foran to salford......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dane Chisholm or Kayne Lawton will get first crack if either of our halves go down injured. More than covers the loss of Liam Foran. Foran is no doubt gonna miss being a pest on the Shark Bar dance floor level on the weekends.

Mauro would have struggled to get game time this year with some new props impressing early.

joeboy said:
And apparently another to be cut next week.

From the top 25. Any guesses?

Tony Williams??? (Remembering he is still being partialy paid by us this year and is therefore counted in our squad).

Seriously though...a forward maybe?

Best wishes to Mauro & LForan

Moondog said:
Brissie Kid said:
But the increasing value of the Australian dollar, coupled with UK clubs' battle for survival, has negated the threat of the NRL's biggest stars being lost to Super League.

Former Canterbury fullback Luke Patten and ex-Kiwi Test utility Vinnie Anderson are owed an estimated $60,000 each by cash-strapped Salford.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/english-rugby-league-clubs-drowning-in-104m-debt/story-e6frfgbo-1226566212494

The Courier-Mail
February 01, 2013 1
Does'nt sound good. Vic and Liam better ask to see the money before they sign anything.

The UK also changed their tax laws a few years ago making the trip to Superleague not as financially beneficial as it was previously.

Masked Eagle said:
Moondog said:
Brissie Kid said:
But the increasing value of the Australian dollar, coupled with UK clubs' battle for survival, has negated the threat of the NRL's biggest stars being lost to Super League.

Former Canterbury fullback Luke Patten and ex-Kiwi Test utility Vinnie Anderson are owed an estimated $60,000 each by cash-strapped Salford.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/english-rugby-league-clubs-drowning-in-104m-debt/story-e6frfgbo-1226566212494

The Courier-Mail
February 01, 2013 1
Does'nt sound good. Vic and Liam better ask to see the money before they sign anything.

The UK also changed their tax laws a few years ago making the trip to Superleague not as financially beneficial as it was previously.

Yeah it wouldn't be worth it for stars to go over, but guys on smaller contracts in the bottom half of the top 25 at each club would probably do better in England.

Classic Courier Mail journalism above - the big news in UK RL on 31 Jan was the purchase of Salford by Marwan Koukash. They must have missed it.

Hmmmm, we are clearing cap space. Looks like the rumours I heard about us making a play for Paul Gallen might be true.

(You there Phil?)

On a serious note good luck to Liam and Vic. They both served us well. I would have liked us to have kept both of them but unfortunately we can't keep them all.

Good luck to both players. Both played to their best ability in the maroon-and-white and deserve to do well financially from the sport.

MadMarcus said:
Hmmmm, we are clearing cap space. Looks like the rumours I heard about us making a play for Paul Gallen might be true

Not Gallen. But a good a one none the less :p
My lips are sealed.

I posted on here about four months ago that Keith galloway had agreed verbally.

That the one you are hearing bones?

Side note, did vic or liam ever score atry in firsts? I can't recall, butihope they did.

Vic scored a try for Manly in 2009 against the Dragons
Liam never ended up scoring a point for us

Lawton and Chisolm offer more flare in attack - Liam was great in defence when he got his chances in first grade along with Mauro he was very reliable and make few mistakes. Hope we dont end up regretting letting them go.

Ryan said:
Foran, Mauro, Robinson, Harrison, Lussick, Whare, Oldfield & T Williams.
Wow.

Chee Kam, Horo, Tonga, Lawton, Lawrence, Fa'aoso ,Hasson, Gower, Hiku, Sao, Chisholm and Gagan.

bones said:
Ryan said:
Foran, Mauro, Robinson, Harrison, Lussick, Whare, Oldfield & T Williams.
Wow.

Chee Kam, Horo, Tonga, Lawton, Lawrence, Fa'aoso ,Hasson, Gower, Hiku, Sao, Chisholm and Gagan.

+ others that will step up from lower grades.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8