Full Team List for 2016,

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

brad

First Grader
He told a mate of mine who coached him at Wee Waa years ago . They are still good mates from there and he has said if the body holds up he is as keen as to keep going . Thought I'd add that before I get shot down.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A newbies team pick
1 Brett stewart
2 Tom Trbojevic
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Halauafu Lavaka
6 Dylan Walker
7 DCE
8 J Buhrer
9 Lewis Brown
10 Martin Tapou
11 Nate Myles
12 Apasai Koroisou
13 Jake Trbojevic

Bench ( pick from)
Tom Symonds
Feleti Mateo
Matt Parcell
Brenton Lawrence
Nathan Green
Josh Starling
Jorge Tafua
Darcy Lussick
Blake Leary
Issac John
Tom Wright
John Walker
Liam Knight
etc etc

KeithSheldon

Reserve Grader
My 2016 team:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Dylan Walker
7. DCE
8. Nate Myles
9. Api Koroisau
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Jamie Buhrer
12. Feleti Mateo
13. Martain Taupau
14. Matt Parcell
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Lewis Brown
17. Brenton Lawrence

Symonds, Leary, Starling and Knight are our depth.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
A newbies team pick
1 Brett stewart
2 Tom Trbojevic
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Halauafu Lavaka
6 Dylan Walker
7 DCE
8 J Buhrer
9 Lewis Brown
10 Martin Tapou
11 Nate Myles
12 Apasai Koroisou
13 Jake Trbojevic

Bench ( pick from)
Tom Symonds
Feleti Mateo
Matt Parcell
Brenton Lawrence
Nathan Green
Josh Starling
Jorge Tafua
Darcy Lussick
Blake Leary
Issac John
Tom Wright
John Walker
Liam Knight
etc etc
Sorry mate Tafua is a gun and will be there

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
Buhrer won't be getting resigned, plus Taupau isn't a second rower but I guess that's your team my team would look something like this
1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Whare
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Trbojevic
9.Parcell
10.Tauapu
11.Myles
12.Cordner
13.Knight

14.Brown
15.Lussick
16.Klemmer
17.CheeKam
Why won't buhrer get a new contract?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My 2016 team:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Dylan Walker
7. DCE
8. Nate Myles
9. Api Koroisau
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Jamie Buhrer
12. Feleti Mateo
13. Martain Taupau
14. Matt Parcell
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Lewis Brown
17. Brenton Lawrence

Symonds, Leary, Starling and Knight are our depth.

This will be close, I'd suggest however they'll leave Api out, Parcell into 9 and bring up T Rex. Api might have to ease himself back in given his possible mental state.

The others will get plenty of game time either as a result of injury or in rotation.

I'd suggest TB will be better at trying new combinations than 2V was.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Did he? Hmmm I didn't realise. If Starling is getting 100+ metres consistently off the bench, then he has to be in the side. Plus, he is young, and coming into his prime.

When Jake tore the warriors a new one cracking 200m Starling come off the bench and cracked 150m. granted both played long minutes because we had no bench due to injuries but it shows they have a good motor and with reduced interchanges this is even more crucial.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
Manly 2016
1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Lyon(c)(gk)
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(vc)
8.Trbojevic
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Buhrer
13.Taupau

14.Brown
15.Lussick
16.Starling
17.Symonds

Backups:
Fullback-Moltzen
Wing-Green/Lavaka/Goodall
Centre-Satini/Williame/Raimen
Halves-John/Hynes/Wright
Hooker-Koroisau/Pratt/Hodges
Prop-Knight/Lawrence/Burgess/Vave
Second row-Walker/Kelly
Lock-Leary/Fonua-Blake/Latham

Manly NSW cup 2016
1.Moltzen(c)
2.Lavaka
3.Williame
4.Satini
5.Green
6.Hynes
7.John
8.Vave
9.Koroisau(gk)
10.Starling
11.Leary
12.Kelly
13.Fonua-Blake

