Fainu Bros sign with Tigers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some similarities with Des. He'll start without a long coaching CV but at the club he loves and with a massive and successful NRL playing career behind him.

Not known as a 'tough guy' on field (nor was Des who was very softly spoken and had a nickname of Sorry because he apologised if he hurt an opponent) but clearly someone driven to succeed.

Des copped some massive floggings when he first took over Manly but we all know it was soon an upward trajectory. Benji won't lack young talent, and a GF appearance in about 4 years wouldn't surprise me.
I could be totally wrong and who could possibly know whether he will be a success in the future or not...but since we are making predictions...I think it's going to be an epic fail from Benji. I see more Brad Fittler at the Roosters than Des at Manly. When Benji talks with his Tigers coaching hat on, he speaks all the cliches and comes off as equal parts simple and arrogant; not a good mix.

Like I said, I could be totally wrong and might get it to work. It just feels like he is acting or 'role playing' without actually being an authentic and legitimate coach.

Luai has too many game deficiencies to be a 1.2 mill player. He is closer to josh reynolds than andrew johns. He has a few skills, has some mongrel and plays good footy but the tigers just keep trying to be manly and this type of signing ensures that

to become a contender they are still going to need one of there junior halves on way less coin to take them to-the next level and stay on less coin

luai is a leader but not that type if leader IMO.in saying that i dont see them getting the spoon
It's interesting because I agree that he is not worth 1.2m on ability. But, obviously the Tigers didn't really have a choice because he's not going to leave Penrith for the same deal. It had to be more and they probably do need a circuit breaker purely for the optics alone.

I think he'll be a minor flop and highly doubt he'll play like a 1.2m halfback, but the only way is up for the Tigers and they definitely need something. When you're at the bottom, you have to pay more.

I could be totally wrong and who could possibly know whether he will be a success in the future or not...but since we are making predictions...I think it's going to be an epic fail from Benji. I see more Brad Fittler at the Roosters than Des at Manly. When Benji talks with his Tigers coaching hat on, he speaks all the cliches and comes off as equal parts simple and arrogant; not a good mix.

Like I said, I could be totally wrong and might get it to work. It just feels like he is acting or 'role playing' without actually being an authentic and legitimate coach.
My feeling is that the super-talented guys like Benji don't necessarily make the best coaches.

Things generally came easy to them and that can mean it can be hard and/or frustrating to coach others.

Last edited:
My feeling is that the super-talented guys like Benji don't necessarily make the best coaches.

Things generally came easy to them and that can mean it can be hard and/or frustrating to coach others.
Interesting theory. I can see the logic.

Slater has done alright but maybe anyone could make qld work.

Interesting theory. I can see the logic.

Slater has done alright but maybe anyone could make qld work.
I guess just looking at the NRL coaches that have had the most success in the last 15 years include grafters like Bellamy, Hasler, Robinson.

There is something to hard work and discipline that translates to coaching (obviously need the technical ability as well)

Was Fulton the last superstar that made it as a coach?

Last edited:
All of our premiership winning coaches have have two things in common. They are all ex Manly players and they all won two titles each. Who will be our next dual premiership winning coach?

I guess just looking at the NRL coaches that have had the most success in the last 15 years include grafters like Bellamy, Hasler, Robinson.

There is something to hard work and discipline that translates to coaching (obviously need the technical ability as well)
Anyone could coach the Roosters with the players at their disposal! Otherwise Robinson is an average coach in my opinion. Would do SFA in any of the bottom teams!

Whilst ever Farrah is at the club in any capacity the club will be as good as the Titanic.
He is a coach killer and will not stop till he plays again ie Captain Coach, CEO and everything else he feels worthy off.
He is cancer!

Whilst ever Farrah is at the club in any capacity the club will be as good as the Titanic.
He is a coach killer and will not stop till he plays again ie Captain Coach, CEO and everything else he feels worthy off.
He is cancer!

Why? He seems well regarded at the Tigers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8