Fitness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd like to know why we have had so many injuries when the Cowboys have been virtually unchanged from their premiership winning 2015 team. Is it just bad luck? I doubt it, considering that many of the Cowboy players also play representative matches, unlike the majority of our blokes.

I'd like to know why we have had so many injuries when the Cowboys have been virtually unchanged from their premiership winning 2015 team. Is it just bad luck? I doubt it, considering that many of the Cowboy players also play representative matches, unlike the majority of our blokes.
High ankle sprains (Tom T and Chez), Tafua has a broken collar bone, what else? Snake has a chronic hammy issue. Buhrer... None of them are related to anything Ferris does. It actually is luck - a tackler falls on you and bends your leg under in an awkward way - that's totally luck of the draw...

High ankle sprains (Tom T and Chez), Tafua has a broken collar bone, what else? Snake has a chronic hammy issue. Buhrer... None of them are related to anything Ferris does. It actually is luck - a tackler falls on you and bends your leg under in an awkward way - that's totally luck of the draw...
And last year? Just bad luck again?

image-jpeg.3496

In my opinion, I would have to say yes.

It happens. I don't think our team is any more or any less prepared fitness wise than other teams, but the constant short turn arounds are definitely not going to help.

Players are taking niggles into games that an extra day or two of recovery just might help. Add to that the lack of training runs as a team, and constant positional changes as a result and you've got a team that looks like they've almost just met.

In junior years playing both club and school footy we would sometimes play 3 games a week, 4 if you counted the whole week (Jets Sunday, State Bank cup Tuesday, local schools comp Wednesday, Commonwealth bank Cup Thursday then for Jets on sat/sun.)

Even at 17 yrs of age it was hard to keep getting up for each game, and we were fit as they come. Every repeat game took longer to play your way into and every little niggle hurt more and more (and they didn't have injections for the school games :( )

After a spell, usually 10-15 minutes your body would be warming up properly and you niggles fade into the usual back ground ouchy you're used to and you play on.

Point is? You're never playing a full game of footy at peak fitness and ability... Much like what the Manly team are copping now..

You can still have an opinion on the matter, and I'd happily debate it (agree or disagree) @Woodsie . Your opinion matters, and I'd respect it regardless of whether I completely agree or disagree on the subject matter.

@lsz is right though. I won't entertain your insults, as it regresses from the subject matter at hand. You can go back to arguing and insulting other people again.I apologise for being roped in.

Have to ask though. You're not a first grade footballer. But you come here and debate the pro's and con's of the team Woodsie (more so the pro's, but we are all different remember). Surely because you're not a fitness professional, doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on that subject matter on the team though mate? Come on.

How come you're willing to waive John's / Finch's comments (and others), but look to Singe's comments about one game against Parramatta?

I do have an opinion, you are a dribbler.

When Donny's assessment of our fitness contradicted your view of our fitness, you responded with the ridiculous notion that a teams fitness changes on a weekly basis.

At that point you disqualified yourself from any further sensible debate on the subject.

Your attempts to re-invent yourself as the mature, tolerant and reasonable victim are a laughable nonsense.

I do have an opinion, you are a dribbler.

When Donny's assessment of our fitness contradicted your view of our fitness, you responded with the ridiculous notion that a teams fitness changes on a weekly basis.

At that point you disqualified yourself from any further sensible debate on the subject.

Your attempts to re-invent yourself as the mature, tolerant and reasonable victim are a laughable nonsense.

No worries @Woodsie . I'm not getting dragged down to that level again, sorry.

Keep throwing them out there. I think you've seen that others are a little over the petty squabbling, so do yourself a favor, and let it go mate. I saw you ripping into @Turbo last week as well, after your falling out with @Rex .

Each time it was because a poster dared to have a differing opinion than yours.

Just open your mind, and be more open and accepting of other people's thought's and mindset's. Or don't, either way, I won't be part of it any longer.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
No worries @Woodsie . I'm not getting dragged down to that level again, sorry.

Keep throwing them out there. I think you've seen that others are a little over the petty squabbling, so do yourself a favor, and let it go mate. I saw you ripping into @Turbo last week as well, after your falling out with @Rex .