14.Pratt
15.Burgess
16.Lawrence
17.Goodall

18.Hodges
19.Latham

Fluffy

Journey Man
A newbies team pick
1 Brett stewart
2 Tom Trbojevic
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Halauafu Lavaka
6 Dylan Walker
7 DCE
8 J Buhrer
9 Lewis Brown
10 Martin Tapou
11 Nate Myles
12 Apasai Koroisou
13 Jake Trbojevic

Bench ( pick from)
Tom Symonds
Feleti Mateo
Matt Parcell
Brenton Lawrence
Nathan Green
Josh Starling
Jorge Tafua
Darcy Lussick
Blake Leary
Issac John
Tom Wright
John Walker
Liam Knight
etc etc

cant play Buhrer at prop, he just doesn't have the minutes in him

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I picked him at lock ... but you may be right .... we are blessed with some great choices if they combine well, stay relatively injury free & play to their potential

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I was chatting to a former club captain last week he said the plan at the moment is to start with Purcell and have Api on bench as he can also provide coverage in the back line in case of injury

Rex

Bencher
I picked him at lock ... but you may be right .... we are blessed with some great choices if they combine well, stay relatively injury free & play to their potential
I think it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, nightster. No 8 used to be lock in the old days, now it's prop.

brad

First Grader
I was chatting to a former club captain last week he said the plan at the moment is to start with Purcell and have Api on bench as he can also provide coverage in the back line in case of injury
Well that throws a spanner in the works I thought it would be out of parcell and Api now we have Purcell.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
When Jake tore the warriors a new one cracking 200m Starling come off the bench and cracked 150m. granted both played long minutes because we had no bench due to injuries but it shows they have a good motor and with reduced interchanges this is even more crucial.

That day in Auckland showed the league world what Manly fans already knew. That Jake Trbojecvic was the real deal, a throwback to the old 80 minute prop forward who thrives on actually being out there in the middle and not continually swapping on the bench. From that time on Tooves started leaving him out there for longer periods. And Star's performance off the bench showed the same thing.

Its one of the reasons why I keep saying that Jake reminds me a lot of Glenn Lazarus. A big boy with skills who can run hard and tackle all day. The Brick was one of those players who got better the more he was on the field and to me, Jake is exactly the same type of player.

Ryan

Journey Man
That day in Auckland showed the league world what Manly fans already knew. That Jake Trbojecvic was the real deal, a throwback to the old 80 minute prop forward who thrives on actually being out there in the middle and not continually swapping on the bench. From that time on Tooves started leaving him out there for longer periods. And Star's performance off the bench showed the same thing.

Its one of the reasons why I keep saying that Jake reminds me a lot of Glenn Lazarus. A big boy with skills who can run hard and tackle all day. The Brick was one of those players who got better the more he was on the field and to me, Jake is exactly the same type of player.

Oh I completely agree with that. The more minutes Toovey gave the legend, the more he thrived.

That said, I'd liken him to a modern day prop. More slender. Faster. Ability to create.

I hope I'm not overating too much, but I think he'll be one of the top props in the league.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
IMO Jake Trbojevic has proven, even after just one full season, that he is easily the best defensive front rower not only in the NRL, but in rugby league. We saw it last year, guys would run at him early in games then spend the rest of the game trying to avoid him. They found out that couldn't run over the top of him because.....hell, here was a kid just out of the juniors who could actually tackle. And standing in the defensive line next to Matty Ballin.....it was better to spread the ball wide than die with it in the middle.

After just one year he has already won the clubs Best and Fairest award and played for the PM's XIII (and not from the bench either, he started the game in the #10 jumper).

Laurie Daley could do worse than having Jake at least on the bench for NSW this year and if he plays like he did in 2015 I wouldn't be surprised to see his name included in the Kangaroos 4 Nations squad at the end of the year.

As an old front rower myself, I have a soft spot for the big boppers of the game ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12