Fainu Bros sign with Tigers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Maybe you take my comment a little too seriously.
And just perhaps, those young boys and their family are way more mercenary than Woods and Lodge.
You are right , They are still boys and by them time they become old men then perhaps they may be more mercenary than Woods and Lodge who between them have played for 10 clubs

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Somethings not right. We threw big money at Brooks while Laurie was in NSW Cup. Laurie comes out last night and plays better than I have ever seen Brooks play in the halves. I don't get why we didn't go after Laurie.

Laurie astutely signs with Penrith. Watch him light it up there.

NYEagle
That was a seriously impressive game from Laurie last night. I’ve never rated him at 1 but he may have found his position at 6. Obviously he’d need to prove he can do it consistently and it was against the Dragons of all teams. However, the things he did weren’t ‘flash in the pan’ type plays, they were high percentage ball playing decision making plays. A couple of his 3 on 2s down short sides were sublime and he threw a gorgeous 20m spiral pass to get Talau in space (of which he butchered 😂).

I was super impressed with Laurie’s defence as well. That was a career game for him last night.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Re going to the tigers and why not a bigger club?
Well the tigers have to pay overs to get them there. Why do you think Gus was meeting with them? Goodness of his heart? No - if they have any talent and end up wanting more $ Gus will be there along the roosters and who knows else
The gamble for the brothers is on if they actually improve at the tigers or do not (either way if they are smart with their $ the family is pretty secured)

Re going to the tigers and why not a bigger club?
Well the tigers have to pay overs to get them there. Why do you think Gus was meeting with them? Goodness of his heart? No - if they have any talent and end up wanting more $ Gus will be there along the roosters and who knows else
The gamble for the brothers is on if they actually improve at the tigers or do not (either way if they are smart with their $ the family is pretty secured)
Nah... Only place they could play FG at the tigers!

Just ssyin’

StuBoot

Bencher
Somethings not right. We threw big money at Brooks while Laurie was in NSW Cup. Laurie comes out last night and plays better than I have ever seen Brooks play in the halves. I don't get why we didn't go after Laurie.

NYEagle
Maybe because Laurie had #6 on his back, not #7.
Maybe because Laurie has nothing to lose, he's been playing reggies for most of the year and signing with Penrith the pressure is off....

Have you ever seen Brooks play #6 for the Tigers?
No because he's been expected to carry them for years at 7 not 6.

We currently have a 6 that doesn't run the ball or threaten the line and we go out and get one and it's still not good enough?

Imagine the blow up here if we signed Laurie to play 6!

47MVEagle

Bencher

NYEagle
He’s a Gus Gould pawn, he started at Penrith & I think Gus let him go to the Tigers for a couple more years’ experience & development at someone else’s expense before bringing him back.

Gus wouldn’t shut up last night about how Laurie’s junior highlight reel was THE BEST I SAY THE BEST he’d ever seen.

Last edited:

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Maybe because Laurie had #6 on his back, not #7.
Maybe because Laurie has nothing to lose, he's been playing reggies for most of the year and signing with Penrith the pressure is off....

Have you ever seen Brooks play #6 for the Tigers?
No because he's been expected to carry them for years at 7 not 6.

We currently have a 6 that doesn't run the ball or threaten the line and we go out and get one and it's still not good enough?

Imagine the blow up here if we signed Laurie to play 6!
Also it was one game, which they lost, to the team who were coming second last

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
I can't believe the press isn't all over this .. what ever happend to real investigative journalism..

Blind Freddy can see a pattern here with the whole Fulton/ Tartak crap and what they did at Manly with these and many other "promising" juniors from the western suburbs..

Journos reading this here is a tip

Without prejudice... as this is only my opinion..

How hard would it be for a talent scout and a player manager to get together and pick up a couple of talented 12 year old

Then pump up their talent ..spruking how great these potential NRL superstar are

Using smart media coverage (friendlies) and socials that makes the players look like future world beaters, having inside people within a club push for the club to retain these juniors on future potential and on decent contracts

All along just building false hype to build the players contact values that may actually never amount to real NRL talents..
( a bit like hyping stocks.. and getting people into FOMO mode)

Lots of easy money being pocketed...

And seriously then look at most if not all of those future stars, they leave get new contracts for more hyped up $$ and can't even crack bottom feeder club team sheets or reggies..hmmmm

Facts are out there.
You may want to include the following for accuracies sake.

The twelve year olds then go on to dominate at every junior level for Manly. Samuela plays a few solid games in first grade before being dropped for he whom I shall not name. Both brothers are then selected in the NSW U19 team with Samuela named as captain before Manly cut them loose.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
The 4 who have left are either incarcerated or have yet to play FG at Saints (16th) & Tigers (17th).
This is written in the deceitful hazy style of Phil Rothfield. Allow me to help.

Three of the four young players who are no longer here are yet to debut in first grade, and the one who starred for Manly at nine is presently incarcerated.

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
You may want to include the following for accuracies sake.

The twelve year olds then go on to dominate at every junior level for Manly. Samuela plays a few solid games in first grade before being dropped for he whom I shall not name. Both brothers are then selected in the NSW U19 team with Samuela named as captain before Manly cut them loose.
Sam should be in the FG team. Woods would likely not even make the Tigers FG a team and would be playing NSW cup if playing for any other team.

Last edited:

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
And filling in during Origin or covering injuries in the halves and fullback. Perspective Disco, everything makes more sense with perspective.
Yeah not denying that, of course hell be a fill in when injuries and Origin occur.

I was simply responding to a post suggesting Laurie was somehow a far superior player to Luke Brooks.

Now I'm no huge advocate of Brooks but I disagree and the fact that Laurie is picking up a deal where he us unlikely to make the 17 would tend to back my side of the discussion

47MVEagle

Bencher
This is written in the deceitful hazy style of Phil Rothfield. Allow me to help.

Three of the four young players who are no longer here are yet to debut in first grade, and the one who starred for Manly at nine is presently incarcerated.
Yawn.

You really fancy yourself as a master of grammar, don’t you?

There is nothing deceitful or lazy about what I wrote but there’s plenty indicating a presence of ADHD in your posts.

Pull your head in, dullard.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Yawn.

You really fancy yourself as a master of grammar, don’t you?

There is nothing deceitful or lazy about what I wrote but there’s plenty indicating a presence of ADHD in your posts.

Pull your head in, dullard.
The Devil's in the details mate. Your poor grammar and lazy sentence structure isn't the issue. After all, this is just a public forum and we can all be guilty of that. (Some more than others.) The sloppy summary you provided on the four players is the only reason I reworded that part of your post. It's somewhat misleading when read without context.

It's a little dull, I know.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13