Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No, not at all , just think he’s been very harshly treated on here by many.

A great example is the vilification that he only ran 30 metres last game compared to Lodge.

The guy played 13 minutes.

Didn’t miss a tackle , had 3 runs but yes only ran for 30 metres.

Lodge , who was fantastic , I think played 45 minutes and ran 112 metres.

I get he’s no superstar , I get he’s being picked because there’s no one else , but for **** sake , he’s passionate and doing his best.

I just wish many of the other pea hearts would do the same.
I think the criticism is more at the coaching staff rather than Woods, well from me anyway.
For a guy who is on the wrong side of 30 he's doing what's required for the sort of money he's on.
Although it doesn't seem to add up as to why he's been utilised for what many believe is probably more suited for a young up and comer.
Coaches roll the dice on a kid for that cheap if they have potential and you only sign an older guy like that if they have some sort of leadership qualities that is intangible.

But Mark...

Woods was selected over Bullemore against the Sharks.

Woods was selected over Keppie against the Cowboys.

Woods was selected over Samuela against the Storm (as a fkn lock forward), Cowboys, Sharks and Dragons.

Please stop skimming over this fact by continuing to assert he is the only option in our top seventeen. It is so annoying.
In YOUR opinion it’s annoying , it’s NOT in mine!!

In YOUR opinion it’s annoying , it’s NOT in mine!!
Calm down mate. You keep posting that Woods is only being selected because we don't have anyone else and that is factually erroneous. I have pointed this out to you multiple times but you just ignore the fact. That is what I find annoying, not your love of Aaron Woods.

Another really good ( and I don’t mean Tino ) prop would be great and perhaps not signing at least two of , Keppie , Sipley , Woods might do that.

We are stuck with AOA, a Fulton signing , think he has another year at $600k

So another really good Prop , if one is available, would be great , with one of the 3 mentioned above signed for another year purely as injury backup.
Aloiai is signed until the end of 2025, as is Sipley. Keppie signed until end of 2026.

You’d think we’d nearly have to pay some of their freight to get one (or two) of them off our books.

Keppie would be the most likely to attract other offers, but damn that’s a long time left on his contract….

Aloiai is signed until the end of 2025, as is Sipley. Keppie signed until end of 2026.

You’d think we’d nearly have to pay some of their freight to get one (or two) of them off our books.

Keppie would be the most likely to attract other offers, but damn that’s a long time left on his contract….
You would have to assume Aloai would have to start hitting some form in the last year of his contract in order to score his next payday, he will be almost 30 and I would assume Super League will be his next stop because I can't see any other team taking him.

Another really good ( and I don’t mean Tino ) prop would be great and perhaps not signing at least two of , Keppie , Sipley , Woods might do that.

We are stuck with AOA, a Fulton signing , think he has another year at $600k

So another really good Prop , if one is available, would be great , with one of the 3 mentioned above signed for another year purely as injury backup.
Siebold recently re signed both Sipley and Keppie which will make it difficult to move either player on without paying some of their contract. It is rumoured he wants to extend Woods.

Siebold recently re signed both Sipley and Keppie which will make it difficult to move either player on without paying some of their contract. It is rumoured he wants to extend Woods.
I'll give Woods this, his post contact meters are really good and he's improving with every game.

I'll give Woods this, his post contact meters are really good and he's improving with every game.
Post contact metres can be a little misleading though. When the game was a wrestle, they were valuable commodity but most of the effective forwards in today’s game poke their nose through , find their front and quickly play the ball. The days of slowly dragging defenders with you for an extra 5m as they slowly peel off, gives the opposition defence time to set their line.

Post contact metres can be a little misleading though. When the game was a wrestle, they were valuable commodity but most of the effective forwards in today’s game poke their nose through , find their front and quickly play the ball. The days of slowly dragging defenders with you for an extra 5m as they slowly peel off, gives the opposition defence time to set their line.
Maybe so LC, but at least the defenders are peeling off him going forward than peeling off him being pushed backwards.

Calm down mate. You keep posting that Woods is only being selected because we don't have anyone else and that is factually erroneous. I have pointed this out to you multiple times but you just ignore the fact. That is what I find annoying, not your love of Aaron Woods.
You calm down, you’ve been frothing about Woods ever since we signed him & before that you were frothing about Seibold.

You’re totally wrong & pathetic - just my opinion bra, don’t take any offence just because I think your opinion is dumb, salty & immature, mmkay?

You calm down, you’ve been frothing about Woods ever since we signed him & before that you were frothing about Seibold.

You’re totally wrong & pathetic - just my opinion bra, don’t take any offence just because I think your opinion is dumb, salty & immature, mmkay?
😂😂😂😂

Oh dear , you’ll be in trouble !

In relation to Woodsie getting picked all the time , clearly the football department see things that some on here don’t agree with.

But even if they disagree , I don’t get the angst against Woods , he’s a footballer , with a contract , and gets told on Tuesday he’s playing , so he turns up.

Their vitriol is being wrongly spewed , their issue should be with the football department, they are the ones doing the choosing , he’s just trying to do his job.

As to him being chosen to play over say young Fainu, again , is that Aaron’s decision or the football department??

I have said many , many times , I’m no Aaron Woods “ super fan “ but I do intensely dislike the vitriol and hate towards him.

In recent years Lachlan Croker has faced the same issues on here , but again the football department obviously sees more in him than many of the experts on here.

And Que the responses to this in 3,2,1

Bra? Are you trying to be Kobe, Jai, or Sonny? Because a lefty from Mona Vale doesn't quite work, they breed them tough over in Maroubra sweetheart.

And if you are replying to my previous post you need to divide opinion from fact. Old MFB has reiterated many times that Woods is only in the seventeen because we don't have anyone else. That is factually incorrect when put forward as an argument to justify why Sharon is being selected.

It's very easy to understand.

My opinion on Woods and Spoony is obviously just an opinion. So by all means, rip in and tear my views apart until your heart is content. That's what forum debate is all about. But it helps to keep things on track when we learn how to divide opinion from fact.

Have a lovely day Mona Vale!

In relation to Woodsie getting picked all the time , clearly the football department see things that some on here don’t agree with.

But even if they disagree , I don’t get the angst against Woods , he’s a footballer , with a contract , and gets told on Tuesday he’s playing , so he turns up.

Their vitriol is being wrongly spewed , their issue should be with the football department, they are the ones doing the choosing , he’s just trying to do his job.

As to him being chosen to play over say young Fainu, again , is that Aaron’s decision or the football department??

I have said many , many times , I’m no Aaron Woods “ super fan “ but I do intensely dislike the vitriol and hate towards him.

In recent years Lachlan Croker has faced the same issues on here , but again the football department obviously sees more in him than many of the experts on here.

And Que the responses to this in 3,2,1
I agree wholeheartedly regarding Croker.

I also agree that the coach is the one who picks Woods over Bullemore, Keppie, and Fainu.

I don't think referring to our coach as Spoony is a big deal. After all, he claimed Brisbane's first wooden spoon and has made some very strange selection calls. It's a real stretch to label that as being fuelled by hatred or somehow vitriolic.

I also don't agree that calling Woodsy Sharon is hatred either. If you google Sharon Woods it will become apparent that the moniker has been widely used when referring to Aaron for years. I don't rate his performances either and would much prefer it idf Spoony selected someone else. But that is just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10