Elgey signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would rather this option and see a young gun develop, than just plonk some good but not great player like Maloney into the mix. Lyon and Matai most probably only have another year of quality to give, but would be good for the young bloke to be around them for a season. If the other thread of Nat Myles coming to the club is true, then i think some good signs are emerging. Prepared to forgive an ill disciplined action in the relieving dept (who hasn't been there ?) for a pretty tough, no nonsense player + seems a bit more of a rational dude these days.

been told by a mate of mine that knows Zorba that our halves next season will be Widdop and Elgey.

Not sure what to make of that. Personally would just move Stewart to 5/8 and spend the halves money on more forwards. However all the good ones are gone.

How sad, DCE > Elgey :(

How do you know this though? It's not like DCE exactly set the world on fire in his first few games in 1st grade. It's not like everyone thought DCE was going to be a superstar when he debuted - in fact, I bet the feelings were the same when Hodkinson left and we had this DCE kid debuting for us round 1 2011.

Yes, looking at it now, it all turned out great. But who's to say that we won't be looking back in 2020 at another premiership, and another GF loss, with a kid like Elgey leading us there, exactly like DCE has. It's just silly comparing the 2.

Massoud said we are looking at Townsend and Locke. Wouldnt mind Locke on the wing but havent seen him around much lately.

I personally wouldnt mind Norman and Elgey together. Both young and could build a decent future for Manly if we sign some good forwards to help them along.

Would of preferred Sezer over Egly. But at this rate I am just over the moon we signed someone who isn't 30+.

I don't Understand Raiders getting Sezer when they have Austin, to me they are two very similar players
Austin dead set looks like he is about to audition for the 3 muskateers, maybe the Raiders are concerned he is going to leave for a broadway show

image.jpg

How do you know this though? It's not like DCE exactly set the world on fire in his first few games in 1st grade. It's not like everyone thought DCE was going to be a superstar when he debuted - in fact, I bet the feelings were the same when Hodkinson left and we had this DCE kid debuting for us round 1 2011.

Yes, looking at it now, it all turned out great. But who's to say that we won't be looking back in 2020 at another premiership, and another GF loss, with a kid like Elgey leading us there, exactly like DCE has. It's just silly comparing the 2.

1) I am looking at 2016, not waiting till 2020 for Premiership wins - DCE > Elgey in delivering that
2) Elgey can only play on the LHS as he is a left foot kicker, DCE > Elgey as he kicks with either foot
3) I watch the NYC and DCE > Hodkinson, was surprise that Dez went with the latter.
First year in first grade, DCE helps win in us a Premiership.
So by end of 2016 we will know if Elgey can rise to DCE level
4) DCE married a local girl and was settled here. Elgey is a young kid from the GC who is being reported as wanting to stay there. So if Manly do sign him, there is a strong chance that he will return there in 4 years.
5) GC would have fought to keep Elgey if he was as good as DCE with their NRL funding

Manly mismanaged the whole DCE situation purely based on personality clashes and not football talent and results. So I stand by my view that currently DCE > Elgey for results on the field.@:cool:

I can only hope that Elgey surpasses DCE if Manly have signed him.@:)

been told by a mate of mine that knows Zorba that our halves next season will be Widdop and Elgey.

Not sure what to make of that. Personally would just move Stewart to 5/8 and spend the halves money on more forwards. However all the good ones are gone.
That Z is the leak :giggle:

I don't mind Widdop and he does have good work ethics from his Bellamy days @:cool:

1) I am looking at 2016, not waiting till 2020 for Premiership wins - DCE > Elgey in delivering that
2) Elgey can only play on the LHS as he is a left foot kicker, DCE > Elgey as he kicks with either foot
3) I watch the NYC and DCE > Hodkinson, was surprise that Dez went with the latter.
First year in first grade, DCE helps win in us a Premiership.
So by end of 2016 we will know if Elgey can rise to DCE level
4) DCE married a local girl and was settled here. Elgey is a young kid from the GC who is being reported as wanting to stay there. So if Manly do sign him, there is a strong chance that he will return there in 4 years.
5) GC would have fought to keep Elgey if he was as good as DCE with their NRL funding

Manly mismanaged the whole DCE situation purely based on personality clashes and not football talent and results. So I stand by my view that currently DCE > Elgey for results on the field.@:cool:

I can only hope that Elgey surpasses DCE if Manly have signed him.@:)
Yeah sure DCE is better than Elgey - no one will dispute that. But GC need a poster boy for the club now. Pure and simple. Elgey would take years to be that person. He's just collateral damage in their attempt to save the club.

Also in regards to your 4th point, DCE can get out of his deal after 2017, so maybe he'll get jack of the GC and want to come "home" too. Who knows...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6