Fitness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think it's our fitness as much as our ball control or lack thereof. Through errors and poor disciple, we're spending way too much time without the ball. As a result, we're making more tackles than we need to and we've got no spark or energy in attack. Fix the ball control and I guarantee we'll look "fitter" than we do now.

I don't know if it is a fitness issue or more a lack of attacking set plays, due to players either playing out of position or not working cohesively together yet..

Its pretty funny how many dopes we have on this forum commenting that it is ferris fault and the fitness we have so many injuries. Broken jaw, high ankle strains, broken collar bones, cracked ribs etc. If only we had a better fitness trainer we would be made of steel and a cracked rip all smashed jaw even tearing the ligaments off the bone above the ankle wouldn't bother us. FfS we had injuries last year under donny. Didn't he himself just comment on how well they have been recovering and getting up for these tough matches given the lack of recovery time and we have been finishing well in matches. Not hunched over out of breathe getting flogged in the final 10 mins. Im in agreement some people on here just like to dribble

Its pretty funny how many dopes we have on this forum commenting that it is ferris fault and the fitness we have so many injuries. Broken jaw, high ankle strains, broken collar bones, cracked ribs etc. If only we had a better fitness trainer we would be made of steel and a cracked rip all smashed jaw even tearing the ligaments off the bone above the ankle wouldn't bother us. FfS we had injuries last year under donny. Didn't he himself just comment on how well they have been recovering and getting up for these tough matches given the lack of recovery time and we have been finishing well in matches. Not hunched over out of breathe getting flogged in the final 10 mins. Im in agreement some people on here just like to dribble

POST OF THE THREAD!!!!

I'm not sure that's the sentiment people are trying to say Simon, at least from my take. Quite a few games, we have had some pretty (no, VERY) strong line-ups.

The team has looked quite flat at times (and I understand the 5 day turnarounds would have affected this).

My opinion is that our middle defense is either lazy, unfit or out of sync (and I don't consider our team lazy). Fast play the balls, dummy half runs and dummies from the attackers seem to get the best of us up the middle. I've been seeing flailing arms in defense, jersey grabs, and our defensive line struggling to stay back the ten (maybe the biggest issue).

Ok, injuries have cruelled us something fierce. Broken bones has nothing to do with the issues I personally see in that last paragraph though.

The Warriors showed today, that given many players out, you can still get up for it (and I also feel in all games, apart from that last one, we've had an amazing line-up each game) - but I do rate our quality and players very highly - they deserve that respect. This is also why I guess some are hard on them - the players have set the bar for themselves very high, and they talked up a storm pre-season remember.

The game against The Knight's personified my thought's. Man, we looked lethargic that day, and the players all stated that in their post match interviews.

Take injuries completely out of it mate. They have nothing to do with this debate. I'd love your opinion on this though: Do you see us struggling to get back the ten? Do you see our defense in the middle of the park to be uptempo and damaging? Do you see a team that fades in and out of games (whether the start or finish?), and that plays wonderfully for 60 odd minutes, with patches letting them down?

THIS is, what I'm attributing to fitness. Just an opinion of coarse, so please don't get angry and name call on that. Unsure how that's dribbling tbh.

We look flat for the most part due to not being able to combat/compete with harder running more powerful fresh forwards in the opening exchanges of each game.

The more we struggle in the impact the more risks we take trying to slow down the play the ball, the ensuing run of penalties and roll on this generates tends to dictate field position and reduced time in possession along with increased tackle counts and ineffective tired disorganized go forward.

Add the above with short turn arounds, a lack of ball-playing options/ structures in place and you get predictable performances that is going to struggle to keep a 50% win loss ratio.

There is effort, and there is improving first up contact but we are still way behind in the hard running power element.

If you lack power and good attacking structures the best you can hope for is playing for each other, increased effort and generate attacking options with offloads (harder to generate offloads if you are dominated in tackles and it becomes more high risk)

Cronulla don't run the best attacking structures, mostly very poor and way before the line but are improving their hard more direct running forward approach and generating offloads which offers opportunities to score with less structured or even simple plays.

Teams with a good balance of power and structure remain more composed under pressure making it easier to execute plays when it matters.

Roosters 2013, Souths 2014, Cowboys 2015 all heavily feature a power play element to their team makeup with half decent structures(Souths and Cowboys attacking structures are nothing special though compared to past Roosters,Manly and Melb structures that asked more questions)

Injuries are a mix of bad luck, improved off field management, physical composition/make up of the squad---i mean it does help the Cowboys that they tend to dominate other teams and make them absorb their power game not the other way around, minimizing injury also.

I'm not sure that's the sentiment people are trying to say Simon, at least from my take. Quite a few games, we have had some pretty (no, VERY) strong line-ups.

