Failures or successes; Sea Eagles @ other clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185691.msg301133#msg301133 date=1286318215]

JWH has way too much aggression in his game, i can see him getting wiped from it before his time is through if he doesn't learn to control it more

I was going to write exactly the same thing.
[/quote]
His aggression is one of his chief strengths. He is only young, he can learn that he doesn't have to go over the top to be tough & intimidating.

When the dragons signed Costigan Weyman & Smith 2 years ago I posted on mwse that they would be a major premiership threat (almost everyone howled me down at the time!) JWH might have a short career but he will be in high demand for the duration of it.

Shane link said:
Lol reminds me how many failures we have had in 5/8

Bailey
f**kWitt
Numourous others
since the great Cliffy

That reminds me of another....Handbag Harris

IMO most players that manly has let go have done **** all at the new club they have joined. The only two that i can think of that have gone on and done better things have been JWH and Robson.
Sam Harris could have been anything, way to lazy.
Bringing back some old names, Gary Winter, Tesa Leavea, Grant Wooden, Mark Shipway. Where are they now?

ayjay007 link said:
We all dream of a team of Monaghans!

dreams and nightmares are 2 different things.

Can you imagine 17 blokes running around with all of them thinking they are and wanting to be captain and playmaker, my god

Unfortunately for JWH he was born 20 years too late. Imagine him in a forward pack with the likes of Blocker, Geyer, Davidson,Kelly and Siro. Unless Smith knocks the rough edges off him and sanitizes his play, he'll be Gallops new whipping boy.

For JWH there is a difference in making huge hits that stun an opposition attacker and dropping the elbow into a head or ribs while they lie on the ground. That is cowardise in my oipinion. His career will be as long as he plays it straight. If he keeps up the rubbish then it will be short and I will be happy with that. Personally he has shown enough that deep down you know we let a good one go. The rest is up to him.

wombatgc link said:
Unfortunately for JWH he was born 20 years too late. Imagine him in a forward pack with the likes of Blocker, Geyer, Davidson,Kelly and Siro. Unless Smith knocks the rough edges off him and sanitizes his play, he'll be Gallops new whipping boy.

TBH I think he has been coached to be like this. There may be some defensive weaknesses about him, which is why Smith may be coaching him to put on the big hits and have people running away from him. Who knows?

Every team needs a "hard man".

As you say Dan it may well be a Smith ploy for him to be that guy at the rooters,

Although also likely is that they are a pack of dog shot merchants.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185691.msg301200#msg301200 date=1286345675]
Lol reminds me how many failures we have had in 5/8

Bailey
f**kWitt
Numourous others
since the great Cliffy

That reminds me of another....Handbag Harris
[/quote]

Adam Hayden
Adam Brown

Lyon_Roars link said:
Bringing back some old names, Gary Winter, Tesa Leavea, Grant Wooden, Mark Shipway. Where are they now?

I have no idea what happened to Winter, Wooden played a few matches for Newcastle I think, and has had great success in the country, Lavea played for Auckland in the Super 14 but suffered a lot of injury problems, and Shipway played 2 seasons for Salford and then retired.

And Witt wasn't a failure at the Warriors.

i dont reckon ian roberts went to well after leaving us but he did have a bung knee, owen cunnigham was nothing great when he went  but he came.. back anthony collela  didnt do much either,, i think ivan cleary was successful though, jack elsegood didnt go as well after leaving us..
one guy who didnt get a real good go with us but when he played he went good everytime was chris ryan, i thought he was ok..

I think the biggest fall from grace of anyone who played for us after leaving was Matthew Ridge

He was an outstanding fullback when he played for us, and his goal kicking was all class, however when he went to the Warriors he just seemed to not care anymore and went from great to nothing.

true dan ridgey was one of my favourites.  was sad when he left us.. SUPER LEAGUE  ruined everything ..

1.Matthew Ridge - to Warriors
2.Micheal Bani - to Cowboys
3.Ashley Alberts - signed by Manly as a future star
4.David Valeki - big return to NRL ha ha
5.Steve Gearin - from Dragons
5.Andrew Frew - terrible winger but played 1st grade
6.Jye Mullane - no need to say anything
6.Tessa Lavea - as above
6.Mitchell Cox - never showed anything at Manly
7.Adam Brown - he tried hard at Manly
8.Adam Cuthbertson - went to Sharks to play more game time (at Park Footy)
9.Luke Dorn - no need to say anything
10.Ian Donnelly - waste of space at Manly
11.Ian Barkley - biggest signing from the Roosters in the early 80's and FAILED
12.Andy Goodway - biggest signing from the England in the early 80's and FAILED
13.Gary Winter

I remember arguing how good David Vaeliki was before he got here with Doug. Steal of the season I thought.

Dead set, Manly should pay me to become the recruitment officer for The Slime. They'd ride the basement for years ! :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8