Fainu Bros sign with Tigers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Informative, but why would other clubs recruit these players if they we either "too costly to keep" or simply no good?
It seems we are casting off any hope for future success by letting our young talent go. It's not like we have bought any superstars in recent years.
Well, Sione went to Wests because they offered him more than Manly were willing to pay to keep him.

Likewise Tuitavake & Fifita & now Latu & Samuela.

It’s no coincidence the 2 clubs these players went/are going to are basketcases & ripe for being taken advantage of by Tartak.

Schuster's salary would just about pay for the 6 young players (Suli was not mentioned).
And Schuster is an over-hyped dud, compared to any one of these kids.
Remember Schuster’s had about 50 games for you to form that opinion ( which I don’t disagree on ) but it’s really hard to compare that to the Fainu’s with 1 having 1 game and the other never having played even 1 game.

Schuster had huge potential too , and so far it’s failed.

They may well go on to be superstars or complete duds.

Very dissapointing on the back of other questionable decisions, Seibold and Mestrov better get some results sooner than later to justify these bewildering decision to let go of the future and buy the past.
In the meantime a transparent explanation without the BS would be nice from them, though I won't hold my breath waiting for one without the spin.

Live by the sword

I would suggest the owner of this account either retract the post or make it quite clear the comment contained within the post is NOT from the official MWSE twitter account.

Furthermore, the post should also be removed from this site as the post/re-post of the tweet could render the forum participant potentially joint and severally liable with the original publisher as the opinion expressed therein MAYBE considered defamatory to the person named therein.
Post deleted.

Go Manl
I would suggest the owner of this account either retract the post or make it quite clear the comment contained within the post is NOT from the official MWSE twitter account.

Furthermore, the post should also be removed from this site as the post/re-post of the tweet could render the forum participant potentially joint and severally liable with the original publisher as the opinion expressed therein MAYBE considered defamatory to the person named therein.
Post deleted...Sorry for my Error.

Go Manly

Post deleted.

Go Manl

Post deleted...Sorry for my Error.

Go Manly

Go Manly indeed!

I was referring to the original post made on Twitter however, I applaud you for removing your post as well.

Enjoy the remainder of your evening (assuming it is evening where you are 😀).

I hope the club learns from this.

They stood by Manase for years. And the first chance his brothers get to grab a bit of extra coin, they're off like a shot.

As others have said though, it's only potential. And as they say, potential and $5 will get you a cup of coffee.

Unknot your bloody knickers you lot!

Potential is just that. Potential.

We have so many players not performing up to what we expect from our Manly first grade team that to wring your hands over the departure of a couple of young kids who have the potential (there it is again) to do something one day is a complete waste of time.

Rookies do best (especially halves) when they're introduced into an already quality functioning squad (good luck at the Tigers kids) and we don't have that..

In good old Rugby League terms, let's get the basics right first.

And don't get me started on the time and money and angst the club poured into that family. And if they don't see that and don't think it's worth more than a constant push for an upgraded contract, c'est la vie says this old folk.

The only way the rapid clean out of youngsters makes any sense to me ... is if it is part of a plan to build a war chest for a couple of signings to come .

There just has to be a plan .... I can't imagine Mestrov would be going along with it unless there was.

Gee, they don't look very happy about it
Fair enough

run away monty python GIF

Difficult situation with a lot of questions and layers to it.

If the club did in fact want to keep them, would they have remained at Manly on their current salaries if other clubs are happy to offer $500k each?

When will the two brother be $500k players? Neither will be at that point in their careers in 2024, their output may edge closer to that in 2025.

Who would you prefer - Luke Brooks at $650k or Latu at $500k?

Remember Schuster’s had about 50 games for you to form that opinion ( which I don’t disagree on ) but it’s really hard to compare that to the Fainu’s with 1 having 1 game and the other never having played even 1 game.

Schuster had huge potential too , and so far it’s failed.

They may well go on to be superstars or complete duds.
I remember Cooper Johns had plenty of potential too...about 5 years ago.

History shows Schuster not worth $800k, let alone what these 2 are on. Move on.

Plenty of their (soon to be former) Manly team mates sharing the news on their Insta stories tonight.

Well done to them and their family for the outcome

Can not believe that Latu has now had another contract increase based on potential only.

Their manager has ensured their future over the next 4 years. It remains to be seen if that is where it will end for the pair

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8