Elgey's worth ......... Don't pay overs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes the kid can play. However what is his real worth ?

Manly mustn't be forced into desperation and pay something like $700k for him. Let's put it into perspective. If he starts to really brain them and GC surge into the finals his stocks will rise. He'll be looking at DCE on $1.2 mil and saying hmmm, I'm at least worth $800k at this point of my career, and the GC would be hard up keeping them both. Additionally, he more than likely be overshadowed by DCE in terms of star quality/media etc.

At the end of the day I sincerely hope the relative calm around Elgey ATM will eventuate in Manly announcing his signing, however let's not get carried away with his worth yet . The club has a great record of signing astutely.

I would say ATM $375k p.a is fair recompense for his services. This is based on current form, age, potential.
Personally I don't think anybody will pay close to $700k for him, and I don't think he would see himself at $800k. Maloney is only offered $450k from the Roosters and he has won a premiership. The most we would pay is $400k otherwise we are kidding ourselves.

Stay positive all you faithful supporters. Some big news on the way. Don't get caught up in the hype nobody wants to play here. That is a myth-call it transitioning.
LG will be on a contract with huge incentives based on performance. We won't be paying overs
Just confidence, or do you have some BBQ tangy sauce?

He is looking the goods so far today. He is worth more to us than he is to other teams, because we don't have a halfback for next year.

He is going to be a great player, watching him against the Warriors today i think his price has gone up. We need to chuck the kitchen sink at him tbh. Edit: There he goes with another try assist.

Last edited:
Lol.
This kids price goes up every week, and his manager will know it too.

Its gonna take more than that I think.
450k would be cheap in the current conditions

We don't have a choice we will have to pay overs regardless of it bring Elgey or some other half. It's the classic fire sale scenario. And every half we approach knows it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4