Four Nations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran on the left and DCE on the right, just like the boob twerking vids they do great things individually but they are so much better together

ManlyMit said:
Any news on DCEs injury??

Scans in Brisbane today revealed Holden Kangaroos player Daly Cherry-Evans suffered a minor hip muscle tear during last night’s Four Nations match against New Zealand.

Cherry-Evans’s recovery will continue to be monitored by the Holden Kangaroos’ medical staff, but he remains a chance of playing against England at Melbourne’s AAMI Park next Sunday.

Ralphie said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Current value
Foran $700k
DCE $1.99

;)

I'm glad you're not on our retention committee :p

Both already have offers exceeding $1 million per season.

Foz went went well & as has been said earlier - good to see him happy.

Sid's defence is a concern. 15 orher NRL coaches saw the 1st two Kiwi tries. You don't have to be a genius to know he will be targeted non-stop next year.

Last couple of months he's coughed up alot of dropped ball (handling errors) and kicking game has been average.

I love DCE but Foz ain't worth $650k a year and at present, Sid's worth half that.

Cronk, Thuston, Cam Smith, Slater, Ingliss, SBW, Hayne, Matt Scott & Ingliss bros (albeit different posis) still setting the standard.

Just being honest. Bit of hard work and he'll
bounce back.

Still, lookin' forward to 2015 though.

cheers & push it up Manly.

Cherry has always been a pretty reliable defender, i think hes in need of a good rest, physically and mentally. Thought he was going to have a big 4 nations though!!

Foran playing great was in fact a slap in the face for us, not something to rave about.Where was that hunger in the last 6 weeks when were on the ropes.And I don't buy that rubbish he was playing behind a beaten pack.His trademark has ALWAYS been his involvement in the tough stuff no matter what and quite simply he wasn't involved.
Blind Freddy knows that he is an elite player and that he is definitely a must keep BUT if and only if he wants to play for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

ManlyMit said:
Cherry has always been a pretty reliable defender, i think hes in need of a good rest, physically and mentally. Thought he was going to have a big 4 nations though!!

Time to rest cherry, send him home now please sheens. Dce defended really well all year for manly right of the ruck. Sheens had him on the left. Maybe dce has a better side for tackling,

The two matches showed us that Australia's reign as the supreme RL power is getting close to ending - provided Polynesian players chose to play for their homeland. Samoa would have beaten us, and they, Tonga and Fiji will only continue to improve if the International RL Board financially rewards those Polynesian players who are competing in the NRL for playing for their homeland.

I have to agree with a previous post.

Putting aside the fact that he only played 35 minutes on Saturday night, the main difference between Foz and Cherry was one played behind a forward moving, enthusiastic pack. The other played behind a well beaten pack (plus was playing out of position).

One thing I also noticed is that in the tests and origins that he has played, Cherry has generally had to play second fiddle to established others (i.e. Thurston and Cronk). By that I mean that his instructions seem to be that he's nothing more than a link to the backs and that the play making is left to the others. Not trying to make excuses but his game is to be the play maker and coaches like Meninga and Sheens are kinda suffocating him. But at the same time I can see why they're having Cronk and JT lead since they've been there, done that so many times. His time will come though and soon enough he's going to be the Qld and Kangaroo halfback, the one calling the shots.

And I have no problem with his defence. Cherry is normally a very strong defender.

susan said:
Foran playing great was in fact a slap in the face for us, not something to rave about.Where was that hunger in the last 6 weeks when were on the ropes.And I don't buy that rubbish he was playing behind a beaten pack.His trademark has ALWAYS been his involvement in the tough stuff no matter what and quite simply he wasn't involved.
Blind Freddy knows that he is an elite player and that he is definitely a must keep BUT if and only if he wants to play for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Spot on Susan!

I said in the other four nations thread that I massively fancy our chances on toppling Australia. We know we can match New Zealand, I'm not sure in the past that all 17 who pull on the white English jersey believe they have the Australian's number, until now.

At the risk of egg landing on my face, I would be fearful. I have a feeling that Melbourne 1992 is upon us once more. I'm flying out on Friday, can't wait to see our boys rep against the Green & Gold. Should be a cracking match up.

LeedsSeaEagle said:
I said in the other four nations thread that I massively fancy our chances on toppling Australia. We know we can match New Zealand, I'm not sure in the past that all 17 who pull on the white English jersey believe they have the Australian's number, until now.

At the risk of egg landing on my face, I would be fearful. I have a feeling that Melbourne 1992 is upon us once more. I'm flying out on Friday, can't wait to see our boys rep against the Green & Gold. Should be a cracking match up.

Enjoy your time in Aust!

Hint: None of us actually find 'convict' jokes insulting....and we don't drink fosters.

It will be interesting for sure. You guys had a bit of rust v samoa and they had 3 players suspended. Aust had 10 out of 13 out and then lost dce and inglis but hopefully our rust will be gone as well and it'll be a really hard fought match!

Party on!

globaleagle said:
LeedsSeaEagle said:

Enjoy your time in Aust!

Hint: None of us actually find 'convict' jokes insulting....and we don't drink fosters.

It will be interesting for sure. You guys had a bit of rust v samoa and they had 3 players suspended. Aust had 10 out of 13 out and then lost dce and inglis but hopefully our rust will be gone as well and it'll be a really hard fought match!

Party on!

I'm sure I will, my friend!

Ha - at the same token I would like to think I could come up with some banter a bit better than the original boring old crap.

I think both sides had a bit of rust. We'll certainly have our strongest 13 out on Sunday. We know we can dominate your pack. Our weak links are Smith at 7 and Tomkins at 1 (Hardaker would be a better option IMO). If this was on English soil I would say England by 10, yet we're notorious struggler's outside of our small island. England need to lead by 10 with 10 to go otherwise I don't we have the mentality to close/grind out the game.

Either way, it should be a brilliant advertisement for the international game.

Good luck to both sides.

Eagle1306 said:
Yes, and Cherry played crap which only goes to confirm his great love for our club.
As for Hiku, I'm lost for words. His classy display was an obvious spit in the eye for Manly. Disgraceful behaviour!

Didnt mention DCE or Hiku so irrelevant.

If you think Foran was committed to the cause in those last 6 weeks for us then you watched a different game. His form was good most of the year until he spat the dummy with Toovey,wasnt sighted for us when the whips were cracking, then was great in the test.Great player,just needs to decide which team he wants to play for.

DCE been given up until kickoff (apparently) to prove his fitness.

Manly glasses firmly on head = don't play!

Congrats DCE! - Back in Sydney now for arrival of 2nd child. Stay here mate and rest up with your family and be fit and firing for 2015.

This Sunday is do or die for the Kangaroos, which is why Sheens is giving Cherry as long as possible to recover. We need our best team available on the park. I think the plan for Ben Hunt was to use him only for the game against Samoa.

Personally, I hope Cherry plays, doesn't re-injure himself and has an absolute blinder in leading us to victory.

Just on the Kiwi try that Cherry got blamed for bad defence on Saturday.....for mine that was mostly Ryan Hoffman on his inside being lazy and letting Lewis Brown get on his outside that let him in to score. Because of Hoffman's laziness, Cherry (who was sliding left) had to try and step back to his right to stop Brown who was moving forward. Even the best defender in the game would have been at long odds to stop that try.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8