Farewell for Brett & Steve

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm up for a Steve Matai farewell. Don't care much for the other guy, he retired himself with some of his non performances.

Sometimes i hate myself for thinking it, he is a legend and was so good . He is also a really nice guy but i really do feel the same way after how it ended

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sometimes i hate myself for thinking it, he is a legend and was so good . He is also a really nice guy but i really do feel the same way after how it ended

They provided so much joy and so many great times BUT, the last half dozen games for Brett, and both of them not making a single appearance in 2017 ( at anything) has sadly soured my view of them.

Would I waste my money flying to Sydney for Round 26 to cheer them around Brookvale ( IF it actually happened), I'm loath to say it but no!

heretics both of you. ungrateful heathens he was our best player for a decade pretty much. The midget from game of thrones would be disgusted in your words of treason.
but seriously the 40 nil and 2011 gf was Stewarts best years.. no coincidence there. remember the legend not the last few games.. that's what I do

StuBoot

Bencher
heretics both of you. ungrateful heathens he was our best player for a decade pretty much. The midget from game of thrones would be disgusted in your words of treason.
but seriously the 40 nil and 2011 gf was Stewarts best years.. no coincidence there. remember the legend not the last few games.. that's what I do

Absolutely.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I hope Brett and Steve get a farewell at Brooky but I feel that this ship has sailed. They have moved on and the club has too. Brett was amazing for us, lighting fast at his peak and brave, played with serious injury and was a huge reason for our success. I truly hope he finds peace in retirement cause what he had to endure in his career was horrendous and he will always be a defiant reminder to me of standing up against the betrayal he suffered by the NRL. Steve was without a doubt one of the bravest and toughest players to pull on the maroon and white jersey. A devastating defender who put fear into his opponents and a good link man and finisher as well. We were blessed to have both these guys play for us.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I too remember the wonderful exploits, and yes choose to remember that rather than what transpired last year , or this for that matter.

BUT, I just don't think after what's happened this year that either party are even in the slightest bit interested in a Brookie farewell.

As sad as that may be to most of you.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Yeah i get it, i struggle with it myself . Pretty much said that. But its how i feel.
Not drawing a lne or trying to be ****ty. Its just how i feel.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The guy had to retire early because his body is stuffed, pretty solid reason for his form to be below his best last year, he simply didn't have it left in him. I certainly won't be blacklisting a guy for half a dozen average games at the end of his career after 200+ exceptional games

If he had of immediately retired we wouldn't be having this conversation , it's the aftermath that doesn't sit well with a few of us.

But don't worry, I'll never forget his exploits , some of his tries were just pure magic!

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They both gave us a lot of joy over many years and we have many wonderful memories which will never be forgotten. However, as much as they deserve one, a Brookie farewell now imho would be way too little way too late.

The Indian

Bencher
Sure a farewell lap at Brookie would be a nice day and probably on many levels well deserved...... but it's not a patch on an extra couple of years on $500-600,000 without ever lacing a boot.

I know which I'd prefer...and so do they.

rifraff

Bencher
Will the club instead of rose petals supply the crowd with brown paper bags to throw at their feet as they do their lap of honor..

Loved Matai to death and he was probably my one Manly favourite that wasn't a forward.

And without linking a Sound of Music vid clip.

They were a few of My favourite things

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I think Stewart's form was based firstly on carrying injury...sure his energy was down, but struggling to be a shadow of yourself physically, would no doubt be mentally draining also.
There were obviously some ill feelings behind the scenes that we are best not to judge, without knowing the full scripts, that effected his effort....still had a massive effect on everything good and was more influential than ANY Manly player I have seen...that's since about 1981....
As for Matai - what a warrior....and as someone who likes good old fashioned shots over these WWF wannabes, this bloke will go down in Manly folk law as the biggest hitter of all time...
A send off 100%
Time to stay positive.
To look at these players with a negative feeling is pretty poor form...without them would not have had the recent golden decade and 1000,s of memories...personally gunna hold on to the good ones...these 2 blokes deserve it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12