Favourite player that never played for us.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe a little unknown but a guy called Keith Outen played for tigers when I was growing up in the halves

Our guy was Alan Thompson and we beat them more times than not

But Keith always tried and put us under pressure & always got the first handshake from our players

Reckon it's the only player from the opposition I actually liked

Johnathan Docking (Sharkies) was another one I enjoyed watching. Always put in.

First fullback I saw wearing headgear consistently.

Loved watching Ricky Stuart and Andrew Johns control the big games - especially in Origin.
Nathan Hindmarsh constantly put the rest of his team to shame in terms of determination and heart.

In the current crop my criteria is 2 fold, quality player and quality person.

1) Luke Lewis. Always liked him, good player quite inspirational and no bs. Would have looked great in manly colour
2) Cooper Cronk. Class act.
3) David Klemmer. A bit in the matai, Watmough mould. The sort of player you hate as an opponent but love In your team. I think he's a bit of a big kid and would thrive at manly.

Mine is Cooper Cronk. Takes a game by the scruff of the neck and owns it. Sublime kicking game he is the complete footballer.

I liked Greg Brentnall from the dogs. Being a VFL convert, he could really get up high under a bomb. His padded forearms looked cool to me as a kid too. Man, I would have coathangered some blokes if I had a set of forearm pads like those.

Chief harrigan. Would have loved spud , chief and cement at manly at the same time, adrian morely would have been handy as well. Oh and peter johnston, man he could smash

Really liked michael speechlys defence as a pivot as well. Mark mcgaw was a fave also

Jason smith , jim dymock and dean pay were manly layers in the wrong uniform as was tigers bruce mcguire and david brooks. For all there success peter ryan was the only bronco d pay 10 cents to see.

Brandy alexander on his day was as good as anyone. Dan stains , steve walters, paul mcgregor were all goodens

He was sitting in the passenger seat of a car one Saturday at the GB Parcel P-U back in '77. He had his war face on display on that occasion too.

Around the same time, just before starting our Thursday night stint, three of us were in the old record bar on the 1st floor (I was umming and aaghing about buying ELO's Out of the Blue album - I think it cost a hefty $10.99 or so), when this big hairy bloke in stubbies and a cigarette in hand walked in.

In complete shock and awe I blurted out '****ing Graham Eadie!' He just gave me a sideways glance and a 'Shut up kid' kind of expression.

The good old days.
A
He was sitting in the passenger seat of a car one Saturday at the GB Parcel P-U back in '77. He had his war face on display on that occasion too.

Around the same time, just before starting our Thursday night stint, three of us were in the old record bar on the 1st floor (I was umming and aaghing about buying ELO's Out of the Blue album - I think it cost a hefty $10.99 or so), when this big hairy bloke in stubbies and a cigarette in hand walked in.

In complete shock and awe I blurted out '****ing Graham Eadie!' He just gave me a sideways glance and a 'Shut up kid' kind of expression.

The good old days.

Out of the Blue by ELO is my favourite guilty pleasure, Terry.

I always admired Artie Beetson, but loved watching Steve Rogers play. In fact most of that Sharks team in the late 70s I admired. Ian Barkley and Billy Hardy I liked as well a decade later even though they briefly played for us. About 15 years ago when I worked in a little north west NSW village called Emmaville, I met Billy Hardy when he came back home. Lovely bloke who had a nice singing voice too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6