• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ant, you're probably right.  I think the era of governments splashing out big on sporting arenas is over.  Pity we couldn't fit a V8 race in there somewhere.  (we'd be a good fit with the Dallas Cowboys)     

Darren link said:
It would be great, can we remind him!!! The club or supporters should do that!! Down here in Wollongong, its either Labor or Greens, not Libs here!! A standard joke in 1990's was Mickey Mouse could run for Labor party in Gong and he would be voted in. Mickey is for the working man  ;D

The northern beaches is such a liberal area that they could put a goat in for the Libs and he would still be voted in. 

Des would be happy as it would probably stop the goat from stalking him

tookey link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=184151.msg276442#msg276442 date=1279452425]
It would be great, can we remind him!!! The club or supporters should do that!! Down here in Wollongong, its either Labor or Greens, not Libs here!! A standard joke in 1990's was Mickey Mouse could run for Labor party in Gong and he would be voted in. Mickey is for the working man  ;D

The northern beaches is such a liberal area that they could put a goat in for the Libs and he would still be voted in.  

Des would be happy as it would probably stop the goat from stalking him
[/quote]

And regardless of everything else, that's what makes us all crazy. If people made our seat more marginal, we'd start getting things to improve the demographic.

I live in the electorate – We get the odd letter from Uncle Tony which is slagging off Rudd / Gillard with little or no information on what he plans to do to help the area

In the past 3 years or so I do not remember seeing anything re brookie....

I remember back in the 70s when the State seat of Manly was marginal and a lot of money was spent in the area. For a while there was an independent member too but with redistributions things have changed. The Libs are criticising the stimulus spending as reckless so for them to suddenly give away 9 million on a sportsground would be totally contradictory!! Mind you, it is Tony!!! :)

tookey link said:

They did! LOL

Are people seriously going to give Labour another term of stuffing up this state and country? Quite possible is Ranga's unite. Go budgie boy and bring some money to Brookie.

I have asked - If I get a reply I will advise.

Electoral Division of Warringah (NSW)
The Hon Tony Abbott MP
Title: Leader of the Opposition.

Party: Liberal Party of Australia

Parliament House Contact
PO Box 6022
House of Representatives
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

Tel: (02) 6277 4022
Fax: (02) 6277 8562

Email: [email protected]

Electorate Office Contact
Manly Office:
17 Sydney Road
Manly NSW 2095

Postal Address:
PO Box 450
Manly NSW 2095

Tel: (02) 9977 6411
Fax: (02) 9977 8715

People who think the number one issues in a federal election are a bit of cash for a footy oval and which team the various leaders follow are dribblers. 

The Gronk link said:
People who think the number one issues in a federal election are a bit of cash for a footy oval and which team the various leaders follow are dribblers. 

Exactly.  We should be more worried by governments and economic mismanagement.

Its the worst possible seat to be in.

Its in a safe liberal area
Its got the leader of the party in it, so doubly safe
He doesnt have the time or need to do anything local. he is to busy with the national campaign.
Even if he did promise some funding that doesnt mean it would happen http://www.smh.com.au/national/read-my-lying-lips-abbott-admits-you-cant-believe-everything-he-says-20100517-v9ge.html (at least he is sticking with liberal policy there, 'core promises' again)

Not a chance in hell you will see anything done for brookie, no politition will ever bother doing anything more than a few token gestures if they dont have to fight for a vote.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6