Flegg side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Interesting side this weekend,very selective in who they have brought into the side(from our Ball side).You might have thought that they would have brought in the big guns.I am thinking that the Under 18 game for SOO is on this weekend and our 6 guys(Weekes,Schuster,Tuitavake,Fainu,Trbojevic and Fotu)who are in the NSW squad are unavailable.Keegan Turner is playing at fullbackJack Birt is playing at hooker,Lawler is playing off the bench and Giuseppe Plati a middle forward is playing (potentially) off the bench.Good to see who helps this side develop after a few weeks of byes....Go you good things put a gap in em.....

Interesting side this weekend,very selective in who they have brought into the side(from our Ball side).You might have thought that they would have brought in the big guns.I am thinking that the Under 18 game for SOO is on this weekend and our 6 guys(Weekes,Schuster,Tuitavake,Fainu,Trbojevic and Fotu)who are in the NSW squad are unavailable.Keegan Turner is playing at fullbackJack Birt is playing at hooker,Lawler is playing off the bench and Giuseppe Plati a middle forward is playing (potentially) off the bench.Good to see who helps this side develop after a few weeks of byes....Go you good things put a gap in em.....

Thanks Smokin'. I will be very interested in how this Flegg side goes once the other 6 are added. One would think it would turn the side's fortunes around big time.

Unfortunately, it does appear to have helped much, as they lost 44-10.

The Flegg side won its first game against the highly placed Norths Bears. Noted Birt and Ben Trbojevic in the side.
Highly placed!!? NS is on 1 point and we just jumped over them. I’ll take it though. There’s still another 4 of the best Ball players to come into the team so they’ll only improve.

Highly placed!!? NS is on 1 point and we just jumped over them. I’ll take it though. There’s still another 4 of the best Ball players to come into the team so they’ll only improve.

I think I was looking at the wrong table. Where's my glasses. You are quite right Bradza. Got a lot of catching up to do but you ae right about a few more coming up from the Ball side. Should be an interesting turn around (hopefully) in this comp. Would be quite a turnaround if this side made the finals and then won it. Wouldn't that be a news item.

Flegg side beat St George 21-20. Field goal in the last minute.
That's 2 wins in a row. 9 points off 8th spot.
Last week beat the Bears who are last. This week beat a top 8 side. Next week up against 3rd place Easts.

I wonder if they will chance Schuster in this side. That would put the cats among the pigeons with Fainu ad Ben T already there.

So did Schuster and Weekes get called
Up to U/20’s -Flegg ??

So did Schuster and Weekes get called
Up to U/20’s -Flegg ??
No.Schuster might be injured,not sure,but doubt that Weekes or Fotu will be called up to Flegg this year(who knows..).Both moved up from Matthews this year and are still eligible for Ball next year so maybe wont see them in Flegg this year.Turner,Tito,Trbojevic,Lawler,Fulton and Fainu(last 2 off the bench)all played and are from our Ball side,all 4 tries were scored by our Ball players and all goals as well(BT and Fainu).All points bar the FG were scored by Ball players who moved up.It also helped that new buy Saddler and captain Ott played (first game for Ott as he has been playing CC all year)
Self edit,don't think Ott is captain at the moment as has not been playing,Fenn was captain and I think Titmuss is the new captain.

Last edited:
Flegg side up against Penrith at the moment. Down 8-0 after 14 minutes.
Looking forward to next year as the team will be strengthened a bit with some Ball Cup players.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8