Fire Dan Ferris Immediately

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are missing the defence provided by DCE and Jake.

The real question is why we have become so dependant on Cherry's defence? For goodness sake, DCE shouldn't have made so many tackles and taken so many forward hit ups in the first 4 rounds. It was one of those unnecessary hit ups that led to his injury ... And boy oh boy, we really miss his kicking game tonight.

thanks for the reply chief.
As I said,with Souths having 75% of the ball in the first 20 minutes of course we'd struggle.
Starting a thread about sacking the fitness coach because we are unfit, when the opposition have all the ball. Lol

And why is that? Sloppy, tired, lazy marker defense. Watch The Bunnies in that same scenario

You get over emotional and look to an easy fix in order to appease yourself

We look tired.....so our fitness is bad......so we should sack ferris......then everything will be ok and we'll win everything

Unfortunately these easy fixes don't exist. We are a team on the rebuild with injuries and on back to back short turn arounds

For mine the opening was more and indication of a lack of mental application and team cohesion

Hopefully we can come home strong

Not a fitness issue after 10 or 15 minutes. It was structure, urgency etc. It should not happen but its not Ferris. You were bagging him earlier so its clear you have an agenda against him. He might be sh@t but you are just putting your blinkers on (as you put it) and attacking him as you don't Iike him. You will see im not the only one disagreeing with you on it.

Eh mate. **** off. How's that? Go try and lose your virginity to something other than a sponge, a glass and a rubber glove.

And why change your username ****head

Wtf r u talking abt mate?

My name is harmless. Same name for 6 years.

Been drinking???

Not a fitness issue after 10 or 15 minutes. It was structure, urgency etc. It should not happen but its not Ferris. You were bagging him earlier so its clear you have an agenda against him. He might be sh@t but you are just putting your blinkers on (as you put it) and attacking him as you don't Iike him. You will see im not the only one disagreeing with you on it.
You have nailed it

Attitude in the first 20 mins was the problem. The Manly players could have played another 80mins based on their fitness. The problem however is they could play like that all night and wouldn't have scored as the last play always looked rushed. But considering it was another make shift halves pairing i'm not surprised by it. Gutted for the players as they deserved better but that attitude right to the end was MANLY!!!! Things will only get better from here!! Disappointed but happy Manly supporter here :)

@Ryan I generally respect your posts, but lately mate you're like a dog with a bone. It seems to be more evident since the Foran saga, which you had good info on. You copped a lot of flak then and rightly gave out a few 'I told you so'. But the Liam Knight thing, you were relentless and went down kicking and screaming, although, to your credit, eventually conceded your mail was wrong.

I can see the same pattern here with Dan Ferris. You've obviously got a problem with him. You obviously have your reasons for that, but from my perspective, we have been full of running at the end of every game this year. I see that as a tick for the S&C dept.

Don't see this as an attack mate, I like what you bring to the forum, just lately you seem to get a hold of something and can't let it go.

Cheers

@Ryan I generally respect your posts, but lately mate you're like a dog with a bone. It seems to be more evident since the Foran saga, which you had good info on. You copped a lot of flak then and rightly gave out a few 'I told you so'. But the Liam Knight thing, you were relentless and went down kicking and screaming, although, to your credit, eventually conceded your mail was wrong.

I can see the same pattern here with Dan Ferris. You've obviously got a problem with him. You obviously have your reasons for that, but from my perspective, we have been full of running at the end of every game this year. I see that as a tick for the S&C dept.

Don't see this as an attack mate, I like what you bring to the forum, just lately you seem to get a hold of something and can't let it go.

Cheers

All good mosto. I admit, I had quite a few interactions with Donny, and yeah, I feel very loyal to the guy. I find the current management / ownership very untouchable, and completely non-interactive like the staff of the past, but that's just me.

I hate how they treated Donny, Ballin and all those other legends.

BUT, I hold to my word that it was lack of jump and step at dummy half, despite what people say here. The Rabbits burst through our middle. We knew they would, and we couldn't combat it.

I saw flailing arms, grabbing attempted tackles, just lethargic play - in the first 20 minutes !!

I definitely won't disagree that we finished admirally though. Was a good effort at the end, we just lacked cohesion again. I feel we are most certainly not energetic to start games, which is why we see teams just put us to the sword early, and us have to fight back.

we are 2 wins from 5 games. So if it's a strategy, it ain't working. Poor fitness for mine only being able to play 60-65 minutes.

You get over emotional and look to an easy fix in order to appease yourself

We look tired.....so our fitness is bad......so we should sack ferris......then everything will be ok and we'll win everything

Unfortunately these easy fixes don't exist. We are a team on the rebuild with injuries and on back to back short turn arounds

For mine the opening was more and indication of a lack of mental application and team cohesion

Hopefully we can come home strong

Add to that in the first 18 minutes to have just 1/3 sets complete and 3-0 penalty count after 12 minutes.

Id say the later 60 minutes shows a hell of an effort for an in progess team and we should be excited that our side has so much heart.

Ive seen a lot worse from manly in our golden periods than what we have seen from the effort tonight and that tells me when we have a full strength team we are going to be a hell of a tooth ache in the competition.,

All good mosto. I admit, I had quite a few interactions with Donny, and yeah, I feel very loyal to the guy. I find the current management / ownership very untouchable, and completely non-interactive like the staff of the past, but that's just me.

I hate how they treated Donny, Ballin and all those other legends.

BUT, I hold to my word that it was lack of jump and step at dummy half, despite what people say here. The Rabbits burst through our middle. We knew they would, and we couldn't combat it.

I saw flailing arms, grabbing attempted tackles, just lethargic play - in the first 20 minutes !!

I definitely won't disagree that we finished admirally though. Was a good effort at the end, we just lacked cohesion again. I feel we are most certainly not energetic to start games, which is why we see teams just put us to the sword early, and us have to fight back.

we are 2 wins from 5 games. So if it's a strategy, it ain't working. Poor fitness for mine only being able to play 60-65 minutes.

Good to see you stick to your guns no matter how wrong you are @Ryan That is admirable. The first 20 minutes were nothing to do with fitness, it was all attitude. As you say the last part of the game we finished admirally. If we were unfit we would have just got worst the longer we went. I know when I exercise I sure as hell do not feel better the longer I go.

But I do agree something is not right there. It may be the defensive coach, maybe the coach, maybe the fact we are a team rebuilding, might be the fact we had 3 games in 10 days. I do not know and I do not pretend to know. But one thing the majority agree on is that the first 20 minutes was nothing to do with lack of fitness.

We were poor for the first 20, but 3 games in 10 days is mentally tough never mind, physically. It's like a constant sprint that you can't have a rest with. The build up to a game is intense, then when you play it's like a release, and you recover for the next 3 days or so, before the intensity of the prep kicks back in. We just have not had that time with the schedule.

Either we didn't get enough intense prep, or too many of the players were still mentally fatigued - it's gonna take it's toll. I think it did in the first 20, before the natural competitive instincts and adrenaline kick in and the fatigue fades. Been there loads of times.

What I will say is to dominate that Souths pack for 60 minutes, given the schedule and you take in to account the improvement of Myles and Vave from week 1... I really don't have an issue with the S&C staff/programme.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6