From Todays Wagga Paper - Les Muir again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Nthn NSW said:
Wonder which club this pole smoker supports

I should add that the article continued on saying Souths and Parra (he went out o a limb there) have no chance of winning the comp. Finishing up with how Todd Carney will be a senational signing, just what the Sharks have needed for years.

Yep, he's a Shark supporter.

That explains it..

Might e-mail him and ask where he got that groovey hair piece

LOL Sharks supporter? Must have sucked seeing his team lose to us in the last second of the game in the Shire last year :)

Earnie the Eagle said:
lsz said:
What ever happened to no one likes is and we do not care?

Take your point Izy but the guy has crossed the line as far a I am concerned.

Yes. He has crossed the line. Badly..in my sketchbook... He needs to learn to draw he line somewhere decent so all will be roses.

Shades off:

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/general/for-the-love-of-god-please-dont-let-manly-win/1321298.aspx?storypage=0

For the love of God, please don’t let Manly win
30 Sep, 2008 11:14 AM

I HATE Manly.

There, I’ve said it.

Not the suburb as such. Manly Beach is a nice place for a paddle on summer’s day and there are some great pubs, cafes and restaurants along Manly Corso.

Kicking back at The Steyne Hotel with a scrumptious barbecue barramundi fillet ($24 with Greek salad with paw paw and ginger salsa) is a sublime epicurean experience, especially if it is washed down with copious Crown Lagers and two or three bottles of Margaret River red.

Yeah, Manly has a lot going for it and at a pinch I probably could live there if some kind multi gave me a luxury unit on the water.

How great would that be?

Not bad, except there would be the monumental problem of having to reside in the same area as those dastardly Sea Eagles.

True, a person could just act as if they didn’t exist, but that would be excruciatingly hard when people who live on The Peninsula carry on so much about the horrible team.

Let me tell you, I’m as passionate in my hatred of the Sea Eagles as any of their loathsome supporters is with their devotion of the team.

And, I detest the Sea Eagles for all the right reasons.

Not so much as they beat Cronulla in the 1973 grand final (Canterbury was the only team back then), but just that the Sea Eagles are an awful, rotten team.

They’ve been like that forever and you just have to despise them.

They’re the world’s smuggest footballers, which is frightening because they haven’t got too much to be superior or haughty about.

Same goes for the supporters, but they’re probably just a tick worse. They are probably on par with Roosters fans, although that would be worth a debate.

So what does this all mean in grand final week?

Firstly, I’ll be praying Manly gets beaten – and really, really badly beaten, possibly 30 or 40 points.

Aside from all the other obvious benefits, this will mean Steve Menzies doesn’t get anything like a fairytale end to his career.

I’m absolutely sick and tired of hearing about The Beaver. Honestly, you’d think the Channel Nine commentary team had shares in Beaver Incorporated the way they rabbit on about him.

Same goes for Matt Orford, Jamie Lyon and Brett Stewart – three players I would love to see get 40,000,000 franc contracts to play rugby union in Rwanda for the next 25 years.

On the downside, Manly getting beaten will cost Cootamundra’s Mark Bryant a premiership – and that will be a damn pity.

The only other drawback I can see to the Sea Eagles getting thumped is that it will be the Storm who will be doing the thumping.

I can’t say I totally loathe Melbourne (the footy team not the city), but it’s a close call.

The Storm are really easy to dislike – and not just because they are world champion whingers about anything and everything.

This means picking between Manly and Melbourne on Sunday is a bit like having to choose whether to have the fingernails torn out on your right or left hand.

I know I’ll end up cheering for the Storm, but it will be through clenched teeth.

That is unless I absolutely load up on the Storm on TAB Sportsbet at the fantastic price of $2.05. Now that definitely would be worth cheering about.

:huh:

Can't remember who wrote that, anyway...

Hope this wanker loaded up on Storm then.

This pathetic grub is the only League fan i've heard bag the Beaver(a great ambassador for League).How the hell anyone can make a living writing this crap is beyond me.
This grub clearly has some serious mental issues.Someone put the idiot out of his misery...

There is a better article written by him after the grand final win against the Storm saying the result needs to be deleted from the records as its the greatest fluke if all time.

I am sure I posted it on the old sea eagles site. If I can find an online version I will post it.

Hope next time he's having "a sublime epicurean experience" at the Steyne someone punches him in the head. Definite contender for fist magnet of the year.

patorick2010 said:
Kicking back at The Steyne Hotel with a scrumptious barbecue barramundi fillet ($24 with Greek salad with paw paw and ginger salsa) is a sublime epicurean experience, especially if it is washed down with copious Crown Lagers and two or three bottles of Margaret River red.

Told you he was an alco.

Respose from Mr Muir and my question to him.

Hi Earnie
Thanks for feedback.
I will take it board.
By the way, would you like this letter published as a Letter to the Sports Editor?
Regards
Les Muir

Les,

No thanks, it was directed at you, by the way what team do you support in the NRL?

Earnie

Hi Earnie
That's fine.
Don't hold this against me, but I lived in Cronulla for sometime and have always retained a passing interest in the fortunes of the Sharks.
Regards
Les Muir

arty said:
The Who said:
I took this approach, and received a reply:
Les,
Your name is familiar. Did you do your cadetship in Sydney at one of the News Ltd papers?
I did mine at The Sun in the 1970s, and was trained to be objective, report only the facts and not provide opinions.
Your diatribe against the RL premiers, Manly, contradicts everything you must have been taught. It really is poor journalism, and I’m appalled that your standards have slipped so low.

Thanks (The Who) for the feedback
Yes, I did do my cadetship at the Telegraph around that time.
And I certainly hope or believe my standards have slipped. The column was intended as light-hearted and touch in cheek.

(I think he meant to say that his standards have NOT slipped, and that it was tongue-in-cheek)
I wish to nominate The Who as our official translator of the Wagga Waste Paper. As a current or former journo The Who is our closest relative [but obviously not related] to this quaint species which is characterised, mainly by some News Limited sports reporter staff, by big mouths, small brains and big egos.

I was a journo for 8 years for The Sun and two years as a sports sub-editor at The Australian before I crossed over to what journos describe as 'the dark side'- PR. I remembered the name Les Muir because I think I played RL against him in the Journalists Cup. I recall Phil Rothfield, and Greg Prichard was a fat copyboy we use to taunt. I was the only Manly supporter, from memory.
Journalism has changed. Today it is all about celebrity, gossip and opinions. I believed it once was a noble profession, but now there is so much pressure on producing material quickly that you have to print speculation without verifying facts or getting quotes from the other side.
I do believe that when email guys like Muir you should use logical arguments to refute their claims, and at least Muir does respond to emails.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
This is what he looks like

1650773.jpg
He looks like a ****ing idiot .

Brookie4eva said:
Jatz Crackers said:
bob dylan said:
Les is a decent guy.

He just hates Manly.

Those 2 statements are incompatible.

The word you are looking for is ... incompossible

And for those skeptics, it's a real word, and one of my favorite words.

Sure is.....

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Incompossible \In`com*pos"si*ble\, a. [Pref. in- not +
compossible: cf. F. incompossible.]
Not capable of joint existence; incompatible; inconsistent.
[Obs.]

Ambition and faith . . . are . . . incompossible.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8