Ex Ballboy has pivotal role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
Ask Mata's about KPIs, he seems to be wedded to them.  They're about as relevant as 'change agent', 'outcomes', 'time and motion management', and all the other bullS**te business terms that have come and gone with time.  Hasler should be given a three year contract, one to get us back to back and then two to rebuild for another run at a premiership in 2012.

Grant also obviously thinks that a 3 year business plan is something that you wipe you arse with.  Has anyone ever acheived what they set out to do in a business plan? 

Mayer has the runs on the board and his performance has been excellent.  End of story.

I think the lesson out of all of this relates to Murphy's Golden rule:

"Whoever has the gold, makes the rules!!"

No matter how good Mayer is, it seems he did not work closely enough with Max or the Football Club. KPIs etc are just the excuse to get rid of him.

Irony is that he may have been making the cold hard decisions etc for the good of the club instead of sucking up to those in the power, and he gets shafted!!!

'May have been' Canteen.  Nobody on this blog seems to know just what happened.  Speculation rules.  I don't really give a ****e about Mayer, it's Des's psychi I'm now worried about.  Will he have his head on to get us the second GF?  My bet is yes. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179216.msg207634#msg207634 date=1235095989]
Dean bagged Delmege badly for his intervention in the Monasgate affair. 

Deans voting against mayer and Peters sounds like payback to Delmage.

[/quote]  Funny to think he was scathing of Delmege for interfering in the affairs of football club management.  Perhaps he should practice what he preached.

Did he actually achieve anything as marketing manager?  Mayer is showing him up big time and has secured two substantial sponsors for Manly so what more do the board want.  A ****en 3 year business plan to shove in a folder?

The easy way to have an opinion that counts is to be a football club member, then and only then will your opinion actually be of value.

$25.00 a year does not sound a lot of money to me to ensure that you are able to at least have a say in the manner in which the football club is run and who represents the interests of members.

Corso_Pete link said:
The easy way to have an opinion that counts is to be a football club member, then and only then will your opinion actually be of value.

$25.00 a year does not sound a lot of money to me to ensure that you are able to at least have a say in the manner in which the football club is run and who represents the interests of members.
I seriously have my doubts. Let me know how that works Pete. From where I sit the important decisions seem to be made without consultation. When it comes time for elections do you receive any material from candidates explaining their vision or plans? I was a member for years and saw nothing. Call me a cynic, but it would be one of the worst uses of $25 I can think of.

I laughed as yesterday I received a letter from the football club reminding me that I have not renewed my $25 membership of the football club, and urging me to renew!!!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Dean should hand back the premiership ring straight away, he does not deserve to have one
Apart from if he deserves one or not why would you want one if you did not win one.

Imagine his grandchildren asking "hey poppa whats that ring for?" -  "well I got for Manly's premiership win in 2008" - "oh really what position did you play poppa?" - "well I didn't actually play but I drank a **** load of Crown Lager in a corporate box" - "oh, thats nice poppa"      

Canteen Worker link said:
I laughed as yesterday I received a letter from the football club reminding me that I have not renewed my $25 membership of the football club, and urging me to renew!!!
didnt get mine doubt i will, i wouldnt be surprised if mine gets refused after the way i have sprayed Rielly, Dean and sibraa

ManlyBacker link said:
I seriously have my doubts. Let me know how that works Pete. From where I sit the important decisions seem to be made without consultation. When it comes time for elections do you receive any material from candidates explaining their vision or plans? I was a member for years and saw nothing. Call me a cynic, but it would be one of the worst uses of $25 I can think of.

As seen by last weeks fiasco the minority shareholder (the football club) actually controlled the vote, whether they did right thing or not is irrelevant in this topic. As long as my arse is still pointing to the ground and not in it my membership of the FC is important, it gives me the opportunity, should I choose to stand for election, or more importantly vote for the person(s) that I think will do the best job.

