Fire Kelly before you Fire Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have always had the utmost respect for Tooves for the way he played football, and the way he has handled himself. But my level of respect for him has edged even higher in recent days. He has not shirked from the task at all. He is still getting out there on tv and doing his best to promote this club. The club that unfortunately is sinking around him, but he's not behaving like a scared little rabbit in the corner. You can see he's getting uncomfortable and fed up.....but he's still out there putting in.

Absolute RESPECT Tooves. The fans have it for you!

Zorba's time as a deep Eels mole has finally reached the end game, after a steady buildup over the last five years or so. It's like a le Carre spy thriller...Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Zorba.

The biggest difference between us and the Panthers is they have a junior base that is about 100 times bigger than ours. To be honest its not brilliant work they are doing, its just common sense.
There are major differences to what the Panthers are doing.
A highly respected guy like Gould was brought into the Panthers to sort out the mess. He then went ahead and got rid of some of the highest paid guys in the team (who also happened to be local juniors).
In Manly's case, Kelly does not rate anywhere remotely near Gould, and both DCE and Foran have left because they want to leave.

Kelly knows what he's doing - he has a plan & hes working to it. To be honest it probably doesn't include Toovey but I get the feeling he is playing the game for keeps. There is a clean out going on at the club. Players & management. We are going full tilt into a rebuild.
I think the model will be similar to what the panthers have done.
If that's it then be honest and tell us, that's what Gus did !!

I'm a member and have been for 10 years and so far I've heard **** all!!

There are major differences to what the Panthers are doing.
A highly respected guy like Gould was brought into the Panthers to sort out the mess. He then went ahead and got rid of some of the highest paid guys in the team (who also happened to be local juniors).
In Manly's case, Kelly does not rate anywhere remotely near Gould, and both DCE and Foran have left because they want to leave.
But in both cases they considered themselves bigger than the club & if they dont want to be here then off ya go - we only want people here who want to be here, part of our great club & culture. Time to rebuild.

But in both cases they considered themselves bigger than the club & if they dont want to be here then off ya go - we only want people here who want to be here, part of our great club & culture. Time to rebuild.
Jerry there's nothing left other to rebuild !!

If Gus was at the club doing this (or bozo) I would buy it and say these guy's have a track record i trust them but kelly and penn with due respect they are novices and I'm not sure they know what 2 do now. I suspect they thought both players (or at least 1) would stay.

If that's it then be honest and tell us, that's what Gus did !!

I'm a member and have been for 10 years and so far I've heard **** all!!

Yep - but its a one owner club now. Whatever the head honcho wants - thy will be done.
These guys are very successful businessmen. They will have a plan & an agenda. All we have to do is turn up & wave our flags. Bugger all else we can do - but I feel your pain. I bleed maroon too mate.

Tooves said Bozo is looking at the junior side of development. I can live with that. When he left at the end of 88 and did the Aussie job that's what he did as well. A few years later we had Beaver, Gartner, Kosef, Moore, Elsegood, Ryan and a few others all make it to first grade and have pretty decent careers (most of them anyway).

Yep - but its a one owner club now. Whatever the head honcho wants - thy will be done.
These guys are very successful businessmen. They will have a plan & an agenda. All we have to do is turn up & wave our flags. Bugger all else we can do - but I feel your pain. I bleed maroon too mate.

Except for maybe signing a key half or 2!

Jerry there's nothing left other to rebuild !!
Hey
Yep - we may have a few years wandering in the wilderness. But it was coming one way or the other. I dont think our rebuild will be anywhere as fast & successful an the panthers but sure as sheite we couldn't afford them all.

Remember when Des came in with the rebuild plan. It was hard but ended with us being the most successful club of the decade (that was under the cap).

We need a similar plan & someone to lead us into a bright new future. Hopefully they can deliver on the club front the same way they have in their other business dealings.

Last edited:
That's crap we have plenty of money 2 sign both players or 1 nothing 2 do with back ended contracts. If it makes it easier for you 2 still blame Des good on you. I love how there were no complaints about back ended contracts when Des had us winning GF's.

Because he was winning grand finals before the **** hit the fan. How many coaches quit a few days after winning a grand final?

Oh.... "for the money" oh he "had issues with the board".

He didn't quit the board sacked him when his position became untenable having signed for the Bulldogs for 2013.

Not saying it didn't suck, but that's what happened

Because he was winning grand finals before the **** hit the fan. How many coaches quit a few days after winning a grand final?

Oh.... "for the money" oh he "had issues with the board".

Why are you even talking about Des. I don't give a **** about Des but you are dribbling ****. Not 1 back ended contract is left in the club so 2 blame Des for DCE and Foz leaving is as stupid as it get's. This is Quantum,Penns,Perry and Kelly's problem. But you keep dribbling on about Des why the club becomes a rabble.

He didn't quit the board sacked him when his position became untenable having signed for the Bulldogs for 2013.

Don't let the truth get in the way chuck is telling us fairy tales here.

tomato tomato.

He signed with another club a year out from his contract ending. He left, he quit, he ditched the club. What's the difference?

Why are you even talking about Des. I don't give a **** about Des but you are dribbling ****. Not 1 back ended contract is left in the club so 2 blame Des for DCE and Foz leaving is as stupid as it get's. This is Quantum,Penns,Perry and Kelly's problem. But you keep dribbling on about Des why the club becomes a rabble.

Can you directly quote where I blamed des for forcing out foran and dce? I said des left the club in a mess and to be honest it's been a pretty poorly run outfit ever since.

Not interested in a slanging match.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4