'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
First time I heard Emma Lawrence on the radio the other night. Blokes were banging on about her 'messy' car (on insta). Thought she handled it really well and also has a great radio voice.

A Story today...

Terrifying moment for Aussie reporter during live TV cross​

A cheeky NRL star had the last laugh over a Channel 9 reporter when he left her absolutely terrified during a cross on live TV.

If only opponents were as scared of the Bulldogs as this unsuspecting journalist.

Canterbury centre Brent Naden frightened Channel 9 NRL reporter Emma Lawrence to death during a live TV cross when he snuck up behind her at the airport, leaned close to her ear and made a noise.

Lawrence was terrified as she turned around, before relief swept over her and she managed a smile.

Thankfully for viewers, she did well to hold her tongue amid the shock so no bleeping was required.

Lawrence posted a clip of the incident on her Instagram account with the caption: “Heart rate still coming down (laughing emoji).”

Bulldogs directors losing patience with struggling Barrett​

Danny Weidler

Danny Weidler

Sport columnist
May 15, 2022 — 5.30am

Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould has been very public in his backing of Trent Barrett but has a new challenge on his hands with the brittle Canterbury board splintering when it comes to the coach.
It was always going to be tough for the loser of the wooden spoon clash at Magic Round on Friday night against the Knights; Bulldogs fans have turned on the club, and the board listens to what their fans are saying.

The club is sitting at the bottom of the table and is showing nothing in attack, an area of the game where Barrett is supposed to excel. Barrett has barely won a game in his time at the Bulldogs, and no club or board can tolerate that. His record makes for dismal reading: three wins from 24 starts last year and two from 10 this campaign for just five victories in 34 games in all (15 per cent).
Gould will continue to support Barrett and won’t sack him.

The loss to Newcastle has rattled the coach, and the season is already taking its toll on him.
What’s worse for the coach is that he has overseen the majority of the recruits who are at the club.
I’ve asked Gould on numerous occasions about the Barrett strategy and he has backed him strongly. However, Dean Pay was shown the door with a far better record (19 wins from 57 starts), and this board doesn’t appear to be on the same page as the coach.

Embattled Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.

There are obvious contenders to replace Barrett, but it’s going to take whoever is in charge at least another 18 months of pain before the Bulldogs will see the light.

Big-name recruits Viliame Kikau and Reed Mahoney will arrive next year and Kikau has a strong connection with Barrett from their time at the Panthers. The club could also bring in fresh support for Barrett, but he already has the best coaching mind in the game at the club in Gould. While “Gus” has no desire to coach, that may be the best solution in terms of support for the coach.

Gus is obviously getting the narrative out there… it will be the board, and not Gus, who sacks Barrett… Gus will publicly do all he can to save him….
Yep,especially when it’s a Fairfax/CH9 Media journo releasing the story.Weidler wouldn’t want to be tip toeing around the corridors of CH9 if Gould had nothing to do with it

Gus is obviously getting the narrative out there… it will be the board, and not Gus, who sacks Barrett… Gus will publicly do all he can to save him….
Agree as otherwise Gus would have to admit he was wrong recommending him to the Bulldogs and his ego would never let that happen.

Agree as otherwise Gus would have to admit he was wrong recommending him to the Bulldogs and his ego would never let that happen.
I Don't think Gus actually recommended Barrett to the dogs, I think he advised Barrett not to take the job ?
I could be wrong.

I know we played bad on weekend but the game between the dogs and the knights was NSW cup level. Newcastle were awful and demonstrated why they had lost so many in a row. The dogs were just woeful now ticker whatsoever. This was a game TBaz needed to win. Gus can not save him now.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10