Forget Rothfield, your Round 1 team and why??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Richie Fa'aoso
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Joe Galuvao

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Ben Farrer
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Justin Horo
15. Richie Fa'aoso
16. George Rose
17. Vic Mauro

Wolfman and Buhrer injured. I cant believe people are dismissing George and Vic. We won a premiership with major contributions from those 2, in the GF particularly, just a year ago.

Both had good stints in reggies last year though. And last year we didn't have Fa'aoso or Lawrence.

Look I think you can see the likes of fasoso, Lawrence where signed in the short term. The next few years the likes of chee kam, Sao, hiku and gutherson will be here long term. If this gutherson is good then do not blood him until he is on a long term deal. If injuries come about the. Farrar, gagan and hiku are to cover. We got done with hoppa don't won't a repeat.

You have to laugh, this time last year we were talking about our "P Plate CEO and our L Plate Talent Scount" and how were we going to survive without Ha$ler and Cleal....and this year we are sitting back saying "how good is our depth...and how smart are some of those buys (especially the one year ones that will probably feed into some movement / retirement in 2014 allowing for a big name or two buy).

The two Dave's (Perry and Warwick) have bloody excelled themselves and whilst we may not be "top 2 material" we are certainly top 8 and potentially top 4.

And this is even with the loss of T-Dog / Whare and Oldfield.

For me at least, exciting times ahead.

TimandTom said:
I've said it before, and i'll say it again... I think Stromquist would be a great addition to the bench. I hope he gets a look at our club! I'd hate to see him become a star at another club, knowing he is a local junior from the great Asquith Club and also was a member of our great NYC team of a few years back. Just would really hate to see him lost.

TandT Do you know if Stromquist was in the full time training squad. he isn't listed on MWSE in the NRL team.

Mark from Brisbane said:
You have to laugh, this time last year we were talking about our "P Plate CEO and our L Plate Talent Scount" and how were we going to survive without Ha$ler and Cleal....and this year we are sitting back saying "how good is our depth...and how smart are some of those buys (especially the one year ones that will probably feed into some movement / retirement in 2014 allowing for a big name or two buy).

The two Dave's (Perry and Warwick) have bloody excelled themselves and whilst we may not be "top 2 material" we are certainly top 8 and potentially top 4.

And this is even with the loss of T-Dog / Whare and Oldfield.

For me at least, exciting times ahead.

Dare say that Toovs may have had a slight influence on recruitment as well.

I agree. Warwick has done a marvellous job of recruiting the cream of the NYC and a number of solid and talented older gents. I assume Toovey had some say in this and he needs therefore to share the accolades.

Early days but I've got a feeling Toovey may surprise us all in respect of his coaching ability. I may be overstating his case here, but he has done remarkably well since taking over in such a short time and I'm wondering, just like with the Hodkinson-Cherry-Evans issue, which club got the better deal.

Manly 2013
PREMIERS

1/ B Stewart
2/ J Taufua
3/ J Lyon (c)
4/ S Matai
5/ D Williams
6/ K Foran
7/ D Cherry Evans
8/ J King (c)
9/ M Ballin
10/ B Kite
11/ A Watmough
12/ J Galuvao
13/ G Stewart

14/ G Rose
15/ J Buhrer
16/ J Horo
17/ L Sao

Manly til i die said:
Manly 2013
PREMIERS

1/ B Stewart
2/ J Taufua
3/ J Lyon (c)
4/ S Matai
5/ D Williams
6/ K Foran
7/ D Cherry Evans
8/ J King (c)
9/ M Ballin
10/ B Kite
11/ A Watmough
12/ J Galuvao
13/ G Stewart

14/ G Rose
15/ J Buhrer
16/ J Horo
17/ L Sao

Now 'Manly till I die' is this a hoped for team and season result or are you a legitimate prognosticator. I've dabbled in the tea leaves and chicken entrails myself now and then but the only prediction I can come up with is that I'll have unclean hands by the end of the process.

But I hope your predictions are sound, though I would like to see some of the young guns get a bit of a run in achieving your foreseen outcome.

Bearfax said:
Manly til i die said:
Manly 2013
PREMIERS

1/ B Stewart
2/ J Taufua
3/ J Lyon (c)
4/ S Matai
5/ D Williams
6/ K Foran
7/ D Cherry Evans
8/ J King (c)
9/ M Ballin
10/ B Kite
11/ A Watmough
12/ J Galuvao
13/ G Stewart

14/ G Rose
15/ J Buhrer
16/ J Horo
17/ L Sao

Now 'Manly till I die' is this a hoped for team and season result or are you a legitimate prognosticator. I've dabbled in the tea leaves and chicken entrails myself now and then but the only prediction I can come up with is that I'll have unclean hands by the end of the process.

But I hope your predictions are sound, though I would like to see some of the young guns get a bit of a run in achieving your foreseen outcome.

Umm...come again??

Manly til i die said:
Bearfax said:
Manly til i die said:
Manly 2013
PREMIERS

1/ B Stewart
2/ J Taufua
3/ J Lyon (c)
4/ S Matai
5/ D Williams
6/ K Foran
7/ D Cherry Evans
8/ J King (c)
9/ M Ballin
10/ B Kite
11/ A Watmough
12/ J Galuvao
13/ G Stewart

14/ G Rose
15/ J Buhrer
16/ J Horo
17/ L Sao

Umm...come again??

Are you a fortune teller or are you just guessing what team Manly will use to win the premiership. Like to think you're a fortune teller then I wont have to go through the anxiety of a full season of ups and downs in order to achieve an outcome that has been preordained. Makes life much more comfortable when you know the outcome dont you think?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2