Fire Kelly before you Fire Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can you directly quote where I blamed des for forcing out foran and dce? I said des left the club in a mess and to be honest it's been a pretty poorly run outfit ever since.

Not interested in a slanging match.

No I can't but we are talking about them leaving so 2 even mention Des in that is a long bow. I agree he left the club in a poor way but that has not cost us either of these players. Shoddy management has cost us and we never seem 2 learn.

No I can't but we are talking about them leaving so 2 even mention Des in that is a long bow. I agree he left the club in a poor way but that has not cost us either of these players. Shoddy management has cost us and we never seem 2 learn.

Well im happy to evenly apportion blame to all responsible parties if that helps?

At the end of the day the club is a mess and Des played a part in it.

But in both cases they considered themselves bigger than the club & if they dont want to be here then off ya go - we only want people here who want to be here, part of our great club & culture. Time to rebuild.

Well, the way it's heading, we will only need to cut two oranges at halftime.@:(

There are major differences to what the Panthers are doing.
A highly respected guy like Gould was brought into the Panthers to sort out the mess. He then went ahead and got rid of some of the highest paid guys in the team (who also happened to be local juniors).
In Manly's case, Kelly does not rate anywhere remotely near Gould, and both DCE and Foran have left because they want to leave.

The other major difference is that the Panthers were the ones who decided to move on their stars. We decided to move on Gift, the others just didn't want to stay.

You have to get to the point where you stop blaming the guys who left and start thinking what is so wrong at our club that our champion players simply don't want to stick around.

I know it's complicated and we were at the crossroads of deciding to keep our older legends or our young guns but I don't think we could have got a worse result if we tried. We lost both.

As we are such a shambles at the moment I wonder who would even come in 2016.

Plenty of kids looking for a start.

Scrap heap players looking for their very last min payment contract.

BUT I certainly can't imagine many top players will make the jump.

Going to be a very long next few years!!

I agree Mark plenty of players looking for a second or third chance (is that what our club has become) and Journey man who we have 2 pay overs 2.

As we are such a shambles at the moment I wonder who would even come in 2016.

Plenty of kids looking for a start.

Scrap heap players looking for their very last min payment contract.

BUT I certainly can't imagine many top players will make the jump.

Going to be a very long next few years!!

I would have thought some halves who want to play in the same team as Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart, Matt Ballin, Steve Matai...

Ffs it is two players

At the start of the year everyone was talking about us being a chance of winning the comp. yes we are going to lose two key players next year but it is not like there is not quality in other areas
Talk of year in the wilderness is rubbish, rebuilding yes but will we be poor? I do not think so

I do not like the fact Kelly worked closely with Shane Richardson. Does he share the same view that the NRL should have less Sydney teams and stop playing at local grounds? Because so far his decisions are setting us up for a massive fail and neverending disharmony. We are not just losing two great halves, they are two of the most marketable players in the comp. This will cost us sponsorship dollars, gate takings not to mention we will need a miracle to see any success in the next five years.

If the NRL is operating some secret agenda to remove a Sydney club, it should, could, would not be Manly.

If Manly go under there would be nothing north of Sydney until you reach the Newcastle end of the M1.

So if there is a conspiracy I would envisage West Tigers, Sharks or even St Merge would be targeted before Manly.

If the NRL is operating some secret agenda to remove a Sydney club, it should, could, would not be Manly.

If Manly go under there would be nothing north of Sydney until you reach the Newcastle end of the M1.

So if there is a conspiracy I would envisage West Tigers, Sharks or even St Merge would be targeted before Manly.
Exactly - the west/south west of Sydney has the Tigers, Dragons, Dogs, Parra, Penrith. Two of them are being supported by the NRL already and only the Tigers has the strength to go it alone and only when the Tigers half officially folds.

Ffs it is two players

At the start of the year everyone was talking about us being a chance of winning the comp. yes we are going to lose two key players next year but it is not like there is not quality in other areas
Talk of year in the wilderness is rubbish, rebuilding yes but will we be poor? I do not think so

I agree. Most top line players would love to play at Manly and why do y'all think that instantly all of our club culture has disappeared. You know, the same thing you guys brag about repeatedly on here?

Sheesh, and you talk about the 'trenches.'

Exactly - the west/south west of Sydney has the Tigers, Dragons, Dogs, Parra, Penrith. Two of them are being supported by the NRL already and only the Tigers has the strength to go it alone and only when the Tigers half officially folds.

The tigers are broke it is the Magpies with the money not the tigers. I can see them ditching Leichardt and moving all games 2 Cambeltown and calling themselves the magpies after they split from Balmain

The tigers are broke it is the Magpies with the money not the tigers. I can see them ditching Leichardt and moving all games 2 Cambeltown and calling themselves the magpies after they split from Balmain
Yeah I meant the Tigers as JV but the Balmain side has been stuffed for years. Wests Leagues gets all that pokie action from Ashfield...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6