Farewell to the Greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well that's a surprise but if anyone could get it done Boxy is your man!

Forget all the undercurrents, the rumours or whatever you might think and be there to farewell a legend.

Like many I'm unhappy with the way things finished , but that's done, dusted and so let's remember him for all the good things, and you'll have to agree there was plenty!

It's hard to believe the club/Steve can't organise to be at Brookie. This 'moved away' excuse is purile, leaving more conjecture that The TRUTH is out there. Somewhere.

It's hard to believe the club/Steve can't organise to be at Brookie. This 'moved away' excuse is purile, leaving more conjecture that The TRUTH is out there. Somewhere.

Yes you'd imagine they'd fly him back, arrange transfers and overnight him if needed, there's still more to this story than we will possibly ever know.

Well thankyou that we're able to say a proper goodbye to a couple of legends.

Manly Warringah Golden Eagles Association
1 hr ·
DO NOT BELIEVE THE PAPERS... The farewell for Brett Stewart will take place at the last game at Brookvale this year.. Stevie Matai is unable to attend after his recent move away from the Northern Beaches. Matt Ballin will also be there to say thanks to the Brookvale faithful after recently retiring and a rushed exit from the Maroon & White. Get your tickets now... #clublegends #2008 #2011 #doublepremiershipwinners
https://www.facebook.com/goldeneaglesassociation/posts/2006645212902946

Obviously the real story is that Steve can't stand snake and his smarty pants attidude. Especially the way he likes to talk proper and stuff.

It astounds me how so many fans can turn on club legends without really knowing what happened and just making assumptions. IMO, and it's just that, an opinion, I feel Snake's personality/personal happiness was never the same after the trial.
I can also understand if TB wanted to bond the young guys without the older crew around. Completely reasonable.
Without our golden era crew there is no 40-0 or 2011. So glad we had such a gun team.
Looking forward to the rebuild of another era.

Agree 100% @niccipops and Brett has the right to be happy and has 'earnt it'. If that means distancing himself from Rugby League, from MWSE, and focusing on his restaurant, . . . and at the same time this suits TB's rebuilding / team bonding plan, then who is to say that he should be active in the club. Neither party want it.

Its just leaves the fans in a quandary. Both the club and Brett share the responsibility for a farewell to the Brooky faithfull. But the club are in more control of that than former players are.
I hope it can happen.

It astounds me how so many fans can turn on club legends without really knowing what happened and just making assumptions. IMO, and it's just that, an opinion, I feel Snake's personality/personal happiness was never the same after the trial.
I can also understand if TB wanted to bond the young guys without the older crew around. Completely reasonable.
Without our golden era crew there is no 40-0 or 2011. So glad we had such a gun team.
Looking forward to the rebuild of another era.

Exactly

Now we hunt for conspiracy theories about why Matai won't be there. Could be any number of reasons, overseas trip, disabled brothers birthday etc but immediately the worst gets looked for

Exactly

Now we hunt for conspiracy theories about why Matai won't be there. Could be any number of reasons, overseas trip, disabled brothers birthday etc but immediately the worst gets looked for
I disagree. There has been an entire season of dates for Matai/club to set one that wouldn't conflict with Matai's other priorities.
C'mon. If you can't make yourself available for one day over a five month period then both Matai and the club have let we fans down.
We have been robbed of being able to applaud Matai for his great service. No excuse I've heard is strong enough to warrant this shoddy treatment of we fans.

Shoddy treatment of fans ? Really ?

It sucks that the fans won't be able to see him again, and I don't know what the reasons are and probably never will, but Matai owes the fans absolutely nothing, destroying his body for the club for over 10 years is more than enough for the fans, we aren't entitled to any more than he wants to give. Some blokes struggle post footy and just need to be completely removed from the environment. There isn't any promise here that was made to fans that hasn't been stuck to or anything of that nature, so I can't see how there is any shoddy treatment

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12