Failures or successes; Sea Eagles @ other clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
I think the biggest fall from grace of anyone who played for us after leaving was Matthew Ridge

Ron Gibbs and Dale Shearer both went baclwards big time upon leaving us

Ridge's form wasn't woeful for the Warriors, it was more the fact he was injured so often and the judiciary put a target on his back that limited how effective he could have been for them

Ryan, Vaealiki was a good player back in his day, but the bad knee injury he had took nearly everything away from his game

Kevin McGuinness was another disaster from memory, didn't we sign him for 3 seasons and off loaded him after just 1.

manlyborn link said:
Kevin McGuinness was another disaster from memory, didn't we sign him for 3 seasons and off loaded him after just 1.

Yep, I was very, very happy when we signed him, he dominated in the 7s pre season but didn't do a lot for us

Ryan link said:
I remember arguing how good David Vaeliki was before he got here with Doug. Steal of the season I thought.

Dead set, Manly should pay me to become the recruitment officer for The Slime. They'd ride the basement for years ! :)
ryan your not the only one, i thought we got a bargain when i heard he came over with lyon..i liked his style of play when he was with parra.. 

whispers...  i`d still have him over bailey ::)

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185691.msg301566#msg301566 date=1286498896]
I remember arguing how good David Vaeliki was before he got here with Doug. Steal of the season I thought.

Dead set, Manly should pay me to become the recruitment officer for The Slime. They'd ride the basement for years ! :)
ryan your not the only one, i thought we got a bargain when i heard he came over with lyon..i liked his style of play when he was with parra.. 

[/quote]

I'd have Luke Dorn over Bailey atleast he looks like a half

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185691.msg301631#msg301631 date=1286525021]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185691.msg301566#msg301566 date=1286498896]

[/quote]

I'd have Luke Dorn over Bailey atleast he looks like a half
[/quote]

****, I'd have the goat standing there grazing in the middle of the paddock than Bailey. At least my expectations would be met.

Nah, seriously though, the reason I reckon we are hard on him, is that we see his potential, and it is just not being met too be honest - poor bloke.

LOL - I thought he was Terry Campesiesque at one stage.

cmon, what about Craig Innes!! The superstar centre we had. Literally went from best left sided centre in the world to union (got injured early) and never came back!! He was absolutely dynamic for us

Three biggest disappointments in the game ever for mine:-

1. Nik Kosef's knees;
2. Steve Menzies not attaining the world record;
3. (cough, cough) - Bears insolvency.

Darren link said:
cmon, what about Craig Innes!! The superstar centre we had. Literally went from best left sided centre in the world to union (got injured early) and never came back!! He was absolutely dynamic for us

To be fair he started in Union

Phil Bailey went on to play State of Origin and Test matches after leaving (not sure if he played first grade for Manly or only for Northern Eagles?)

I can't think of anyone else who has achieved that for the first time after leaving us. At this stage JWH might be a one-hit wonder but equally he might go on to be a very influential player.

His absolute enthusiasm and aggression played a huge part in the Roosters revival this year, that kind of attitude is infectious in a club and boosts the whole joint. Hopefully he pisses of to rugby union or France so we don't have to keep fretting about losing him.

Tony Jensen ?
Nathan Tutt ?
Luke Williamson ?
Paul Stephenson ?
Chad Randall ?
Kylie Leuluai ?
Chris Hicks ?
Daniel Heckenberg ?
Scott Donald ?
I remember Des having huge raps on Tony Jensen.  Hicks has been huge in England.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6