Each time it was because a poster dared to have a differing opinion than yours.

Just open your mind, and be more open and accepting of other people's thought's and mindset's.

Three Things

1) My argument with Rex was because he abused a fellow poster for having an opinion, and questioned his right to have one, not because he had an opinion different to mine. This is why I call you a dribbler, get your facts right.

2) Yes I had a go at Turbo over his insensitive comments about Lyon and Snake. And will probably have more arguments with him. But other than his occasional disrespect to players, I admire certain aspects of his and have told him so.

3) I argue with you because it is fun, and because you are a dribbler.

Three Things

1) My argument with Rex was because he abused a fellow poster for having an opinion, and questioned his right to have one, not because he had an opinion different to mine. This is why I call you a dribbler, get your facts right.

2) Yes I had a go at Turbo over his insensitive comments about Lyon and Snake. And will probably have more arguments with him. But other than his occasional disrespect to players, I admire certain aspects of his and have told him so.

So ummm, did you, or did you not have an argument? Have I asked / suggested what your argument was about? All I said is that you had a different opinion than him on a matter?

Is it hard to do it in a respectful way, with an open mind, willing to hear out his opinion's?

If this is what you do for fun, you certainly need to enrich your life a little - hahaha. You're also wasting your time mate, because your trolling is shoulder shrug worthy (no offense). It's like your throwing tennis balls at a dart board, which is kind of embarrassing, sorry. Rex and Turbo both dusted you in their arguments - I don't know why you keep on?

Hahahaha ! Appropriate. Think they wrote this just for you @Woodsie

see, this is why it is fun.

I state a fact, you write 50 words repackaging it, and ignore the content.

So if you miss anything, ask someone to explain it to you.

1) For the slow learners, again, I did not have a difference of opinion with Rex (I seem to have said that before, pay attention this time dopey) I had an issue with him challenging someone's right to hold an opinion. Even a dribbler like you should be able to understand the difference.

2) I did hear Turbo's opinion, his opinion wasn't the issue (I seem to have said this before as well) I took umbrage at the disrespectful way it was expressed.

3) The fun part is watching how you will ignore, or fail to understand what I have said, and twist it around to sound reasonable and superior.

see, this is why it is fun.

I state a fact, you write 50 words repackaging it, and ignore the content.

So if you miss anything, ask someone to explain it to you.

1) For the slow learners, again, I did not have a difference of opinion with Rex (I seem to have said that before, pay attention this time dopey) I had an issue with him challenging someone's right to hold an opinion. Even a dribbler like you should be able to understand the difference.

2) I did hear Turbo's opinion, his opinion wasn't the issue (I seem to have said this before as well) I took umbrage at the disrespectful way it was expressed.

3) The fun part is watching how you will ignore, or fail to understand what I have said, and twist it around to sound reasonable and superior.

Is this you, when you post? Honestly? All I read then was a whole lot of camel sounding Peter Griffin noise ! Hahaha.."umbrage" - doing good kid, doing good.

See @Ryan you are getting good at this.

Change the subject. Don't deal with the original issue. pretend to be smart.
Ignore facts when they don't suit you.
Got it all covered.

anyway, got to go out, catch up tomorrow.

I don't mean to get off topic here...whatever the topic was but

fooking hell...that camel does sound exactly like peter griffin laughing!

wow lol hilarious!

heh heh heh heh heh - - ah screw it...just watch the vid!

See @Ryan you are getting good at this.

Change the subject. Don't deal with the original issue. pretend to be smart.
Ignore facts when they don't suit you.
Got it all covered.

anyway, got to go out, catch up tomorrow.

AwwWwww...see, now this is what I just heard from you (have a good time Peter btw - looking forward to catching up). Lets use Meg in this scene as a visualisation of your posts.

PS: Love how it took me posting a video of a camel noise, for you to come back with you think I try and sound smart. Connected with you that one, did it? Finally on you're level? Hahaha

Since this thread is about fitness, or lack there of, nonsense and camels, I thought I'd put this up....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6