First Trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great effort there from teams in both 1/2’s
Guac is going to be massive this season
2nd 1/2 guys were good , I thought Zac Fulton was really good nothing special but I think could be one to watch
Vega took his chance to shine
the only negative if I get a bit picky was Aloio thought he was the least impressive out of all the top squad players
Anyway looks like no injuries and a win so a good trial all in all

Great effort there from teams in both 1/2’s
Guac is going to be massive this season
2nd 1/2 guys were good , I thought Zac Fulton was really good nothing special but I think could be one to watch
Vega took his chance to shine
the only negative if I get a bit picky was Aloio thought he was the least impressive out of all the top squad players
Anyway looks like no injuries and a win so a good trial all in all
Agree about Josh but Marty Lawton and keppie for me had very little impact tonight.

I hope they all get a rev up from des they need to all be better.

Happy we won though.

Last edited:
Toff to start over Marty after tonight's performance. Happy we won but that first half won't cut it with the big boys and more fancier teams.

Toff to me was our best forward all night.

Lawton at 9 a real concern.
What do you reckon about Lawton. I thought that was the real weak area. Just doesn't look comfortable there at all. Very slow, predictable passing.

Compared that to Tom in the second half, you can see the difference with an out and out hooker. Knows when to pass, when to run. Go short or out the back. The best hookers can hold up the defence.

I feel if Manly had that we would be very hard to handle, but still missing that component.

Sides will target our halves and Tom this year unless we can be more creative around the ruck

What do you reckon about Lawton. I thought that was the real weak area. Just doesn't look comfortable there at all. Very slow, predictable passing.

Compared that to Tom in the second half, you can see the difference with an out and out hooker. Knows when to pass, when to run. Go short or out the back. The best hookers can hold up the defence.

I feel if Manly had that we would be very hard to handle, but still missing that component.

Sides will target our halves and Tom this year unless we can be more creative around the ruck
He was for me very weak Lawton gave nothing out of 9 and I agree with you a weak area, we looked all over shop at 9.

Even in the second half that junior 9 gave us so much speed from the risk huge difference.

Going on that first half goods side will as you said target turbo and DCE and you stop our attack.

Saying all this though happy with the win tonight and improvement needed next week.

Class makes difference Dce and Tommy. Good kids coming through, Koula wow his speed created 2 tries.
Negative our pack was very poor I thought Marty top of list. Hooker Lawton not much chop.

Koula will push for the back up fullback position this year. Creates opportunities for his outside men like turbo. Speed to burn and footwork

It will be interesting around Origin time (if he hadn't made his debut already by then) to see if Des prefers to put Koula at fullback when Tom is likely to be off with the Blues, or if he puts Garrick back there and brings the kid into the side on the wing.

Here's a question. If Garrick can carry his 2021 form into 2022, will he be a bolter for a NSW wing spot or even on the bench??

Watched it the pub with a few too many 🍻 but this could be a turning point for us. For the last 20 years we have had 18 to 20 NRL quality players for the season. This year we have at least 25 maybe more based on tonight (yes I know it’s the Tigers).

Potentially we don’t have to pray for no injuries - if our core players are fit and firing then the whole squad will be able to support them.

Top 4 a real prospect

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10