Farewell to the Greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The fact that there is not to be a farewell, tells me that this ship has sailed and both Snake and the club have moved on. If you read TBs comments about when he first came to the club, he alluded to the guys who were the team and that the team was split, well I think it's obvious that our turnaround in fortune this year has been about making a clean break from the past and the team this year is playing with freedom.

Snake will always be a club legend and I think he has other things going on in his life now and the farewell for him would be uncomfortable especially if there is friction between him and the club. Sad that the fans are denied a chance to say good bye. Snake is an inspiration out there for standing up for yourself no matter what the cost and I hope he finds happiness in retirement because I think he's a private person and he rightly distrusts the media after what they did to him. I wish him a great retirement and I hope in time he will come back to the club so he can be honored with his brother.

Im guessing he's moved on , busy with his restaurant and other interests. It would be like leaving a job and 12 months later they get you back for a farewell. Care factor zero.
I dont know about that ,playing 1st grade at the top level is quite the achievement and something a player will look back on for the rest of his life.Its definitely not a ho hum run of the mill day job.

I think the first chance you " might" get to see the duo is Golden Eagles day 2018, the 40th anniversary of the 1978 GF, and the 10th anniversary of the 2008 GF.

As to a farewell on round 26, as I've said for most of the year the horse has bolted!

I dont know about that ,playing 1st grade at the top level is quite the achievement and something a player will look back on for the rest of his life.Its definitely not a ho hum run of the mill day job.
You may be right, but life goes on .

Brookie Leagues Club function room (maybe post season).
One TV showing highlights of Bullet
One TV showing highlights of Skivvy
One TV showing highlights of Gift
Have some pretty awesome music playing.

See if you can get Zorba, Des, Bullet, Skivvy and gift & a few others to say a few things (maybe get in some guys like Lyon, Kitey, Ox).

Pay $40-50 bucks a ticket to cover some catering (costs for the players to attend - flights & things - they shouldn't pay ).
Any money left over, is donated & goes to Diabetes research.

Make it a Friday or Saturday night, and if necessary not sponsored by the club, but obviously all invited.

I want a chance to tell these boys how much we loved them and appreciated what they did. True champions, that have added so much value to our lives.

Like I say, I'm happy to attempt to organize.

Snake seems like a down in the dumps kind of guy now days, which is sad. You don't want that sort of negativity hanging around these young and impressionable guys.

Also wouldn't be good for DCE's psyche to see Snake loitering around.

Barrett probably doesn't want him around, as he white anted the previous coach, a Manly legend no less.
It would have been good to have snake around only for the pupose of mentoring tommy turbo

Brookie Leagues Club function room (maybe post season).
One TV showing highlights of Bullet
One TV showing highlights of Skivvy
One TV showing highlights of Gift
Have some pretty awesome music playing.

See if you can get Zorba, Des, Bullet, Skivvy and gift & a few others to say a few things (maybe get in some guys like Lyon, Kitey, Ox).

Pay $40-50 bucks a ticket to cover some catering (costs for the players to attend - flights & things - they shouldn't pay ).
Any money left over, is donated & goes to Diabetes research.

Make it a Friday or Saturday night, and if necessary not sponsored by the club, but obviously all invited.

I want a chance to tell these boys how much we loved them and appreciated what they did. True champions, that have added so much value to our lives.

Like I say, I'm happy to attempt to organize.
I can get an mc to fly over from England if needed.

So, when do you think we'll hear the truth about the season-ending injury saga?
To me it's looking like the club told these two legends not to turn up for season 2017, and then half-heartedly tried to have the NRL provide cap dispensation for "season-ending injuries". Both the club and the NRL have been so coy about the truth that this smacks of a cover-up.
1. Why would the club pay these two players their substantial salaries and not request them to do anything for the money? For example, wouldn't you think both players would be able to mentor some of the players; attend charity functions for club; provide moral-boosting interviews for fan websites; be given warm receptions at Brookvale matches; be available for sign-ceremonies at Fan Days ...
2. Why isn't the club raising a stink about the NRL treatment of the cap dispensation issue if they have a legitimate issue?
3. Why isn't the NRL issuing a reason for the inaction? Simply saying the paperwork is not in order is comical, and reflects poorly on both the club and the NRL.
The way I interpret it is that both Manly and the NRL have agreed to bury the matter. The club has been disadvantaged, but it doesn't appear to be of concern; they just wanted the two out of their 'lives'.

So, when do you think we'll hear the truth about the season-ending injury saga?
To me it's looking like the club told these two legends not to turn up for season 2017, and then half-heartedly tried to have the NRL provide cap dispensation for "season-ending injuries". Both the club and the NRL have been so coy about the truth that this smacks of a cover-up.
1. Why would the club pay these two players their substantial salaries and not request them to do anything for the money? For example, wouldn't you think both players would be able to mentor some of the players; attend charity functions for club; provide moral-boosting interviews for fan websites; be given warm receptions at Brookvale matches; be available for sign-ceremonies at Fan Days ...
2. Why isn't the club raising a stink about the NRL treatment of the cap dispensation issue if they have a legitimate issue?
3. Why isn't the NRL issuing a reason for the inaction? Simply saying the paperwork is not in order is comical, and reflects poorly on both the club and the NRL.
The way I interpret it is that both Manly and the NRL have agreed to bury the matter. The club has been disadvantaged, but it doesn't appear to be of concern; they just wanted the two out of their 'lives'.

I'd suggest that's nailed it.

My observation is that they were probably so disruptive behind the scenes that the club has simply said " we are moving in a new direction, you've earned your final year of money, and this will be paid without prejudice but don't bother turning up in any sense as you are no longer welcome ".

Who actually made that decision and how it was delivered is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
I'd suggest that's nailed it.

My observation is that they were probably so disruptive behind the scenes that the club has simply said " we are moving in a new direction, you've earned your final year of money, and this will be paid without prejudice but don't bother turning up in any sense as you are no no welcome ".

Who actually made that decision and how it was delivered is anyone's guess.

Very sad end to 2 of clubs legends.

Respect goes out to him as a footy player, but where there's smoke there's fire. Not sure snake had the clubs best interests at heart towards the end.

Respect goes out to him as a footy player, but where there's smoke there's fire. Not sure snake had the clubs best interests at heart towards the end.

A snake in the grass, some would say

I'd be interested to know just how he carried on, because I saw & heard nothing & there wasn't a single quote in he media where he did.
Please share.

Watch the highlights of the Parramatta game that was under investigation for match fixing and look at his defence whenever Parramatta scored. That'll give you a taste of it.

snakefarewell.JPG

According to Golden Eagles tweet there will be a Snake farewell at the last home game. Matty Ballin will be there too. No Skivvi though :(

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12