The team has looked quite flat at times (and I understand the 5 day turnarounds would have affected this).

My opinion is that our middle defense is either lazy, unfit or out of sync (and I don't consider our team lazy). Fast play the balls, dummy half runs and dummies from the attackers seem to get the best of us up the middle. I've been seeing flailing arms in defense, jersey grabs, and our defensive line struggling to stay back the ten (maybe the biggest issue).

Ok, injuries have cruelled us something fierce. Broken bones has nothing to do with the issues I personally see in that last paragraph though.

The Warriors showed today, that given many players out, you can still get up for it (and I also feel in all games, apart from that last one, we've had an amazing line-up each game) - but I do rate our quality and players very highly - they deserve that respect. This is also why I guess some are hard on them - the players have set the bar for themselves very high, and they talked up a storm pre-season remember.

The game against The Knight's personified my thought's. Man, we looked lethargic that day, and the players all stated that in their post match interviews.

Take injuries completely out of it mate. They have nothing to do with this debate. I'd love your opinion on this though: Do you see us struggling to get back the ten? Do you see our defense in the middle of the park to be uptempo and damaging? Do you see a team that fades in and out of games (whether the start or finish?), and that plays wonderfully for 60 odd minutes, with patches letting them down?

THIS is, what I'm attributing to fitness. Just an opinion of coarse, so please don't get angry and name call on that. Unsure how that's dribbling tbh.
Hi Ryan, that was a completely different post to previous ones indicating injuries are due to ferris.

Anyway, to answer your question. I think the starts have been killing us. We have made some silly errors and also have given away some silly penalties (some justified some i think have been a bit harsh. It seems these days at the start of matches the refs just target a team and an area and these penalties are giving teams so much extra ball in great field position )

We have been doing a lot if extra tackling in the first half and that is hurting us. But we still have the fitness to play to the 80th min. We are talking in D and the enthusiasm is there and the effort. Our fitness is good. Just have to play smarter! Give less penalties away. Less errors. Better 5th tackle options. Play better field position. I think the fowards have more staunch and go foward this year and better structure in D. Im not worried about fitness. We have it. Injuries suck and kets hope for no more serious ones.

We patch the players up. Get some time at practice with a full strength. Better recovery and fix the silly errors and starts and we have the team to be competitive in every game

We look flat for the most part due to not being able to combat/compete with harder running more powerful fresh forwards in the opening exchanges of each game.

The more we struggle in the impact the more risks we take trying to slow down the play the ball, the ensuing run of penalties and roll on this generates tends to dictate field position and reduced time in possession along with increased tackle counts and ineffective tired disorganized go forward.

Add the above with short turn arounds, a lack of ball-playing options/ structures in place and you get predictable performances that is going to struggle to keep a 50% win loss ratio.

There is effort, and there is improving first up contact but we are still way behind in the hard running power element.

If you lack power and good attacking structures the best you can hope for is playing for each other, increased effort and generate attacking options with offloads (harder to generate offloads if you are dominated in tackles and it becomes more high risk)

Cronulla don't run the best attacking structures, mostly very poor and way before the line but are improving their hard more direct running forward approach and generating offloads which offers opportunities to score with less structured or even simple plays.

Teams with a good balance of power and structure remain more composed under pressure making it easier to execute plays when it matters.

Roosters 2013, Souths 2014, Cowboys 2015 all heavily feature a power play element to their team makeup with half decent structures(Souths and Cowboys attacking structures are nothing special though compared to past Roosters,Manly and Melb structures that asked more questions)

Injuries are a mix of bad luck, improved off field management, physical composition/make up of the squad---i mean it does help the Cowboys that they tend to dominate other teams and make them absorb their power game not the other way around, minimizing injury also.
Good post mate. Good point about the opening 20mins. Its easily our biggest weakness. After than we are in the grind right up to our neck. But always chasing points. To be honest we are short 1 or 2 big name fowards but i like what i am seeing from vave afb and myles defence has been good for a plodder. Kapow is having a go and jake solid. I think the weak links are lussick and lawrence and starling and symonds but we have to do the best with what we have. No stupid penalties and errors in opening 20 mins. Better 5th tackle kicking.

Hi Ryan, that was a completely different post to previous ones indicating injuries are due to ferris.

Anyway, to answer your question. I think the starts have been killing us. We have made some silly errors and also have given away some silly penalties (some justified some i think have been a bit harsh. It seems these days at the start of matches the refs just target a team and an area and these penalties are giving teams so much extra ball in great field position )

We have been doing a lot if extra tackling in the first half and that is hurting us. But we still have the fitness to play to the 80th min. We are talking in D and the enthusiasm is there and the effort. Our fitness is good. Just have to play smarter! Give less penalties away. Less errors. Better 5th tackle options. Play better field position. I think the fowards have more staunch and go foward this year and better structure in D. Im not worried about fitness. We have it. Injuries suck and kets hope for no more serious ones.

