Expectations for today....what's acceptable?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Killer03

Bencher
Ok we've had 2 tough weeks, and like others I think some of our wins a couple of weeks before that were just papering over some cracks.

So today what is acceptable? Sure some people will say a 'win end of story' and I understand that, but others (like me) will be a little more prepared to accept an increase in defensive effort.

For me it's all about defence today. If we can show an increase in defence today (which equates to attitude) I'll be happy. We need to stand up today and go all out and it all starts with effort in defence.

An increase in effort will then translate to an ability to come home hard inthe final 4 games.

Having said that I can see us rolling the roosters today. Man for man they have the best team in the Comp, but they aren't ruthless like the storm, they always give you a chance....so let's take it.

I think just an improved effort is all I am seeking. Give us something to show that if we do make the finals we'll be something other than cannon fodder.

Our performance the last two weeks has been poor, injuries or no injuries, that sort of form doesn't warrant top 8 status. At our best this year we looked committed, cohesive and dominant - capable of beating any team. Not sure where that went to be honest.

Ok we've had 2 tough weeks, and like others I think some of our wins a couple of weeks before that were just papering over some cracks.

So today what is acceptable? Sure some people will say a 'win end of story' and I understand that, but others (like me) will be a little more prepared to accept an increase in defensive effort.

For me it's all about defence today. If we can show an increase in defence today (which equates to attitude) I'll be happy. We need to stand up today and go all out and it all starts with effort in defence.

An increase in effort will then translate to an ability to come home hard inthe final 4 games.

Having said that I can see us rolling the roosters today. Man for man they have the best team in the Comp, but they aren't ruthless like the storm, they always give you a chance....so let's take it.
Man for man best team in the comp??? Sorry mate have to disagree with you there! I don't think there is really a standout 'man to man best team'......most teams are on par, it's the way they gel & play as a team. Just to name a few.....I'd have Tom T, Walker, Uate, Green, DCE, Taupau, Api, Sironen, Jake T over Watson, Manu, Ferguson, Keary, Pearce, Napa, Radley, Aubusson, Lui....EVERYDAY / ANYDAY!!

I am tipping Manly today and I am confident so for me personally, I think anything less than a win will disappoint me. However, if they compete, I think it's acceptable when you consider that even at our best, a side like the Roosters are good enough to have a say in the result regardless.

13+

Why?
1. It's time
2. Barrett is a smart rookie and would have learned a lot from Bellamy.
3. Distraction free week (no throwns or brown paper bags accusations).

I'm bettin' on it.

Yep, we do have a team that is capable of running riot on any given day if their defence is top notch and the refs play fairly. Bring it on!

Yes, defence main issue, keep them to or below 12 points and I'll be happy, win and I'll be ecstatic. Huge game this, confident we'll get the win. The boys need to show us they will play all out for eachover, they've gotta start putting their bodies on the line for eachover.

The only thing acceptable today is for us to score 50+ points and the Roosters remain scoreless. I dreamt it last night, but there again I did drink a bit last night.

Last edited:
While a loss won't be the end of the world just yet, today is September come early for mine and I expect the team to play that way. An 80 minute performance, defending as a team and showing there is structure in the attack. Every prop needs to pass 100m mark and whoever takes on #1 prop role over 150m. No silly penalties and no letting the roosters big men niggle away which they will do. 2 and 3 in every tackle stopping offloads while the rest of the D sets smart to not leave holes. If serious about being there in the mix and not just making up the numbers in the finals, today is a perfect chance to show what they've got and an opportunity to leave the battle for 8th spot to those other teams, and not be part of that battle playing desperate footy in weeks to come.
Heart says the team will stand up.
Head not so sure (lucky there's still a few hours for Sir Jack Daniels to bring the head in line with heart)

Need to shut down the offloads. Each big loss we've had this year was when the opposing team offloaded at will.

If some peoples expectations are a 13+ win I think there are going to be some very upset people after this game. A decent improvement is what I'm looking for, to win would be great but we are playing a pretty decent team. Another flogging would be unacceptable thats for sure.

I expect all the fans to get to the game and cheer loudly for 80 mins.

Then, the fans have put in and the players shall as well.

!

The roosters are way down in 2nd so have been easy beats all season so no reason to think today will be any different.

Should be 52 - 3 with the roosters 3 points coming from field goals

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8