Gallop must go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
codewana - my initial post topic isn't designed to win over fellow posters.
I understand Rex has points that are important to him and I don't mean to be disrespectful to him or any posters.
I repeat: Bigger picture: Leave Gallop alone.

bazeagle said:
Rex: way too much information in your reply post. Boring bud.
Like I said, Leave Gallop alone.
Reason is, to repeat, Gallop hasn't done that bad a job given the inherent factional structure of the NRL which gives rise to major deep seated vendettas and chips on many shoulders.
Leave Gallop alone.
Because, and no-one has given much thought to this, what happens if he does leave?
Who replaces him? Right. Hmmm. Could be a bigger problem again. Is anyone thinking about that? Na. Guess not eh.

Tap out Baz, you've got nothing.

The best you've got is, "who replaces him?".

Gallop is a barrister. It is no coincidence that Lawyers are the butt of many a joke.

Put it this way - if Gallop had to apply for the job (not getting the job as a SuperLeague stooge), would he get it?

If he had to stand for reelection, would he be returned?

The answer in either case if emphatically, NO WAY!!!

I've probably got nothing Volley, because no-one is prepared to take on board the underlying issues, which are many and varied: politics, back room agendas, interclub feud's and chips on multiple shoulders. That's ok. I'm over this entire crap. Signing out of this: Leave Gallop Alone.

bazeagle said:
I understand Rex has points that are important to him and I don't mean to be disrespectful to him or any posters.

If you're asking people to do something (in this case, leave Gallop alone) then you are trying to 'win over fellow posters'.

Ugh,So the nanny state is in full force then,not to mention double standards? lol

If you like David Gallop The Northern Eagles are what he
brought about,did anyone enjoy this period in the club's history?

It was the fault of him and his employer...

bazeagle said:

As you sow, so shall you reap.

Be a knob unto others and others shall shaft unto you.

Mr gallop is due some sorry mate.

• 👍
Reactions: JEF
bazeagle said:
I've probably got nothing Volley, because no-one is prepared to take on board the underlying issues, which are many and varied: politics, back room agendas, interclub feud's and chips on multiple shoulders. That's ok. I'm over this entire crap. Signing out of this: Leave Gallop Alone.

Baz, tell me something he has done well for us to give him praise, other than the Melbourne rort penalties? He's done nothing to deserve the job he is currently in. I am personally not knocking him as a person. However, I think he is an atrocious CEO that should be removed the first chance the IC gets. This might be in 3 years time when the agreement with News Corp is up but at least that time will come.

As for there being no one better? How do you know? There a re a lot of independent CEO's and former CEO's that could do a far better job, and for the love of the game, not for their boss and what they decide should be done.

I disagree, Gallop has handled the game well and helped it grow into TV's most watched sport. That has happened by accident. Sick of this now, all the historic tired old agendas keep on being trotted out. What is it about the reality of moving on that people here don't understand?

Bazeagle, when you say you're moving on, you positively should. It's a bad look to re enter the thread when you've upped and gone. The problem with Gallop is that he has no presence, no ideas and no passion. he sees the game in corporate eyes and as such,

All I'm gonna say is I hate how he runs our game like its on the brink of collapse.

By that I mean if anything negative happens involving a player he's quick to publically condemn them and be all apologetic to the mums rather than say these things happen.
He should look after the players better and not hang them out to dry.

Plus he has no idea what passions are involved in playing the game or being a fan.
He's a robot.

You're trying to dumb us down Baz. To just follow your thoughts and demands without any foundation, without any sound reason, without any critical analysis, without any logic.

Why? I don't know. But you're sounding more and more like Gallop.

bazeagle said:
I disagree, Gallop has handled the game well and helped it grow into TV's most watched sport. That has happened by accident. Sick of this now, all the historic tired old agendas keep on being trotted out. What is it about the reality of moving on that people here don't understand?

How? You disagree but you don't give raw facts.

Last word Rex & Jono: I am not trying to dumb anyone down or ignore facts.
All I saying is leave Gallop alone.
He has made errors, but who hasn't. I believe he's basically a decent guy who tries to do a very difficult job with all the factional agendas and interests that run deep in Rugby League. To stupidly ignore that this very culture is actually at play right now in trying to run him out of office is ignoring the real facts. Jono you want facts - try these.
Final post on this from me.

bazeagle said:
........ Sick of this now, all the historic tired old agendas keep on being trotted out. What is it about the reality of moving on that people here don't understand?

