Foran to sign with Eels - announcement imminent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what when you tell the right person to settle. Or when you pull ryan and many others up I won't be offended and I'll pipe down. But all I've got so far other than fellow gen y'ers is a bunch of people trying to defend these ****ty stereotypes. It's a load of **** by people with uninformed uneducated opinions who have generalized a couple of people into an entire generation in a way which is disrespectful and insulting. I would kill to have been born 20-30 years before I was but that is completely outside my control so don't try to tell people how they are based on when they're born. Open your eyes gen y have copped it and we're sick of it. Wages have remained stagnant and housing prices are ridiculously overinflated and continuing to grow faster than wages. We haven't caused any of the problems the world currently faces yet we will be tasked with picking up the pieces

It's exceptionally frustrating
It seems you have the pulse of the Australian economy, good for you.

As an employer, I see all sorts of people come across my desk looking for work and I have no "predetermined" view of anyone but i can tell you, all this Generation stuff is pretty close to the mark. The best person for the role gets the role, simple as that.

To take offense because you are "categorized" in a generation really sums up your argument!

Bolt a pair of large frame turbos to 'em and hold the f*ck on!!

More of a super charger man myself. I want that immediate surge of momentarily, out of this world power!! Go the Holden V8!!!!

Of course, with the price of fuel and all, it may be cheaper to get the penis enlargement. LOL!!!

More of a super charger man myself. I want that immediate surge of momentarily, out of this world power!! Go the Holden V8!!!!

Of course, with the price of fuel and all, it may be cheaper to get the penis enlargement. LOL!!!

Lol yeah then again NA and mega revs FTW ;)

You can thank the lord there are Boomers so you Gen Y's have something to inherit , unless of course we spend it before you little turds get your greasy hands on it!!

Lol

PS: hey @lurker im not that bad really, just taking the piss!!

It seems you have the pulse of the Australian economy, good for you.

As an employer, I see all sorts of people come across my desk looking for work and I have no "predetermined" view of anyone but i can tell you, all this Generation stuff is pretty close to the mark. The best person for the role gets the role, simple as that.

To take offense because you are "categorized" in a generation really sums up your argument!
It's good that you take that approach I wish more organisations did. I'm offended at the implications of that categorization like all discrimination and insular thinking. i have an excellent work ethic. I work multiple jobs, have multiple degrees, and in my experience there is significant discrimination based on age in work places especially in government. People carry stereotypes and prejudices that can be hard to deal with. And the stuff that ryan posted which triggered all this is rubbish. Personality to a large degree is predetermined. No one generation has more or less of different personality types. Upbringing also plays a part and my parents instilled a strong work ethic in me. To say the era in which you were born determines those things doesn't sit well with me. I've worked with plenty of boomers who have horrible work ethics and let everyone else carry them

You can thank the lord there are Boomers so you Gen Y's have something to inherit , unless of course we spend it before you little turds get your greasy hands on it!!

Lol

PS: hey @lurker im not that bad really, just taking the piss!!
spend it you earned it I fully expect to inherit nothing. It's just ironic that we are considered entitled yet most know despite our parents inheriting we are likely to not. In addition the odds of anyone earning an aged pension not that I personally ever intend to need it is almost non existent. The retirement age will be 90 by the time I retire

spend it you earned it I fully expect to inherit nothing. It's just ironic that we are considered entitled yet most know despite our parents inheriting we are likely to not. In addition the odds of anyone earning an aged pension not that I personally ever intend to need it is almost non existent. The retirement age will be 90 by the time I retire

I don't disagree with you, seriously im just trying to lighten the mood on here , after the last 48 hours it needs it!!

Whatever I have I earned , my parents gave me a great moral and ethical start in life but despite coming from a reasonably well off family I started life earning $45 a week, a decent wage in 1973.

I just got a bit lucky, took a risk, started a business , got a good accountant and did something my mates didn't do.

Every cent I could bank and put in my super I did.

I didn't have the biggest house , the newest car, a big boat I just plonked as much as I could away each year for 40 years .

And I assure you I'm going to enjoy it!!

Still whinging.

Nice english language sentence there ! Multiple degrees lol.
My apologies that my hastily written sentence wasn't eloquent enough for you jatz. You don't know me and I hadn't said anything about you until you took a personal shot at me. I would appreciate you not labeling me considering you know nothing about me which was the crux of what irritated me about this thread in the first place. In future I will ensure I use appropriate grammar to satisfy your highness.

In future I will ensure I use appropriate grammar to satisfy your highness.

OK. That would be good.

And just to make sure you dont take anything I say too personally I am going to insert one of those little emotional thingies to ensure its all light & breezy.

@:cool:

Thread locked as the content has moved away from the thread title subject matter and doesn't look like getting back any time soon. If people wish to continue with their 'Generation Boomer/x/y/etc' discussion, please start a thread in the 'General Discussion' forum and carry on. If you do then if you wish, I can transfer all of that discussion in this thread over to that thread. For those who wish to have this thread re-opened to discuss the thread title subject matter then let me know and I will re-open it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7