Exemptions granted for roster deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
NRL.com

All 16 clubs have to submit a 29-man roster to the NRL on Thursday, however some teams, like Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and the Wests Tigers, have been given an exemption.

The final 30-man squad has to be filed by June 30, but as of Thursday a minimum of 29 players has to be submitted.

However, the Tigers are still contributing to part of Curtis Sironen's contract at the Sea Eagles, while Manly are also paying for the now-retired Nate Myles, and will both only submit 28 current players as a result of having a departed player on the books in 2018.

As a result of the sudden change to the rules, leniency will be given this year to those clubs who are paying for players at other clubs.

One can technically assume for 3 years we are paying a prop that never really played for us...

I was under the impression that Manly had to pay part of Nate"s contract for the rest of last season after he left and the Storm the rest , then it was not Manly "s responsibility . Surely his previous contract value of 500 K has now been down graded and if Manly are still contributing , it is on the much lower scale and in the Storm"s case too . Still surprised that Manly are still paying part of his freight when the medical retirement provision should have really kicked in by now .

I was under the impression that Manly had to pay part of Nate"s contract for the rest of last season after he left and the Storm the rest , then it was not Manly "s responsibility . Surely his previous contract value of 500 K has now been down graded and if Manly are still contributing , it is on the much lower scale and in the Storm"s case too . Still surprised that Manly are still paying part of his freight when the medical retirement provision should have really kicked in by now .

Medical retirements only apply to favourite clubs, we aren’t one of those.

This is nothing but a ****ing joke, paying people to sit on the sidelines for two years now!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8