For Manly Sea Eagles fans, now is the winter of our discontent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
...He took too long to get to the point. I stopped reading.
I did, however, read the part where "every team has injuries".
Is he serious ? No side (not even Penrith) have anything like our injury toll.
He was making a point about the importance of coaching and just doing the simple things right. Take Melbourne for example. Every player knows their role and are well coached and well drilled and set very high standards. They (like us in previous years) are able to turn the avg joe blow foot baller into NRL standard. He also made a point it wasn't losing glen that hurt us so much, but the simple, no nonsense forwards like Joe G and Kitey and co. Who use to lay a platform

He also mentioned he felt a bit sorry for Toovey as he has only about 8 fit nrl players in his current side. (The rest being nsw cup standard) and the team that will win this year's comp will be the one with the least injuries

He's a wanker

Manly fan or not, that piece was complete dribble. He'd have been better just submitting bullet points.

Look i'm over the injury excuse.With the players we have on paper even with a few we have out we still should be above the canberras,gold coasts,cronullas.

Really? This is the level we are at now?
Agree the level of comments about people expressing their opinion is dragging this forum down , cheap shots from people hiding behind keyboards. I love this site its a place where Manly supporters can discuss the Manly football team with other supporters something we take for granted lets not spoil it.

Maybe the truth hurts somewhat ? Knox is a Manly fan and he has nailed some of our issues quite well in that article.

Maybe the truth hurts somewhat ? Knox is a Manly fan and he has nailed some of our issues quite well in that article.
Exactly how many times in the past have we been frustrated by the lack of a quality back up goal kicker?!?! e.g. DCE & Matai not even practising; frustrated by our inability to set up for field goals during crunch moments in games etc.

Exactly how many times in the past have we been frustrated by the lack of a quality back up goal kicker?!?! e.g. DCE & Matai not even practising; frustrated by our inability to set up for field goals during crunch moments in games etc.

Agree, over the last couple of seasons we had really close games, losing by 1 or 2 points. That should have highlighted that any chance where points on offer should be taken. We have still used the same goal kicker, who has been steadily missing conversion attempts with no back up plan if he is unavailable. I honestly had someone ask me after the rd 3 bulldogs game when killer was ruled out "who's your backup?" i just shrugged my shoulders as i honestly didn't know. Matai and DCE confirmed that game there was no back up plan and i hate 'ifs' but had 2 or more been converted that game we might have won that game and have been 2-1.

Tooves is a good coach (and i will always back him) but i agree with the article that the 1-2% are as important as ever with the comp being as tight as it is. There should be a dedicated kicking coach just focusing on conversions, line drop outs and drop kicks. Johns might be a halves coach but not a kicking coach and not working with an extended squad. There should be pretty much the whole backline trained to be competent so that there are options if players are injured etc.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7