Farewell to the Greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BoomStickBarbie

Reserve Grader
From rothtool

WE’RE hearing the Manly Sea Eagles won’t be giving the old “Prince of Brookvale” Brett Stewart a home-ground send-off. The NRL, however, has confirmed “Snake” will be invited on grand final evening with other retiring players to be saluted by the crowd at ANZ Stadium.

Nothing said about Matai? Some **** has to have hit the fan with snake.
Did he wanna keep playing this year? Or was it the way Glenn was treated?

**** him

He played that pathetically last year everything he done before it becomes null and void, plus his anti DCE bull**** derailed us for way too long

If Matai wants to be a cry baby too then **** him too

They are the past and I'm grateful for their years of service, but their time has passed

you are playing with us right?

Must be if you think his last year's form makes everything beforehand null and void, but then 'grateful' for the his years of service.

There's got to be some major issue. Otherwise a player of his talent and experience would be put to use in some role at the club this season while he's under contract. Working with turbo etc. At least be sitting in the coaches box or player section on home games.
The year Slater missed with injury he was working with Munster behind the scenes and a noticeable presence around the club.

Disappointing that we will not get to farewell the Prince of Brookvale. He had a stellar career with Manly winning 2 premierships along the way. He was an integral part of the team and deserves to be given a fitting send off in front of his home crowd. Hopefully sometime down the track he will get that change to walk around Brookvale for one last time.

This is sad. Almost as sad as watching Glenn play in the Super League. Truly embarrassing.

There's a competition in serious need of a name change.

Brett & Glenn Stewart, as well as Ashley Alberts came down in their own free time to have a BBQ and play some touch footy in their primes with us fans when we contacted them outside of club protocol.

If the club OR Brett doesn't want to officially co-ordinate a farewell for whatever grievance, maybe a fan organized and paid for function would work?

All things aside, us fans love and adore Brett, Glenn & Steve & I'm sure they appreciate that adoration.

Is this worth investigating, or should I not bother?

Snake seems like a down in the dumps kind of guy now days, which is sad. You don't want that sort of negativity hanging around these young and impressionable guys.

Also wouldn't be good for DCE's psyche to see Snake loitering around.

Barrett probably doesn't want him around, as he white anted the previous coach, a Manly legend no less.

If the bloke had any desire to be a part of manly anymore he woulda been at the club working with turbo and the other young fullbacks...
The fact we are paying him for a year to basically stay as far away from manly as possible goes to show theres a big divide between him and the club...
I dont think hes been happy with manly for a few years, so im not surprised at all

Wish my work would tell me to piss off for a year and pay me. Seriously petulant bullsht carry on from both sides and once again us fans get shafted and not able to farewell 2 club playing legends that gave us enormous enjoyment for a decade. Maybe some people need to be shipped off to see how a large part of the world struggle for daily survival then think of their so called troubles.

Brett & Glenn Stewart, as well as Ashley Alberts came down in their own free time to have a BBQ and play some touch footy in their primes with us fans when we contacted them outside of club protocol.

If the club OR Brett doesn't want to officially co-ordinate a farewell for whatever grievance, maybe a fan organized and paid for function would work?

All things aside, us fans love and adore Brett, Glenn & Steve & I'm sure they appreciate that adoration.

Is this worth investigating, or should I not bother?
Agree ryan should dan not contact the club. Is it possible we can t organise a tribute video. I have to be honest some on here have short memories, so he had one bad season. He along side eadie one of our greatest fullbacks.
From 2005 til 2015 really he was our most influential player he played in 10 finals in a row 4 gfs 2 titles a world club challenge. His passing in opp 20s 2nd to none.
Imo its a disgrace we are not honoring him. I really think someone on behalf of our supporters forum should contact club and for that matter mark byrant.

I don't think he deserves a good send off after the way he carried on. It is sad to see one of my favourite players ending his career like this, but he brought it on himself.
I'd be interested to know just how he carried on, because I saw & heard nothing & there wasn't a single quote in he media where he did.
Please share.

Zorba said on 2KY that they are hoping to have a farewell for snake. Wasn't too sure about skivvy because he lives up north.
His words.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8