'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
To counter measure all of this, you know who WOULD be a perfect coach for them (and it pains me to say this) - Geoff Toovey. They have the players now, what they need is the rocket, and Tooves embodies that.

I literally don't think I could cop Tooves coaching The Dogs :(

To counter measure all of this, you know who WOULD be a perfect coach for them (and it pains me to say this) - Geoff Toovey. They have the players now, what they need is the rocket, and Tooves embodies that.

I literally don't think I could cop Tooves coaching The Dogs :(

They need a coach with excellent coaching skills to make the individuals better players.
Something Toovey was not as good as he should have been when he coached Manly.

Worst coach I’ve ever seen.

He got rid of hynes, Hastings and gutho when he was in charge of us. He had both turbos Dce api fainu afb Marty in his prime, walker , Siro Joel Thompson, brian Kelly and we were bottom 4 or almost winning the spoon. He should have had us competing for the gf every year with that roster. We are still recovering from the damage he caused our club.
Was Peta Hiku another one let go on Trent's watch? Always loved the way he played for us and am happy he's in good form for the Cows.

Was Peta Hiku another one let go on Trent's watch? Always loved the way he played for us and am happy he's in good form for the Cows.

In November 2015, he was told by Manly's new incoming coach Trent Barrett that he was free to look for another club.

Penrith signed him.

So yes, another excellent player let go by Twent.

How come the salary cap was so screwed when poor Dean Pay was coaching, only to be a blank cheque when Twent joined as coach?

Pay's coach results were light years better with a worse roster.

The board really should be sacking themselves as well as Twent.
There are so many parallels between Trent’s stints at Manly and the Dogs.

In both cases a club legend coached the club through a salary cap mess that Des left behind.

Then Trent comes in with a blank cheque.

Then Trent does far worse than the club legend he replaced, and shows the fans just what lows their club is capable of.

If Des gets sacked at Manly and ends up back at the Dogs I really will be worried I am stuck in a time warp…

Why is there such a lack of upcoming first grade coaches? (Also hahahahahahahahahab)
Because the younger generation of coaches are not being nurtured through - is it ego? Why do so many come through Melbourne, I suspect despite the fact I despise him Bellamy is actually progressive and looks to develop his team...keep some lose some but stay ahead (more comments n him later)

I am pleased to see Monaghan in our box - he is a connection to the next generation. A coach is a man manager, a come with me guy. There are some coaches that defy age, but a fair review says they are few and far between - Belamy is either an outlier or beneficiary of a flexible salary cap.

The fact that the Panthers are crushing it, speaks as much to the fact they have a killer roster, but also that their coach understands his team as a group because they are the same generation as his son. He knows how to lead, to mould and relate to them - its easier with understanding generational change.

I don't believe coaches of the tenure of Hasler and Bennet are redundant, they just need to spend more time developing the next generation of coach (that was previously Toovey in our case - sadly done over). The younger guys are more familiar with how to get through to their team, it is borne out through day to day experience with their own family.

The Gould/Sheens model is good in my eyes, old coaching heads passing on experience without running the team - just need a way to mitigate the ego, and think generationally to make these old heads redundant in their current position as an example and to explain

I think that this may take a generation to embed and we will use Robinson as the example. My belief is coaches like him pulls back from day to day to mentor one of their younger coaches Morris..for example so there is a clean transition or option for the club. (originally thought Ryles but age makes argument redundant)

Why did I use Robinson as an example? he is my age as opposed to Des who is of the next generation. My generation has raised the generation playing now - or been senior peers to them. Just as we did when playing junior sport we were coached by parents and listened to them - they understood us and we responded to them - there is a point when communication can break down between generations, it becomes harder to understand and communicate. I could go on but

rant over

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10