Elgey signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like the idea of Widdop or Norman to partner Elgey, and spend the rest on a couple of forwards. Apparently Sam Thaiday is not in Wayne's little click at Brisbane. He's 29 and said in RLW his looking for a 3 year deal to see him out. I think he'd be worth a call, but not sure you'd get him across the border.

I loved the quote be his management in the tele about him joining the Raiders..... "that other clubs were chasing him but it's a club that's building and on the rise. That's nothing against the other clubs that were interested but it's a club that's appealed to him. They're a good club that's been down and they're recovering".. **** me ..... I agree I hope we weren't interested in him.... this all says so much about what the player market thinks of us.
That just sounds pissy. Like we didn't offer him the coin he wanted.

Can any one tell me who our guns are in the 20s
I've only seen a couple of games but Tom T is the obvious one, who we've all seen now in NRL. Addison Demetriou looks a very talented player. Currently playing prop, but has a stocky, nuggety build similar to Gallen and looks to me like he'd make a good 13 to me. Runs hard and hits hard. The hooker Hugh Pratt looks to have some ability as well. Trbojevic and Demetriou have been the standouts in the couple of games I've seen, but given the points they've scored the halves must be doing something right. Riley Travers is the usual 7 and looked handy. Can't remember the name of the 6 at the moment.

Sam Thaiday? Are you freaking kidding me?

How he keeps getting picked to play for Australia I'll never know. And he only gets picked for Qld because they seem to have no one else, plus their selectors are immensely loyal to their players.

Wayne Bennett may play favourites with his coaching, but history has told that he has a knack for knowing when a player is getting past their used by date. Wally Lewis and Willie Carne are prime examples. And it appears that Thaiday is set to join them.

I've only seen a couple of games but Tom T is the obvious one, who we've all seen now in NRL. Addison Demetriou looks a very talented player. Currently playing prop, but has a stocky, nuggety build similar to Gallen and looks to me like he'd make a good 13 to me. Runs hard and hits hard. The hooker Hugh Pratt looks to have some ability as well. Trbojevic and Demetriou have been the standouts in the couple of games I've seen, but given the points they've scored the halves must be doing something right. Riley Travers is the usual 7 and looked handy. Can't remember the name of the 6 at the moment.
Thanks mate herd the hynes kids goes good and the centre is. Ment to be classy to

Sam Thaiday? Are you freaking kidding me?

How he keeps getting picked to play for Australia I'll never know. And he only gets picked for Qld because they seem to have no one else, plus their selectors are immensely loyal to their players.

Wayne Bennett may play favourites with his coaching, but history has told that he has a knack for knowing when a player is getting past their used by date. Wally Lewis and Willie Carne are prime examples. And it appears that Thaiday is set to join them.
Yeah if they reduce interchange we don't need old guys that can't play 80 mins...

Hopefully 7.Egley 6. Carney. The management need to tie up our halves asap so they can invest money in the forwards. Stop trying to get Foran to backflip pull a finger out and start recruiting.

Have been watching Elgey very closely over the past two weeks. And well I know he is quite green, but gee he needs a looooot of work, especially in defence. His game last week was riddled with errors. But in saying that he does have lot of potential.....so who knows what he could become....!! :)

I still would prefer DCE any day of the week. The way management dealt with his contract negotiations was utterly disgraceful, they should be very, very ashamed of themselves....fools.....!!

Will he still be here in May?
Penn has said it's is all.about.results. In getting players to sign on with the Eags Kelly has been a massive fail. So may be. If Toov's goes then Kelly must Go.

We are discussing Lg's signing like he is a superstar. He isn't and the kid will take time to develop. Will pearsall may be just as good but actually direct a team to some wins in the nyc. Didn't Lg's titans come last last year?

He has talent but seriously. Under Kelly we are.struggling to sign a kid who is need of an opportunity for a first grade spot!!!'!

If we.are to make the top 8 in the next 5 years Dce is what we need.

If I could have any one else in the halves it would be wade Graham. So much experience, hard to believe he is still so young.

What about options in the ESL. Is there any quality No.6 in England? Or is it a case that top 5/8 england would be way too much coin.

Raiders paid 500k a year. F me, if we.we're.willing to offer both Foz n dce 9 how could we not be willing to give 5 for Sezer?

Kelly is Off his head.
Hmmm, I dunno. He hasn't actually done much. Maloney at least is a premiership winner yada yada. Sezer is injury prone and apart from being a decent first grader, what has he done? The Raiders also may have gone 500K against the cap plus a TPA because they have no one else to use them on...

Lets hope Warwick is still on his game for spotting young talent....I don't want to appear negative but it's starting to feel like our once great club has gone from being a competitive force to a bargain basement club who's rifling through op-shops trying to pick up bargains.
A few bargains are essential in any team but after losing Watmough, Stewart, Foran, and Cherry-Evans, surely the club can afford to bring a couple of top shelf 1st graders to the club.

I understand we are supposed to be patient but I still have this bad feeling the club is going to go for bargain basement (tail end of their career players) or supposed rising talent.. Joe Kelly we need a few hard nosed, quality players or next year we will still be in the same position.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6