Flags and Banners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
here is the cake topper for the Push it ups

6475565413_1c61de17b1.jpg

PU****UP said:
“Guess What Manly Hates You Too”
That is my favourite sign

As for Push It Up Manly,I could tell you but everybody looks at it a different way so why spoil it...

2 posts and you have already given 3 likes...you bangkok whore ;).

vidmar said:

Which leads us in to the “My Garden Shed” which originally sung there - I first heard it being sung with any enthusiasm at Shark Park when we had that huge night in 2009 when we mobbed that South West corner of the ground (After trying for hours to find the trophy room in "Sharkies" - all we found was an empty cupboard...)

For some reason we had a huge showing of supporters that night (That was when it was freezing cold and there were those lads who went topless with M-A-N-L-Y on their chests in maroon face paint?) and footage of the group was seen on MWTV on the official site for the first time.

It was a huge night and I've since heard that the CSSC were blown away at how much better our support of the team was than theirs that night.

The Garden Shed song has since become very popular, is sung with “gusto” on the supporters bus when we first see the away teams ground and whilst not really making a lot of sense it does fit our profile as “Silvertails” (rightly or wrongly!)

It's a regular at games (but not every 5 seconds despite Cambos best efforts at Suncorp last season!!!)

The players were obviously curious as they asked about it when we joined them for drinks after the Warriors game in Auckland at Easter last year and loved it when the fans gave them a belting rendition of it!

It was 2008 Cronulla, about 6 weeks after we went to Canberra. The crowd/numbers were a huge surprise and you know when things are good when the ground announcer says "Come on Sharks fans, don't let the Manly fans drown you out!!" Those guys with the body paint were insane!! 10 - 15 degrees and no tops on!! That night was one of the best Metro away trips and it helped grow what is now the Sydney portion of the MWTS. Without that night, Vidmar probably wouldn't know who some of us are, and we'd still be travelling out to the games in a car or 2. So it was the beginning of something special that night and I think a lot of us could sense that. However, Canberra is where it all started for us personally (My Garden Shed etc.) and it's grown ever since :)

The cabinet search was a different night. I think it was the Trial in 2010 when it bucketed down torrential rain, the first night of the drum as well.

Cambo gets a bit out of control with the chants sometimes ;) But we love him.

Jono said:
PU****UP said:
“Guess What Manly Hates You Too”
That is my favourite sign

As for Push It Up Manly,I could tell you but everybody looks at it a different way so why spoil it...

2 posts and you have already given 3 likes...you bangkok whore ;).

vidmar said:

Which leads us in to the “My Garden Shed” which originally sung there - I first heard it being sung with any enthusiasm at Shark Park when we had that huge night in 2009 when we mobbed that South West corner of the ground (After trying for hours to find the trophy room in "Sharkies" - all we found was an empty cupboard...)

For some reason we had a huge showing of supporters that night (That was when it was freezing cold and there were those lads who went topless with M-A-N-L-Y on their chests in maroon face paint?) and footage of the group was seen on MWTV on the official site for the first time.

It was a huge night and I've since heard that the CSSC were blown away at how much better our support of the team was than theirs that night.

The Garden Shed song has since become very popular, is sung with “gusto” on the supporters bus when we first see the away teams ground and whilst not really making a lot of sense it does fit our profile as “Silvertails” (rightly or wrongly!)

It's a regular at games (but not every 5 seconds despite Cambos best efforts at Suncorp last season!!!)

The players were obviously curious as they asked about it when we joined them for drinks after the Warriors game in Auckland at Easter last year and loved it when the fans gave them a belting rendition of it!

It was 2008 Cronulla, about 6 weeks after we went to Canberra. The crowd/numbers were a huge surprise and you know when things are good when the ground announcer says "Come on Sharks fans, don't let the Manly fans drown you out!!" Those guys with the body paint were insane!! 10 - 15 degrees and no tops on!! That night was one of the best Metro away trips and it helped grow what is now the Sydney portion of the MWTS. Without that night, Vidmar probably wouldn't know who some of us are, and we'd still be travelling out to the games in a car or 2. So it was the beginning of something special that night and I think a lot of us could sense that. However, Canberra is where it all started for us personally (My Garden Shed etc.) and it's grown ever since :)

The cabinet search was a different night. I think it was the Trial in 2010 when it bucketed down torrential rain, the first night of the drum as well.

