Feleti Mateo.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
flying sea eagle said:
susan said:
We need a ball playing forward because we just bought Vave, Tetavano and Mason to add to Starling, Lui and Lawrence(you could probably throw in the elephant man,Jake T and Sao as well) With the exception of Willy none of those guys have thrown a pass since Parra last won the comp.How many crash and barge merchants are needed!

We need a link to a classy backline that can play off intuition and he provides that second phase both before and at the line that no one else really has.Leary has a nice step and pass but plays wide on the fringes, as Red and Buhrer will.Mateo can cause serious damagee in behind the ruck and wider if we can get him going.

And anyone who thinks we paid him 600k needs to have a long lie down.I can think of very few forwards in the entire comp who get that.It is simply ridiculous.

That's not quite right Susan! Turbo in particular has excellent slight of hand playing through the line, I think Sao has some handy offloads in him too! But point taken the guys who will be playing first grade will be lacking in that department. However we don't have a nippy hooker patrolling the middle third to capitalise on it anyway, opportunities will be made on the fringes by Buhrer and Feleti where we are well served with offloading talent!

Mateo can play before, at, and through the line, unlike the others. He is one of the most naturally gifted ball players i've seen, he just needs to switch on all of the time, not just some of the time.

variety in our pack. We have the ball player in Buhrer.. quick makes easy metres. Mateo will add size and an offload to watch out for. The rest will be power.

Mateo has been heavily criticized by the warriors fans on their forum so hes not all that. Age of 30 he should of killed the NRL with his ability. I just hope the coaching and culture at our club can fix defence and attitude.

KaZa said:
Mateo has been heavily criticized by the warriors fans on their forum so hes not all that.

Yes true, but with one or two exceptions, players going to the Warriors rarely perform as well as where they came from. He needs to get fit and highly involved - if he can do that, then he could be awesome for us.

We just don't have much second phase play which makes it much easier to defend against us. If he can bring that, then we have the players to take advantage of it.

pjayz said:
KaZa said:
Mateo has been heavily criticized by the warriors fans on their forum so hes not all that.

Yes true, but with one or two exceptions, players going to the Warriors rarely perform as well as where they came from. He needs to get fit and highly involved - if he can do that, then he could be awesome for us.

We just don't have much second phase play which makes it much easier to defend against us. If he can bring that, then we have the players to take advantage of it.

I agree and i think we will too. He will be the 2015 Donny Singe project.

I like Mateo in our team already. The Islander boys have interesting names and hearing the name 'Feleti' always made me smile. Now it's a Manly name.:)

As you can see I'm very analytical form strategist.

Donny will do wonders with our boy Feleti.

niccipops said:
I like Mateo in our team already. The Islander boys have interesting names and hearing the name 'Feleti' always made me smile. Now it's a Manly name.:)

As you can see I'm very analytical form strategist.

Donny will do wonders with our boy Feleti.

You make perfect sense.

Was feleti playing 80mins at warriors? , from memory he would need to go off for a breather....... We will miss choc and Glenn's 80min efforts, doing the hard yards when it counts....... I'm a little worried that we are not going to have that player which digs into the line coming out of our own end when really needed, choc was great at this....

c eagle said:
Was feleti playing 80mins at warriors? , from memory he would need to go off for a breather....... We will miss choc and Glenn's 80min efforts, doing the hard yards when it counts....... I'm a little worried that we are not going to have that player which digs into the line coming out of our own end when really needed, choc was great at this....

ever heard of a guy called Jamie Buhrer? He did a lot more work than Choc last year.

Well, fingers crossed he can perform week in week out. He has a lot of potential, and always has. The way I see it, Manly have done him a tremendous favour in signing him. I hope he can repay the favour.

Snake said:
c eagle said:

ever heard of a guy called Jamie Buhrer? He did a lot more work than Choc last year.
Yes I have, and am still of the opinion he's still to small, now with a serious knee injury.... I think he's good, but just gets man handled by opposition packs , Jamie is defiantly not the man to fill chocs boots.....choc would take the field injured and bust his ass doing the tuff stuff....... In saying that he had to go, but I believe he's going to be hard to replace. Feleti will play a similar roll to gift, his lost won't be as bad.

Of course we will not replace choc a no brainer. What we have is a bloke with best offload bar parker in the game. Use it to our advantage.
Imo lui has potential in the backrow hits the line and defends same way. Symonds and ferris are both edge runners. I would think tommy may go back to bench to have balance.

winnyason said:
Of course we will not replace choc a no brainer. What we have is a bloke with best offload bar parker in the game. Use it to our advantage.
Imo lui has potential in the backrow hits the line and defends same way. Symonds and ferris are both edge runners. I would think tommy may go back to bench to have balance.
Yeah. Know he's no choc but..... Just saying some one needs to step up now and take choc role.

c eagle said:
Snake said:
c eagle said:

Yes I have, and am still of the opinion he's still to small, now with a serious knee injury.... I think he's good, but just gets man handled by opposition packs , Jamie is defiantly not the man to fill chocs boots.....choc would take the field injured and bust his ass doing the tuff stuff....... In saying that he had to go, but I believe he's going to be hard to replace. Feleti will play a similar roll to gift, his lost won't be as bad.

Buhrer 180cm, 94kg
Watmough 181cm, 95kg

Kiwi Eagle said:
c eagle said:
Snake said:
c eagle said:

Buhrer 180cm, 94kg
Watmough 181cm, 95kg

1cm and 1kg make all the difference :p

Shoe1 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
c eagle said:
Snake said:
c eagle said:

Buhrer 180cm, 94kg
Watmough 181cm, 95kg

But is that extra 1cm and 1kg muscle or fat?

StuBoot said:
Shoe1 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
c eagle said:
Snake said:

Buhrer 180cm, 94kg
Watmough 181cm, 95kg

But is that extra 1cm and 1kg muscle or fat?

I'm still not sure whether 1kg of muscle weighs more that 1kg of fat, despite countless hours of debate.

Now you're asking is 1cm of muscle taller than 1cm of fat???

My fat is always bigger in the morning. So between muscle, fat and water retention, which is the best to poke the missus in the back with in the morning?

Either way, it's always hilarious right? Right??? Who's with me??? lol

Aahhh. You guys suck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4