Elgey signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unless its something that has been posted by someone I know in person (and its a personal post, not a share of something else), I tend to take what is said on FB with a pinch of salt.

I'll believe Manly have signed Elgey or someone else when its officially announced.

Snake to 5/8? You really want to put him in the front line of defence? As good a defender as he is I seriously doubt his body could stand up to tackling forwards all game long for a season or two. I know Tom T is a future superstar, and Peta has already proven himself as a first grade and international fullback, but the last thing I would do is move Snake from the back. If we're going to move anyone I would put Killer at 5/8 and play Gutho or Peta in the centres

If Manly was chasing Sezer then this is a worry as far as our future recruitment is concerned. I think he would have been a great acquisition. The bloke allegedly wanted to return to Sydney... and yet he signs with a non-performing, non-Sydney team coached by an under-performer! If he chose that option over us then it shows how screwed-up our club is.
Let's hope Manly were never interested in Sezer.

I will take widdop and Elgey. Prefer Maloney but would be ok with widdop.

We need some grunt as well. Myles and another prop. I would also be looking at beau ScottScott

My Team for 2016:

Snake
Tom T
Skivvy
Hiku will need to work on his defence
Gutherson
Lyon
Elgey
Lussick / BJ
Ballin / Hodges
Jake T / Maria - can we get him ?
Mateo / Lui
Buhrer / JSL

Connections with the Dragons suggest Widdop is more likely to head to SL than another NRL club. Perhaps the coin on offer may change that, but he is keen to head to the UK sooner, rather than wait to the backend of his career.

My Team for 2016:

Snake
Tom T
Skivvy
Hiku will need to work on his defence
Gutherson
Lyon
Elgey
Lussick / BJ
Ballin / Hodges
Jake T / Maria - can we get him ?
Mateo / Lui
Buhrer / JSL

That's a good team. If we could somehow land Myles as well. Top 25. This team would challenge for a top 4 fully fit, and depth looks great.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Kane Elgey
08. Nate Myles
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Luke Burgess
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Dunamis Lui

Depth Backs: Tom Trbojevic / Brayden Wiliame / Chase Blair
Depth Forwards: Ligi Sao / Josh Starling / Blake Leary / Tyson Andrews / Jesse Sene-Lefeo
Hookers / Half Backs: Jayden Hodges / Riley Travers

Personally I would be inclined to get a 5/8 to partner elgey that still has at least 5 yrs of their career left.

Moving killer to 5/8 is only a short term solution, and with elgey being very young, I would prefer he use 2016 to build a partnership with the NO.6. (of course this is under a caveat we actually do sign elgey).

If Manly was chasing Sezer then this is a worry as far as our future recruitment is concerned. I think he would have been a great acquisition. The bloke allegedly wanted to return to Sydney... and yet he signs with a non-performing, non-Sydney team coached by an under-performer! If he chose that option over us then it shows how screwed-up our club is.
Let's hope Manly were never interested in Sezer.
I loved the quote be his management in the tele about him joining the Raiders..... "that other clubs were chasing him but it's a club that's building and on the rise. That's nothing against the other clubs that were interested but it's a club that's appealed to him. They're a good club that's been down and they're recovering".. **** me ..... I agree I hope we weren't interested in him.... this all says so much about what the player market thinks of us.

Personally I would be inclined to get a 5/8 to partner elgey that still has at least 5 yrs of their career left.
Moving killer to 5/8 is only a short term solution, and with elgey being very young, I would prefer he use 2016 to build a partnership with the NO.6. (of course this is under a caveat we actually do sign elgey).
No, Elgey brand new to club. Needs a year to get settled. the experience of Killer beside him can teach him heaps. Lets get some extra value out of Killer's last year, with some Baton passing to Elgey.

Oh, and i have one other suggestion. : Andrew Johns be appointed Head Coach.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8