I agree with you in the fact that the FC is very much a closed shop, but is that because the majority (myself included) were just too comfortable with not only the on field successes in the past few years but also what seemed to be a steadily improving financial situation for MWSE to get more involved, ask the difficult questions at the AGM, agitate for information on what the elected officials stand for.

Private ownership has bought with it many challenges that we and most NRL sides have never before faced, we all love Manly and I doubt that there is one person one this forum that would ever want many to relocate etc. The biggest problem as I see it is with such a low membership base, I believe now less than 1000 & still shrinking the possibility of a "gerrymander" would not be beyond the realms of possibility sometime in the future.

We all know that Delmege is faced with some financial pressures and who is to say that something similar could not happen to the Penns'. I know that is may seem unlikely, but not impossible. I will keep my right to vote, you may never know when you need it.

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179216.msg207698#msg207698 date=1235168900]

As seen by last weeks fiasco the minority shareholder (the football club) actually controlled the vote, whether they did right thing or not is irrelevant in this topic. As long as my arse is still pointing to the ground and not in it my membership of the FC is important, it gives me the opportunity, should I choose to stand for election, or more importantly vote for the person(s) that I think will do the best job.

I agree with you in the fact that the FC is very much a closed shop, but is that because the majority (myself included) were just too comfortable with not only the on field successes in the past few years but also what seemed to be a steadily improving financial situation for MWSE to get more involved, ask the difficult questions at the AGM, agitate for information on what the elected officials stand for.

Private ownership has bought with it many challenges that we and most NRL sides have never before faced, we all love Manly and I doubt that there is one person one this forum that would ever want many to relocate etc. The biggest problem as I see it is with such a low membership base, I believe now less than 1000 & still shrinking the possibility of a "gerrymander" would not be beyond the realms of possibility sometime in the future.

We all know that Delmege is faced with some financial pressures and who is to say that something similar could not happen to the Penns'. I know that is may seem unlikely, but not impossible. I will keep my right to vote, you may never know when you need it.
[/quote]
you makes some good points pete
* i think the industry penns in will be more immune to the current econmic environment for the mere fact we are hearing all the time about the obesity problem in this country and the fact the biggest loser is rating its arse off, the flow on effect to the biggest loser club would be rather nice. Thats not taking a person shot at Max i just wouldnt want to be in any sort of real estate if things get as bad as they say.
* It would be very interest to see if Zorba gets the sack if he runs  a rival ticket because if anyone would have the numbers to oust the current 3 stooges it would be someone like Peter who has the backing of the likes Arthurson and fulton.

Corso_Pete link said:
We all know that Delmege is faced with some financial pressures
 Interesting comment.  It's not been reported and I wouldn't have thought that we all "know" Delmege has financial pressures, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Penn's Biggest Loser Club is one of those businesses that stands to benefit from the recession.  It's at the leading edge of technology and will probably see a big influx of membership from people who could previously afford a personal trainer but are now seeking cheaper options.

And Cliffy and I are doing our bit to keep them solvent.

Poor choice of words by me, it was only an assumption and I withdraw that statement. 

My comments regarding the Penns' is not so much the immediate future but more the longer term. No one knows what will happen in the future to any business. 15-20 years ago who would have guessed that Pizza Huts dominance of their market would be ever be seriously challenged let alone overtaken and then left languishing?

The future of the Manly is not only about the next 10 years, but for the next 60 years and hopefully longer. Private ownership will never be able to guarantee that, the football club can.

I am pleased that you guys are passionate about being involved with the FC. One day down the track it will be folks like you that fix the crazy situation we are now seeing. As Cliffy says, it will be a few years away. I am torn between wanting what is best for Manly and knowing that a group is putting every obstacle out there to ensure that no changes take place and just how much energy I have left to bang my head against a wall.

As for successful business models I predict that the Biggest Loser Club is about where any investor's funds are going to finish up. IMO you can type all you like into a keyboard but the secret to losing weight, getting fit and staying that way can only be accomplished by a commitment to attending classes, either 1-on-1 or in a group. No web site will provide that. As a planner, advice and part motivational tool it offers something but I have my doubts on how big a business it will become.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4