Gallen Fined $50K & Banned from Rep Fair or Harsh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Somewhat harsh considering Australia still is a freedom of speech" country but, as one of the supposed elite, and the captain of the Blues, brain should have been engaged!

Not sure how I would feel about him in a Manly Jersey............

Jerry1 said:
There were reports today that he's been suffering from depression. May have something to do with the lack of judgement

Read that. Not sure how happy Gal would be that Rothc@ck has put that out there, whilst reporting that Gal doesn't want to talk about it publicly. If he's been mixing the supposed depressive meds and grog then he deserves the bloody fine.

A punishment completely out of proportion to the 'crime'. The loser in this decision is the NRL as it almost impossible for me to think lower of them after this action.

Gall is probably just over his prime but if he was a genuine recruitment option then it would be yes from me.

Cronulla captain Paul Gallen says he won't be taking a $50,000 fine meted out by the NRL lying down.

Gallen, who was slugged with the hefty fine yesterday for an abusive tweet directed towards NRL administrators, felt he had no choice.

"It's unbelievable - I've got to fight it," Gallen told News Corp.

"The last time I didn't fight something (the ASADA ban) I regretted it, I will this time.

"How can they justify it? Blokes get fined $10,000 for an assault. Others have been arrested and not been fined anything."

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/gallen-fight-hefty-nrl-fine-6117491

Over the top for mine.

But if you don't have the brains to keep your mouth shut, you deserve what you get.

In the end though, he doesn't play for Manly because he chose not to (good decision that Gal), so who really cares.

I have no problem with this. Whilst I agree with his sentiments, any person who calls their organisational hierarchy a C**t is going to get the sack.

It doesn't matter whether we think it's true or not, he has bitten the hand that feeds him and he can think himself lucky he didn't get punted.

I think The Sharks fans should organise a bucket of truth for Gallen has simply said what many of have echoed previously but never taken seriously as we are only fans and not a representative player.

Ralphie said:
I have no problem with this. Whilst I agree with his sentiments, any person who calls their organisational hierarchy a C**t is going to get the sack.

So, are you suggesting that next time I'm a little irritated with the department who employs me, I don't send them an email calling them .......?

Sheesh. Employees have no rights these days.:p

First of all the suggestion that Gal should/would come to Manly is now ridiculous. I have meet him a few times and have found him ok ..in later years. So many good/great footballers live on the edge on and off the field. Not always nice people.

What he tweeted was the truth as he saw it (after far too many drinks). Praising Steve Noyce and comparing his actions to those of the NRL officials in regard to player welfare.

We all know he used the wrong word. He knows he used the wrong word. Is it the word he used or in fact that he told the truth that upset them the most? I hope he fights it and then tells them to all G Fed.

Very Harsh.

He only said what most of us are thinking anyway.

Seems like his patience with teh NRL is starting to wear thin, especially after the damage that ASADA did to the club.

TBH i can see him playing in france/england in the next year or 2.

Side Note: the C bomb wasn't appropriate given kids idolise the players. He could have made his point with a different word.

This is what will happen now.

Gallen will leave Aus for Eng on big money and continue to box.

Well he only got suspended for a few weeks for drug cheating. So, keeping roughly proportional, he should be fined about $35 for this indiscretion.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-29/nrl-judiciary-chairman-paul-conlon-quits-following-paul-gallen-/5851222?section=sport

Well someone who stands up for what he believes in. Congrats to Paul Conlon. Everyone know what Gal said was poorly worded but he did not get a chance to put his case. I think this will be become bigger

We cracked it when the League decided to retrospectively apply a 'double demerits' penalty to Snake, ostensibly due to his profile as the Face of League.

It would be hypocritical of me to accept Gallen's punishment as anything but unfair, no matter his position within the game. The crime simply wasn't that serious.

Absolute hypocrisy on behalf of the NRL and I applaud Conlon for his stand on his principals.

The Administrators need to come to terms with Social Media and how players can say things at times they may not want in the public domain while under the influence of alcohol. The players also need to have a manager of their tweets and Social Media, to ensure an unfortunate drunken message doesn't reach the universe.

It was just a moment of expressing how he feels, but regretting he said it... No DUI, No physical assault or any other potentially criminal violence and it was not directed at one person, but rather the hierarchy as a whole, for the perceived lack of support and leadership he feels he should have received in a time of immense pressure and stress. Let alone the legal costs!

If Gallen is fined $50k and the fine stands, then player managers beware, you'll have a lot more work to do for your 10% as any player manager now can create a point of differentiation... you can say whatever you like on your tweets and Facebook, because we'll make sure only the good ones go through and when you wake up in the morning, you won't have to worry about what you wrote last night!

I couldn't be bothered finding the asada and gallen thread so he it's being posted...

Annnnnnnnnnd here's the diff boys and girls:

OLYMPIC champion Tate Smith could be banned from defending his title in Rio and risks having his London gold medal stripped after failing a drugs test.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/local-sport/gold-coast-olympic-champion-tate-smith-could-be-stripped-of-gold-after-positive-drug-test/story-fnj94izo-1227086964393

not 6 weeks/games whatever.....but the std 2 years

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6