are gold – no other club can claim such an amazing group.
It's interesting that they appear in the corporate brochure - not sure why there has been a drop off, unless he's been too busy with all the marquee signings and new sponsorship announcements :giggle:

you guys certainly do represent what is good about this club.

ponders which one is Lulubelle
Fluffy I would love to say I'm one of these amazing women but sadly I don't have any of their wonderful talents! I'm just someone who loves the club.

• Sarah Peattie
  • Jenny Owens
  • Krystal Barter
  • Mel Femia
  • Maryanne Morello
  • Amy O’Mara
  • Brooke Hanson
  • Shelley Taylor Smith
  • Shelley Oates Wilding
  • Tracey Spicer
  • Tracy Bevan

It's so hard to get a read on Joe Kelly. He turns up in a number of areas, seems enthusiastic, then disappears back down his rabbit hole, never to be heard from again.

It's interesting that they appear in the corporate brochure - not sure why there has been a drop off, unless he's been too busy with all the marquee signings and new sponsorship announcements :giggle:
The reason they are still in the Corporate Brochure is because that brochure was put together when Greg Butterworth's team was in place last year.

You'd think Kelly would give Wendy a phone call after reading the paper on the weekend. Surely he has enough common sense to call her, assure her how important the eagle angels are and explain he has been busy etc and he will be in touch soon or one of his team will be in touch soon to discuss how they will work together going forward.

This is very basic stakeholder management which he is surely capable of...

Kelly has a very difficult job at the moment.

Trying to convince players to come to Manly when we are a total mess run by people who are destroying the club

Kelly has a very difficult job at the moment.

Trying to convince players to come to Manly when we are a total mess run by people who are destroying the club
Chez and Foz are proof that you can prostitute your talents at cellar dweller Clubs:cool:

60809628.jpg

Did you get a response bud?

Kelleys silence in all thing Manly Sea Eagles has been deafening...in my opinion bordering contempt and unprofessional.

Joe Kelly by far is the worst leader ever to have associated himself with the club.

Hes an avid failure at every turn.
Still waiting...
When I own Manly I'm going to make big improvements in communicating with the fans.

• Sarah Peattie
  • Jenny Owens
  • Krystal Barter
  • Mel Femia
  • Maryanne Morello
  • Amy O’Mara
  • Brooke Hanson
  • Shelley Taylor Smith
  • Shelley Oates Wilding
  • Tracey Spicer
  • Tracy Bevan

I really enjoyed reading your post @lulubelle

Nicci, I have spoken to the club, and Kelly has instituted a policy that correspondence is cut off before it gets to him, so dont bother.

They have a pre formatted response they send out now. I wanted to introduce a potential major sponsor, but got a vanilla response, so screw them I thought.

Kelly has brought over the Souths / Chelsea culture. What he doesn't realise, is that we are of different size, makeup and culture, and he needs to realise that to be successful.

Honestly, I think I could do a better job. Better with corporate sponsorship. Better with culture building. Better with PR. Better with the books. Better with internal politics.

So don't bother nicci. You will hit a wall, and it will be a waste of both your time and emotion.
I have written a few emails this past week about DCE's failed contract renewal . Ryan you are absolutely correct in that kelly is not interested. I have only received generic replies back from the membership team. Seriously! I am beyond annoyed with current management.

The thing is. What set manly apart is that we were never run as a business, well at least not above all else. If thats what they are trying to implement at the expense of spirit, culture, long term ties and relationships well the only language they will understand from us, the fans (there seemingly insignificant stakeholders) is something that hits them in the hip pocket and on the bottom line. People are voting with their feet. Lower memberships, lower crowds equals less merchandise, less corporate appeal. Less brand exposure and therefore less money. It might be the only way they understand how bigger stake we actually have in the club. I love manly because we were different, and succesful because of that. losing our identity and uniqueness is not something I can get behind at present.

I will continue to support, the emotional investment is not something I can shake, but the monetary investment is something I can withdraw as i simply don't like the direction we are taking at the moment.

Blind support is not going to help anyone. Speaking their language in a financial sense may do the trick. You want a business penns? Well there is collateral damage and opportunity cost in every decision.

The thing is. What set manly apart is that we were never run as a business, well at least not above all else.
Agree with everything you say. I've been thinking a lot lately about the difference between Scott Penn and Russell Crowe - apart from the obvious movie star thingy. Only the slightest awareness of Crowe and you know he is a passionate, PASSIONATE Bunnies supporter - he bleeds red and green. Our bloke? I have no way of knowing if he even is a Manly supporter. Dreadful feeling.

Wouldnt it be great if Hugh Jackman could get involved with the club as Rusty has at the vermin. Hugh loves this club and it would be nice to see someone with a passion for the place run the show. The Penns have to step up, end they dysfunction and start communicating with the members and the fans. The rot needs to stop!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4