Foz out, who plays 6

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who wears 6

• Cust

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Schuster

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Croker

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
Cust imo. Schuster has a lot of developing to do but is hidden enough on the edge and less pressure. Cust is calm and reasonably experienced now and Lawton may be free to play dummy half off the bench

Dark horse is Sironen. Even Des brought it up in the presser.

Sidenote: Very impressed with Croker's development @ 9

It's a tough call.

Prefer Schuster staying where he is.

Prefer Sirro taking Suli's spot on the bench and playing 20 min.

Prefer Cust to 6 but then we don't have a utility on the bench.

Do we have the cover at 9 and the backs without a utility on the bench against a side like
Parra? If we were playing a lesser team I would say yes.

I guess I would have Cust at 6, Sirro, Marty, Sipley and the youngest turbo debuting, on the bench.

Tough call...it's a BIG game.

It's a tough call.

Do we have the cover at 9 and the backs without a utility on the bench against a side like

I guess I would have Cust at 6, Sirro, Marty, Sipley and the youngest turbo debuting, on the bench.

Lawton, but coming back from Achilles injury.

I like Schuster developing his game at backrow. But at the end of the day we have locked him up long term because he is our future 6. And we knew at the start of this season he will be Foz' replacement when Foz gets his inevitable injury. It's an injury but it's just a small break for Foz, especially with the bye he will only be missing 3 games max. So schuster needs to go to this 6 role and apply what he has learnt from foran and start taking full control of that left hand side. Schuster to 6, Smole to left hand side second rower, Siro straight back into right hand side second rower. Schuster no look passes to a barging Smole will produce plenty of tries and a lethal combination for the next couple of weeks. Good look into our future.

It's a tough call.

burbo not ready for first grade yet

I was told a few weeks back that he was progressing ahead of schedule and was looking at round ten returning.

The latest covid issued to clubs may have prevented him playing NSW cup this week / next week.
The latest NRL directive infers NSW Cup players are not part of the "NRL bubble". Are they in a "bubble" of their own? If so, Lawton would need to be proven covid free for 2 weeks by quarantine before being allowed to join that "bubble"...or the NRL one for that matter.

This should obviously apply to Manase too if he is exonerated at trial.

Food for thought.

And we knew at the start of this season he will be Foz' replacement when Foz gets his inevitable injury.
That is an assumption by you which I doubt is correct. I think in Des' mind, Cust was always the one to fill in THIS YEAR if Foran is injured.
Who knows what Des thinks?

The latest NRL directive infers NSW Cup players are not part of the "NRL bubble". Are they in a "bubble" of their own? If so, Lawton would need to be proven covid free for 2 weeks by quarantine before being allowed to join that "bubble"...or the NRL one for that matter.

This should obviously apply to Manase too if he is exonerated at trial.

Food for thought.
The way I interpreted the notice was that any player selected to play NRL must be in the NRL bubble.

I am uncertain on the NSW cup if they have their own bubble, looking forward to what Lawton can do to the team.

Sidenote: Very impressed with Croker's development @ 9

He actually reminds me a lot of Des when Bozo moved him to hooker in 1995 after David O'Donnell signed with the Chooks. When they did it both Tooves and Monas were more natural at the move from half to hooker, but even though we won our first 15 games in 1995, Des himself was a tad slow out of the box as the dummy half IIRC and it took him a few games to get used to being the number 9.

You know, that may be part of why Des has been so patient with Croker despite all the criticism that was thrown at Lachlan. Because he (and his assistant, the previously mentioned Mr. Monaghan) know the transition from the halves to hooker isn't an easy one?? He was also patient with Monas back in 2007 and gave him time to settle in at hooker after we'd gotten Orford from Melbourne.

Last edited:
It really depends on who is returning.

If Sirro is back then Schuster to 5/8 if not Cust.

We are too short edge backrowers to move Schuster without Sirro returning.

Walker the wildcard but doubt he'll be back

It really depends on who is returning.

If Sirro is back then Schuster to 5/8 if not Cust.

We are too short edge backrowers to move Schuster without Sirro returning.

Walker the wildcard but doubt he'll be back
I didn’t even think about that... I hope Walker doesn’t play 6. Get him back to centre!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8