Finances

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guys - if you look at the Sponsors on the website like Daniel said, there are 112 silver sponsors. The Nab was a silver sponso of The Eagles in previous years, and I personally had to pay the bill of $4k per month. Assuming there's 6 months of the season, that's an average of $24k per silver sponsor annually or $24k X 112 sponsors = $2,688,000 per annum indicatively.

Then you have the major sponsors. I think we'd be suprised at how much major sponsors invest. I'd say we get a LARGE amount.

Then you have on average a $250k per month grant from the NRL I have heard from someone else. That's $3,000,000 annually.

Then you have gate takings. Matabele said that apparently it is 7000 to make it break even. Our average crowd was 15,500 odd. Therefore @ an average ticket price of $25, that's $175,000 per fortnight. $175,000 X 13 = $2,275,000.

Then there is food / drink sales at the ground.

Then you have the leagues club giving the club money. I don't think it would be anywhere near where Manlyone said, it may be close to $500,000.

Then you have memberships. $80 X 2000 is more close to the mark = $160,000. Like Mata said, $50k of that was given back. Therefore there is STILL a surplus of $110,000.

Then parafenalia. I'm sure Byron will buy another jersey. HeHe..

So to say Daniel is drunk is a bit much isn't it?

Average ticket price would probably be closer to $15 to $18 as Manlyone estimated originally. You have to factor in all the concession tickets, freebies for junior teams etc which would bring the average price down.

If things get desperate Daniel could always become a long-haired hippie & donate all money saved on hair products to the cause.

my point exatcly Ryan and your figures are fairly sound apart from average ticket price though it would be soemwhere in the twenties when you factor in season ticket holders etc

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if Ryan's sponsorship figures are correct ...... 112 sponsors kicking in over 20k each. If they do then we are ok because if you add this extra $2m onto my original $8m total revenue estimate we reach the magical $10m.

The NRL grant is definitely going up in future years and I'm sure the leagues club kicks in $1m a year (wasn't that part of the deal to get rid of Fatty?).

I'd be surprised if the leagues club keeps up the 1 mill per year offerings as the pokie taxes will eat it away.

I think the club is sound enough to survive. I'd prefer the club to be successful on and off the field again though.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if Ryan's sponsorship figures are correct ...... 112 sponsors kicking in over 20k each. If they do then we are ok because if you add this extra $2m onto my original $8m total revenue estimate we reach the magical $10m.

The NRL grant is definitely going up in future years and I'm sure the leagues club kicks in $1m a year (wasn't that part of the deal to get rid of Fatty?).

I would be very. very suprised if there are 112 entities willing to tip in $20K each.

The fact is the leagues club is currentyl putting in $1 million per year but that was pre Pokie Tax and don't forget they are relying on a major redevelopment to continue grants of that level which is at the moment got no takers and with the present property market unlikely to.

The worry is crowds don't continue to increase or worse still reduce.

The pokies tax is changing!

If there are that many silvers sponsors they put in between 10 and 30k each per season.

Each business that advertisers on the board pays $1000 per mention for that provilage!

last I checked it was per time it was on the board, once per game = $12,000

also think of all the advertisers on the field and around the edge of the grount, including the foam prisms they put at each end!

Can anyone remember one message from the scoreboard this season?

Some businesses are so insanely stupid with their advertising budgets.

also think of all the advertisers on the field and around the edge of the grount, including the foam prisms they put at each end!

I thought that would have part of the silver package not an additional cost

some of those arent silver sponsors. they pay just for signage.

There are lots of places.

You think the coffee van gets to park their free?
You think some of the food and drink companies dont pay to have their signage in the food serving areas and inside those sheds?

Do these sponsors get a box for their pains or is corporate boxes a revenue stream we've neglected to mention.

The Angels tip in $100k per year too.

Mata' funny you should mention the Angels .... didn't they get a $250k sponsorship from Adecco (speaking of companies and dodgie advertising)??

I've no idea ..... my understanding was that the Angels had secured a $250k sponsorship (perhaps over more than one year) ...... that money goes to the Anels who in turn could contribute to the football team..... I don't believe Adecco sponsor the footie team directly (but I wouldn't know!).

We received a box, at additional cost. Advertising WAS included. Food & Drink weren't. If we wanted more than minimal scoreboard advertising, we'd need to spend up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8