External Salary Cap Audit all Clubs, Manly first

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Breaking news - just days before the NRL was due to conduct a salary cap audit theives have today broken into the office of the canterbury bulldogs and have stolen all computers, laptops and servers.

The theives were described as of middle eastern origin

manlywarringah said:
TerryRandall said:
I may be missing something, but it reads to me like manly get no notice, but all other clubs are on notice and have time to hide or destroy anything which may be incriminating. Hardly seems fair.

Exactly what i was thinking.

How many clubs will get their computers professionally "cleaned"? Is that possibly to do and hide incriminating material?

Seems the NRL didn't want to give us the same notice.:dodgy:

Does not bother me, we had nothing to hide

The Eagle said:
manlywarringah said:
TerryRandall said:
I may be missing something, but it reads to me like manly get no notice, but all other clubs are on notice and have time to hide or destroy anything which may be incriminating. Hardly seems fair.

How many clubs will get their computers professionally "cleaned"? Is that possibly to do and hide incriminating material?

What you have replied with, I agree with but I think that you have also missed the point that the all other clubs are on notice and have been given time to hide or destroy anything which may be incriminating.

In my opinion, what the ARLC or NRL (whatever they want to call themselves) should have done is to keep their intended independent audits to themselves and then conduct simultaneous audits on all clubs at the same time to prevent any hiding of possible illegalities.

Jethro said:
The Eagle said:
manlywarringah said:
TerryRandall said:

What you have replied with, I agree with but I think that you have also missed the point that the all other clubs are on notice and have been given time to hide or destroy anything which may be incriminating.

In my opinion, what the ARLC or NRL (whatever they want to call themselves) should have done is to keep their intended independent audits to themselves and then conduct simultaneous audits on all clubs at the same time to prevent any hiding of possible illegalities.

This is what i meant. I feel confident we are ok but other clubs seem to have time to "clean up" if in fact clubs didn't know their computers would be seized.

The bulldogs were supposed to have to let go up to 10 players this year to fit under the cap. They released 5 or so players but signed up 2 internationals during the year and trex on a big money deal for next. They are the ones who would be stretching it in my opinion.

Darren said:
I'm not that nieve to think that every club is squeky clean. Let's hope we haven't gone over. Losing a million and a fine means a bad year.

Is that Steve nieve from Elvis costello's band you're referring to?

Shoe1 said:
Darren said:
I'm not that nieve to think that every club is squeky clean. Let's hope we haven't gone over. Losing a million and a fine means a bad year.

Is that Steve nieve from Elvis costello's band you're referring to?

I think he meant Steve Naive from Elvis Presey's band.;)

tookey said:
Breaking news - just days before the NRL was due to conduct a salary cap audit theives have today broken into the office of the canterbury bulldogs and have stolen all computers, laptops and servers.

The theives were described as of middle eastern origin

Not quite...

The thieves were described as a bald man with a head that looked like a penis and a dishevelled man with long hair who walked like he had been run over by a bus.

HappilyManly said:
Great for Manly to be at the forefront of accountability in their back office management.:angel:

Lately the AFL have shown that their tanking and third party deals caper is not so far removed from the Storm and Dogs cap shananigans.

"We had no idea they can do something like this. We'd like to know exactly how the information can be used before they go any further."
Is this paranoia or guilt speaking :D

Ha ! Someone sounds worried.

In the post-Storm Scandal era, anyone using email to carry on dodgy contract discussions should be drummed out of the White Collar Crime Association for bringing an otherwise noble profession into disrepute by virtue of their rank stupidity.

Having said that, it was only fair to tip off some of those clubs known to be saddled with particularly 'dull' officials.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7