Favourite player that never played for us.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If I remember that game correctly, i recall being filthy that we simply just didnt kick the ball into touch at the end.

It's really only Manly players that evoke genuine passion so it's difficult to name anybody but I'll say Ellery Hanley.

Skillful tough Pom who well and truly held his own here in Australia and a gentleman to boot.

Brad Clyde and in this era - Blake Austin.

Lived next door to Wombat at Cromer.
You say that like its no big deal! He would've had to of got a restraining order against me!:D

I had a cpl I would've liked, Les Davidson....just an all out hard c@nt.
Hard as it was in the early 80s, I always had a soft spot for Brett Kenny. The only bloke that could get the better of Lewis.

The Brick with Eyes ... Glen Lazarus.

Of the current players, Sam Burgess (without the family baggage)

You say that like its no big deal! He would've had to of got a restraining order against me!:D

Hard as it was in the early 80s, I always had a soft spot for Brett Kenny. The only bloke that could get the better of Lewis.
I think a few more would have gotten the better of Lewis if he had exposed himself more to the Sydney competition, as part of a regular team, rather than an all-star lineup.

There was a story in the paper back in the seventies, which had them looking over the back fence before a game against each other's team. Might have been the preliminary semi-final in 1977.

Pat Gibson, played 30 games for the Sharks in the early 2000's. We're from the same small town and our families are pretty close. He's actually my old man's god son. Nice bloke as well.

Steve Rogers and Brett Kenny from 80's ....always wished we had them at Manly.....great to watch and Amazing players....today's game would like Big Tomoulolo.

Fittler from previous players, Of the current crop have a lot of time for Josh Hodgson, Jesse Bromwich, Taumalolo and Shaun Johnson

You say that like its no big deal! He would've had to of got a restraining order against me!:D.

I used to know him as uncle Bat... good mate of my parents... one Terry Randall lived next door to my grandparents for a while in North Curly too :D

1992, I was at that game and sitting in the front row on about the 20 right where he ran past to score that try. I wanted to jump the fence and make the tackle when i saw him running towards us. I was only about 13 so those thighs would have killed me.
He ruined Snoz's farewell game at brooky!
I was there as well

It was a Friday night match - god the silence when he went over...

I used to know him as uncle Bat... good mate of my parents... one Terry Randall lived next door to my grandparents for a while in North Curly too :D
If Terry Randall had've lived next to my grandparents I would've been locked up for stalking.

Was that o'connor's last game? Steelers won that game so we missed the semis. I was gutted, wishart scored after wrong footing a couple of players.
That was oconnor's last game for manly mate. He was gutted along with the bloke on the other side of the tele.

Do you remember the eruption of laughter on the Hill after that silence....yup...that was me :) hahaha
I was devastated

I remember that the try only levelled up the scores with the kick to win it...from straight infront

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6