Cambo gets a bit out of control with the chants sometimes ;) But we love him.

Lol the trophy search was brilliant but not as funny as the leagues club security asking us why we were up there when we were walking to ground he gave us the 3rd degree. I was trying not to laugh and keep sayin mate we were looking for the trophy cabinet and the premierships :)

vidmar said:
That was funny. I had two Broncos friends that couldn't get tickets anywhere, so they got seats behind us (and a cpl rows in front of Cam). I warned them how it would pan out for them!, but they insisted.
Cam was giving it his all (as he does), after 10 minutes friend leans over and says , "does this bloke behind us quieten down at some stage?" (that was the edited version!)...I just smiled and gave her the "told ya so"reply.
Next day she text me and says,' that fkn garden shed song, I can't get it out of my head,and what the f does it mean??!!
And I will always associate the"Push it Up' banner with watching Jake mime the haka with his mauri rendition of push it up at the GF.
The young fella gets right into it, doesn't he?:D

Gees u clowns let's give a bloke **** for showing his passion. It's not like I've snuck alcohol on a supporters bus or anything.

Settle Cambo!

All in jest mate.

Jono, was it 2008 that Cronulla game - gee time flies!

I'd not seen those guys with the facepaint before but they were sitting in front of me on the supporters bus and asking where the Manly fans would be in the ground and next I saw them they were no tops and painted up.

Another funny part of that night was the "you're on Manly Turf" Tooheys coasters everywhere in the Sharkies Club.

Gotta say Cronulla was "Owned" that night.

After 20 years or whatever without a win down there (and that shellacking I watched a few years ago in a heritage round) I must admit I'm always up for that game and really really love it when we beat them!

vidmar said:
Another funny part of that night was the "you're on Manly Turf" Tooheys coasters everywhere in the Sharkies Club.

Gotta say Cronulla was "Owned" that night.

That's right, it was the same night. I'm always happy to claim the coaster shenanigans. Little story. The first time I saw those coasters I thought "where would be the best away game to take these and piss off the supporters? Ohhh, Cronulla!!" Leagues Club is next door to the ground so it was easily the best place as there was no doubting whose club it was. The group loved it, we collected the coasters and went to the game. Little did we know that when we walked into the ground after doing all this that there'd be 2000+ Manly fans down there. We must have all been thinking that there was going to be something special about that game. Will never forget it.

Some of the ideas the rest of the crew thought of about putting them in places was what made it even funnier. The one placed under the emergency exit map was great!!

I love Cronulla away (sucks its on a Monday this year), and Canberra away (sucks we aren't playing them away this year either). The rest really don't even compare (in Sydney anyways)

The question's gotta be any new ones debuting next season?

Would love to see this for the Dogs game:

You took half our coaching staff and your sides still ****

...and to all you bulldog trolls sniffing around here, I hope you all have a ****ty xmas, get nothing you want and the new year brings you a wooden spoon and a severe flogging by the Eagles.

Earnie the Eagle said:
...and to all you bulldog trolls sniffing around here, I hope you all have a ****ty xmas, get nothing you want and the new year brings you a wooden spoon and a severe flogging by the Eagles.
Seconded.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Yep, Santa's an Eagle, all they've got is Grinchberg.

Jethro said:
Jono said:
The Push It Up Manly banner came from a little chant that one of our mates on the hill started. A couple of his mates had the sign made up for him and the rest is history.

But the big question is, push what up and where? Don't take offense but in my opinion, for someone not in the know, the banner looks ridiculous without knowing it's meaning. You say it comes from a little chant well maybe if you tell us what the chant is then that may help to understand the banner's meaning too. Your help in the clarification of the banner's meaning would be appreciative.

Stevo said:
Push it up is self explanitory

I beg to differ

Yesterday I went to the NSW Cup trial against Wests. Thought of this thread when I heard the players on our team yelling to each other a few times to "Push It Up" when in attack.

Additionally, a few guys near me who I from what I overheard are mates with some of those playing, at one stage yelled out "Push It Up' when we were attacking.

Just thought I'd mention it for those who find the Push It Up sign perplexing.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7