We patch the players up. Get some time at practice with a full strength. Better recovery and fix the silly errors and starts and we have the team to be competitive in every game
The perception is our forwards struggle to contain so the bias going into the game is penalize everything that looks like Manly trying to illegally slow the play the ball down---other teams might be doing exactly the same thing and not get pinned as often("as often in the early stages") if the perception is "they usually dominate".

The perception is our forwards struggle to contain so the bias going into the game is penalize everything that looks like Manly trying to illegally slow the play the ball down---other teams might be doing exactly the same thing and not get pinned as often("as often in the early stages") if the perception is "they usually dominate".
We do have to play smarter. I get sometimes we are on the back foot and are trying our best to slow the play down. But putting a hand on the ball when the opposition player is already on their feet and its the 4th or 5th tackle is just dumb. I hate that penalty but we just have to cut it out. The refs are pinning that one on us too much. It doesn't really in affect slow it down that much and to do it on the 4th and 5th tackle is ludacris. Just inviting a team down our try line. We need to be smarter and back our D to hold on for one more tackle rather than giving a penalty away on half way when all the hard work was done

Refs will target later in the penalty count to punish teams who they perceive as pushing the limits too often or struggle in general to contain forward momentum in the hope the message gets across.

It's imperative that we control the ruck especially on tackle 3 so there should be increased effort in the tackle, numbers in the tackle and increased risk taking of slowing the play the ball in tackles 2 and 3.

A set composed defensive line ready for tackle 4 will result in usually a good acceptable outcome for tackle 5 which hopefully results in less risk taking of slowing down the play the ball in tackles 4 and 5.

Unless it's origin, a final, last 10 minutes, extra time. or lopsided penalty counts. It is mostly random or luck.
I'm talking about later in the tackle count not game, a 4th or 5th tackle penalty really hurts teams more than an earlier tackle due to gaining more metres before the penalty.

Three Things

1) My argument with Rex was because he abused a fellow poster for having an opinion, and questioned his right to have one, not because he had an opinion different to mine. This is why I call you a dribbler, get your facts right.
How I see it Woodsie, is that you had an argument with me because you were activated. You misrepresent what I said because you are activated. You need to lash out with insipid and childish name-calling because you are activated.

When Ralphie moralised about same-sex relationships, I challenged Ralphie, summed up with this question:

So explain to me how two people - irrespective of sex - loving each other adversely impacts you? Where's the harm to anyone else?

You latched onto a part of the intro to that challenge, simplistically misinterpreted it, and your emotions pulled your puppet strings into argument you are STILL raising some 5 weeks later. Why? Because you are activated. You run away from discussion of the substance. You run away from a ground rule of attacking the issue not the person. You run away from discussing this in the general forum or in private conversation - as per the request of the people who run this site.

Ryan has hit the nail on the head.

How I see it Woodsie, is that you had an argument with me because you were activated. You misrepresent what I said because you are activated. You need to lash out with insipid and childish name-calling because you are activated.

When Ralphie moralised about same-sex relationships, I challenged Ralphie, summed up with this question:

So explain to me how two people - irrespective of sex - loving each other adversely impacts you? Where's the harm to anyone else?

You latched onto a part of the intro to that challenge, simplistically misinterpreted it, and your emotions pulled your puppet strings into argument you are STILL raising some 5 weeks later. Why? Because you are activated. You run away from discussion of the substance. You run away from a ground rule of attacking the issue not the person. You run away from discussing this in the general forum or in private conversation - as per the request of the people who run this site.

Ryan has hit the nail on the head.

No Rex, stop trying to rewrite history. You challenged Ralphie with this unequavocable statement.

What right do you have to APPROVE or disapprove of someone else's sexual orientation? How arrogant is that? Are you God? Self-appointed moral police?

This is a direct attack on someone's right to have an opinion. Until you either retract or apologise, the 40 posts, and 50,000 words you have written trying to confuse or change the subject, are simply an evasion and irrelevant.

(you seem however to have convinced Ryan that our argument was over a difference of opinion, but we both know that he's not real bright.)

No worries @Woodsie . I'm not getting dragged down to that level again, sorry.

Keep throwing them out there. I think you've seen that others are a little over the petty squabbling, so do yourself a favor, and let it go mate. I saw you ripping into @Turbo last week as well, after your falling out with @Rex .

Each time it was because a poster dared to have a differing opinion than yours.

Just open your mind, and be more open and accepting of other people's thought's and mindset's. Or don't, either way, I won't be part of it any longer.

I am looking forward to the day when like adults we make up like you and Rex did, and you become my special little friend too.

Yeah, Nar... the dribbling would remain an issue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4