We are all sick of Gallop's and his News Ltd cronies tired old agendas, and we all definitely want to move on and leave him behind. Unfortunately for us we are unable to because progressive management and leadership would be detrimental to News Ltd's stranglehold on the game.

bazeagle said:
He has made errors, but who hasn't. I believe he's basically a decent guy who tries to do a very difficult job with all the factional agendas and interests that run deep in Rugby League. To stupidly ignore that this very culture is actually at play right now in trying to run him out of office is ignoring the real facts. Jono you want facts - try these.
Sorry baz he is a flithy cretin the way he treated Brett Stewart was disgraceful. He wouldn't know integrity if it jumped up and bit him on his knob. He's a news ltd stooge nothing but a hangover from the super league war. He needs to **** off and take his buddy bec Wilson with him.

bazeagle said:

I was interested to find if you had anything at all of substance behind your support of Gallop, or any willingness to look at facts, and as Volley says, you got nothing.

Baz, if you refuse to curiously ask yourself any other questions, then ask yourself just this one:

If Gallop is not looking after News Ltd's best interests at the expense of Rugby League's best interests, then why would News Ltd demand as a key condition of them exiting the game that Gallop stay as CEO for an extended period?

It is a deadset give away.

Rex - speculation, it's all speculation. You have no idea what's really going on at News Ltd. And who cares. It's all old news, steeped in tired agendas that date back years. Move on.

bazeagle said:

Ok Baz allow me to retort with real FACTS rather than open statements, and maybe some of you can help out because I am going to forget a lot (Read Baz as you might learn something about your "friend"):

The question is: Why should Gallop go?

- He is an ex (possibly current) employee of News Corp, a group that will play a major part in the next TV negotiations, a job that Gallop will be a part of as CEO. That alone is a conflict of interest and not very "independent".

- He screwed us 5 years ago by negotiating a contract that was less than what the game was actually worth.

- On a personal note: he is still yet to apologise to Brett or admit that he made a mistake.

- He continues to have double standards when it comes to the moral behaviours of players, both on and off the field.

- He continues to not help the clubs he represents when they are in needing of funding for facilities.

- He allowed the former State Government to include the Leagues Clubs in the Poker Tax policy, this includes within the amendments made in 2006, so he's failed twice to represent the Leagues Clubs.

- He called the Melbourne fans terrorists for showing a bit of passion for their club (a part of ones personality that actually forces one to come to more games as they become more passionate about their colours). He doesn't care for this and anyone that shows it is a "terrorist" in his mind. On top of this he never actually apologised for his comments.

- He didn't start promoting membership as a whole until 2009, 7 years after getting the job of CEO. This is just advertising though. The clubs still have to do all the work.

- He approved the choice of the current song for advertising then turns around and complains when clubs and their fans start believing what they are promoting.

- He continues to neglect the Western Suburbs, even when we KNOW the GWS is coming as of November 1st this year. This includes deciding to build the headquarters at Moore Park.

- He let scamming of the salary cap occur on 2 occasions during his reign (and that is MAJOR infringements only), stuffed up the first one allowing the Bulldogs keep their players. It took the tipping off by employees of both clubs for him to do something. It was as plain as day to everyone else.

- Allowing Steve Turner to sign with Melbourne when he had already signed with the Titans.

- Allowing $BW to run off to France without repercussions.

- Lets the Gold Coast Titans flounder while the Suns, who only won 3 games this year, blossom

This is all I can remember off the top of my head.

As CEO, a lot of decisions are made by other people but have to be approved by him. He has made a lot of bad decisions, decisions that in a lot of cases have been a detriment to the game. His job is to help the game bloom while the players entertain. The players have raised the entertainment of the game, as has the media and the clubs, and we are seeing the signs of this with greater numbers of people going to the games. His job is to utilise this. He hasn't. He also has to be the representative for ALL clubs, and come in when a club needs help. He has failed on this as well.

You say who would be a better alternative?

Trust me, there are better people out there more capable of running this game. Mark Bouris is a pretty good example. Andrew Demetriou is an example of a good CEO.

We can't just sit here, shut our mouths and accept what we have. Nazi Germany is a good example of what goes wrong when you accept something that you know just isn't right. We as Rugby League fans, no matter what club we support, deserve better and we are not going to sit here quietly and allow him to get away with being incompetent.

In conclusion Baz, we will not leave him alone until he goes or until he starts doing an acceptable job. So this is why I wanted real facts from you to tell me why we should leave him alone. You are yet to give mean solid information other than assumptions that "he's a good man". The fact you admit he makes mistakes should mean that you agree he is incompetent and deserves to be hounded until he gets it right. If we don't then he'll continue to make mistakes. It's called "constructive feedback". Too bad he doesn't listen to the constructive feedback and that is why he must go!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7